Pages: 1 ... 30 31 32 [33] 34 35   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Portsmouth Vs Swindon Town Official Matchday Thread  (Read 49508 times)
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #480 on: Wednesday, September 19, 2012, 10:28:33 »

We've done well against South Coast teams this season and I'm optimistic this will be part one of a "South coast teams ending in -mouth" double header of back to back wins and two clean sheets. There, I've said it. Cue two heavy defeats and me reminding myself why I never make score predictions
Blimey! Roll on the other "South coast -mouth" then!
TheMajorSTFC

Ignore
« Reply #481 on: Wednesday, September 19, 2012, 10:46:04 »

Really enjoyed last night, a win under lights at a 'classic' ground!

1st half we could have been 5-0 up and by full time it could have been 8-3 as someone earlier had mentioned!

Great turnout from our lot again to take 1400 to Pompey on a Tuesday!

Pleased for Williams....roll on Saturday, we owe Bournemuff a beating!

#VivaKenBarlow!
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #482 on: Wednesday, September 19, 2012, 10:57:30 »

Pompey fans seem a tad confused at Voldemort's comments.

Here.

http://fansonline.net/portsmouth/mb/view.php?id=453842

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
TheDukeOfBanbury

Ignore
« Reply #483 on: Wednesday, September 19, 2012, 10:58:55 »

1st half we could have been 5-0 up and by full time it could have been 8-3 as someone earlier had mentio

1st half we could have been 5-0 up and by full time it could have been 8-3 as someone earlier had mentioned!

Pox took 700 to Cheltenham last night which is not very far !!
Poor Support.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #484 on: Wednesday, September 19, 2012, 11:13:00 »

Pox took 700 to Cheltenham last night which is not very far !!
Poor Support.

Probably indifference caused by disappointment with news that Wilder was staying. I'm delighted myself.
BruceChatwin

Ignore
« Reply #485 on: Wednesday, September 19, 2012, 11:26:49 »

Great game and performance, and a great advert for League 1 football. Chuffed for Williams and you could see how much it meant to him, he was absolutely outstanding last night. Also Roberts looked class for 60 mins and worked much harder than i expected in getting back to support Mcevely (who also looked back to his best apart from that one suicidal backpass to Foderingham). With Ritchie pretty quiet aside from his goal, our left side partnership is now looking the more dangerous. Thought Mcormack was also back in good form and made a few nice marauding runs. Also well done to Thompson, his touch looked assured and he won almost all his one on ones against their winger until the end when they started really targeting that side, although the whole team lost the plot for the last 10. Don't know who it was that said last week that Thompson shouldn't be let anywhere near the first team, and what they were basing that on but i couldn't disagree more strongly: I thought the balance looked a lot better with him one one side and Roberts on the other giving us two proper recognisable attacking flanks either side. Finally well done to Navarro who i hadn't rated that much in the first few games but who i thought had an excellent game before his injury, and his crosses looked lethal! Onward and upwards, COYR.
ghanimah

Ignore
« Reply #486 on: Wednesday, September 19, 2012, 11:32:41 »

Probably indifference caused by disappointment with news that Wilder was staying. I'm delighted myself.

They're not happy bunnies...

http://yellowsforum.proboards.com/index.cgi?board=general&action=display&thread=11155

"We perform the duties of freemen; we must have the privileges of freemen ..."
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #487 on: Wednesday, September 19, 2012, 11:46:34 »

What are they moaning about, that is still above/around their average.  Huh?
(still shite though)  Grin
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #488 on: Wednesday, September 19, 2012, 11:48:21 »

Some of them are saying it was a good turn out on a Tuesday night. No it fucking wasn't....1,200 travelling over 80 miles on a Tuesday is a good turn out not 700 travelling about 35 miles, thats embarrassing.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
clarkystfc

Ignore
« Reply #489 on: Wednesday, September 19, 2012, 11:51:18 »

we played well last night apart from the last ten mins however defence looks shaky for couple of reasons first being ward positional sense is poor he hoofs it every time it comes to him pretty decent in the air but him and al mac just didnt work or talk to each other. Thompson shaky first half much better 2nd and ritchie and him really linked well eventually,have to say navarro and miller are too similar coke looked class again when coming on and rooney also did well off the bench and so chuffed for williams as worked bloody hard every game as collins has to but great goal and am more than confident he will score shed loads now but think benson should start with him imo! Town fans were very subdued last night even when winning 2-0 at the time was dead quiet bring on the ballmouth boys!  Cheesy
fuzzy

A Bastard apparently

Ignore
« Reply #490 on: Wednesday, September 19, 2012, 13:29:34 »

WTF did Devera do to get booked whilst warming up?
Dirk Diggler

« Reply #491 on: Wednesday, September 19, 2012, 13:39:21 »

http://www.portsmouth.co.uk/sport/pompey/pompey-past/appy-that-s-more-like-it-1-4275810

Appleton's thoughts on the game last night. Pompey's best performance of the season apparently!

...and Brian Howard

http://www.portsmouthfc.co.uk/LatestNews/news/Deja-Vu-For-Howard-3718.aspx

Are they on drugs?

WTF is Howard on about? 0-0 at half time? Obviously playing in a different match
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #492 on: Wednesday, September 19, 2012, 13:40:50 »

Thoroughly enjoyed last night.

Wes seems to have brushed off any confidence issues from the early subbing and was absolutely class last night.

Nathan Thompson looks like a real talent, really good going forward and solid in the tackle. He's going to need a lot of guidance and help from the more experienced players on his positioning though which is to be expected.

Macca back to his best. Ward still looks shaky and i'm not convinced, my heart seems to go in to my mouth whenever he's near the ball.

Jay had a brilliant first half, made that one mistake which almost cost us at the end and was harshly subbed off instantly (Di Canio gestures to Bessone to get stripped off straight after the incident, but it's what you come to expect now I guess)

Ritchie was quite quiet but who cares when you win £50 off his scoring first. Roberts decent and caused trouble. Still not convinced on Navarro and Miller partnership....i'd really like to see Ferry and Coke.

Really Really pleased for Williams. The guy has been a class act since he came here and works his backside off. I actually predicted early on that he does look like the type of player who might let his head drop if he doesn't score but he really shouldn't as he's important to the team and has been playing well regardless.

Anyone know what Devera was booked for on the bench??

Our support, class in terms of numbers. 700 sold in advance, Pompy has another 400 tickets ready and waiting which were sold out with about 10 minutes left ill kick off leaving people waiting for some more to be printed. Must have been about 1,200-1,400 total in the end.

In terms of vocalness though, very dissappointing. I swear we could go 6-5 up in the 95th minute against Oxford in a cup semi-final and some of our fans would still look like they'd just found out their dog had to be put down. I really question why they go to football as they really don't seem to enjoy it. Pompy are an example to follow, they really willed their team on to look for the equaliser. Some of our fans could learn from that, a bit of that at Carlisle could have helped us on to a winner.
Saxondale

Ignore
« Reply #493 on: Wednesday, September 19, 2012, 14:00:25 »

WTF did Devera do to get booked whilst warming up?

Held on to the ball for a bit and then was pushed by one of there players.  Dont quite understand why the twat who pushed him wasn't booked as well but I did think the ref was pretty inconsistent.

Never knowingly overstated.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #494 on: Wednesday, September 19, 2012, 14:06:53 »

Held on to the ball for a bit and then was pushed by one of there players.  Dont quite understand why the twat who pushed him wasn't booked as well but I did think the ref was pretty inconsistent.

remember last year when Matt Ritchie assaulted that 6 year old ballboy somewhere.

the little kid didnt get booked for time wasting!
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 32 [33] 34 35   Go Up
Print
Jump to: