Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 54   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The Winter Cricket Thread  (Read 85732 times)
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: Wednesday, September 19, 2012, 19:09:59 »

It looks great to have the name Compton in an England side. On the few occasions I've seen him play he has looked very good, but that it is at Taunton, and I think I could bat on that track, and I didn't break double figures with the bat all season.

I've not seen Root. What do people think of him? I wonder if, at 21, he is going for the experience, with one eye on the future, but then he is the only addition who opens in first class cricket, so he may be straight in.

Only seen Root in one day stuff, and he's not been too impressive. The England hierarchy obviously think there's a talent here that can be developed.....Michael Vaughan's county figures were moderate, but Fletcher saw a player.

Root also bowls a bit of of spin, which could be helpful...
STFC_Manc

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: Wednesday, September 19, 2012, 19:58:34 »

Looking forward to it all!Love a bit of winter cricket.Its always dark and freezing cold here but your sat at 5am watching or listening to the cricket in a country where its boiling and sunny.Plus with the baby i have the excuse to watch it,i've not got work during the week  Cheesy

Unhappy at all the kp stuff.Just all round depressing really.  Sad

We won't all be sat in the cold watching it Smiley
TheMajorSTFC

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: Thursday, September 20, 2012, 00:07:52 »

My old chap played with Varun Chopra today (Warwickshire) in Neil Carter's benefit 6 a side at Wormsley, he happened to get a phone call from Andy Flower, telling him that he is the '1st reserve' should anyone pull out...believe he was the leading run scorer in one of the competitions this season! Said he was a great guy and that there are a few to look out for. He rated Joe Root as the next technically best batsman England will have, so I believe they will play Root.

1st Test Prediction: Cook (c) Root Trott Bell Morgan Bairstow Prior Broad Swann Anderson Panesar/Finn (depending on what they believe the wicket does)

#VivaKenBarlow!
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: Friday, September 21, 2012, 14:07:17 »

England start off against the Afghans today, and we're 0/1 off the first over. Not an ideal start.
fittons_coaching_badge

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: Friday, September 21, 2012, 14:14:17 »

The Counties should be eyeing up these 2 Afghans opening bowlers for a 20/20 stint.  Both really sharp.  I especially like the left hander!
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: Friday, September 21, 2012, 14:16:57 »

Bearing mind Hassan is their best bowler and he's crocked, they've got a fucking good attack! I can think of at least two Asian full member nations who would swap their quicks.
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: Friday, September 21, 2012, 14:23:18 »

I especially like the left hander!

So does Luke Wright apparently.
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: Friday, September 21, 2012, 15:22:25 »

Wright is properly marmalising them here. Not a big fan but he can sure as hell hit it.
gingernuggets

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: Friday, September 21, 2012, 15:29:57 »

Wright 99 not out - damn good knock but must be a bit gutted at the same time.
Saxondale

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: Friday, September 21, 2012, 16:19:29 »

Im feeling confident.

Afghans 25 for 6 after 7.4

Never knowingly overstated.
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: Friday, September 21, 2012, 16:21:41 »

Might sneak home.
Saxondale

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: Friday, September 21, 2012, 16:22:53 »

26 for 7

Never knowingly overstated.
TheMajorSTFC

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: Sunday, September 23, 2012, 17:59:52 »

That was rather embarrasing today...80 all out, and yet again, we look fucking clueless against spin!

#VivaKenBarlow!
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: Sunday, September 23, 2012, 22:20:13 »

Doesn't matter in the slightest because of the rubbish format of the tournament, no points carried forwards to super 8s, all minnow games first. Great work guys, nothing better than a whole bunch of dead games straight away. Bit embarassing when even Rohit Sharma scores runs against you though.

Don't really understand why we looked so bad against the Indian spinners: Ajmal kinda makes sense because there's nobody really like him in England, but orthodox off spin really shouldn't have quite the same effect.
TheMajorSTFC

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: Sunday, September 23, 2012, 22:35:32 »

The format is rather odd, looking forward to seeing how we fair against other major nations! Confidence might have taken a hit, especially with so many young guys in the team right now! If we come up against Pakistan, Sri Lanka or anyone with a half decent spinner then I can't see us scoring many against them.

#VivaKenBarlow!
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 54   Go Up
Print
Jump to: