Pages: 1 ... 28 29 30 [31] 32 33 34 35   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Portsmouth Vs Swindon Town Official Matchday Thread  (Read 49483 times)
fatbasher

« Reply #450 on: Tuesday, September 18, 2012, 23:06:48 »

Not back yet. In Micky d's on the A34 sending orders from today's business.

Solid all round. Panicked a bit in the last 10 mins but I have to say that we can and will get better. My colleague said we throughly deserved our win and we will be there or there abouts if we can improve on today or we could get found out. Understand that actually as I thought we did towards the end of last season.

I was never bothered at any time during the game even at the end I had faith that we'd come good and so it came to pass. Pleased for Wiliams again he worked his socks off. A big well done to all the team.
Shaw Rosso

Ignore
« Reply #451 on: Tuesday, September 18, 2012, 23:11:43 »

I was there an hour ago, delightful Big Mac Eat
singingiiiffy

Ignore
« Reply #452 on: Wednesday, September 19, 2012, 01:50:19 »

Thought the away fans were poor. 2 nil up at pompey and struggled to get a chant going in the second half! Was a strange one. 3 points which is all that matters, should have been a comfortable win, quality play at times
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #453 on: Wednesday, September 19, 2012, 05:52:50 »

A nice result to wake up to, and Williams scoring as well is very positive. The runaway train is back on the rails.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #454 on: Wednesday, September 19, 2012, 06:09:50 »

So can anyone shed any light as to why Collins was subbed?
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #455 on: Wednesday, September 19, 2012, 06:36:19 »

So can anyone shed any light as to why Collins was subbed?
By the sound of it at the time, it sounded like the same reason as Kerrouche last year. Collins wasn't doing what PDC had told him to.

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
london_red

Ignore
« Reply #456 on: Wednesday, September 19, 2012, 07:10:09 »

It was difficult to tell from in the ground, he (Collins) didn't seem overly put out when he came off though so possible he'd picked up a slight knock.

Have to reiterate what a blinder their keeper had in the first half, game should have been miles out of sight at half time.

Impressed by Roberts in flashes, think when he's fully match sharp him and Ritchie are going to be a hell of a combination.

Also Williams took his goal really well for a guy who's struggled to put chances away and thought Coke showed some very nice touches when he came on. Good to see N Thompson put in a solid performance also, alleviates my concerns about cover at that position somewhat.

Last 10 minutes classic Swindon, never make it easy.

Flashheart

« Reply #457 on: Wednesday, September 19, 2012, 07:16:09 »

Commentary did seem to say he (Collins) wasn't walking all that when he was taking off. But then they went on to say that he did not seem to be injured, contradicting themselves in the same sentence, so fuck knows.
Saxondale

Ignore
« Reply #458 on: Wednesday, September 19, 2012, 07:27:00 »

Not much to add to whats been said already.  Had a very enjoyable night of typical Swindon football.  Its not Swindon if we're not worrying. 

First time Ive been to Pompey.  Nice old fashioned ground.  But I hate instruments at football matches.  Bell, a fucking drum, a trumpet.  I was expecting some git to whip out a tuba next.  Mind you I suppose that would be good if a fat player was on the pitch.

Never knowingly overstated.
Benzel

Ignore
« Reply #459 on: Wednesday, September 19, 2012, 07:49:12 »

Is your cat making too much noise all the time?
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #460 on: Wednesday, September 19, 2012, 08:05:13 »

Anyone know how many Town fans made the trip? on their forum they says it was nearly 2,000 but I haven not seen a figure anywhere.

Thats a damn good turn out if true for a Tuesday game.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Saxondale

Ignore
« Reply #461 on: Wednesday, September 19, 2012, 08:21:02 »

It was a healthy turn out.  Dont know how many of us it was, but it caught them on the hop.  They werent expecting as many so we had to wait for extra tickets to be bought to the matchday portacabin.  Missed the first 5 minutes because of this.

Bloke in the burger van afterwards was saying we had bought the most there this season.  Mind you thats probably not a surprise.

Never knowingly overstated.
Bewster

We fucking love you Gumbo!

Ignore
« Reply #462 on: Wednesday, September 19, 2012, 08:25:29 »

Disappointed he didn't play Bostock  - seems a bit of a waste
FormerlyPlymRed

Ignore
« Reply #463 on: Wednesday, September 19, 2012, 08:31:10 »

Fuck me i feel horrific today.

It was a healthy turn out.  Dont know how many of us it was, but it caught them on the hop.  They werent expecting as many so we had to wait for extra tickets to be bought to the matchday portacabin.  Missed the first 5 minutes because of this.

Bloke in the burger van afterwards was saying we had bought the most there this season.  Mind you thats probably not a surprise.
Both stoke and pompey so far then who have been caught on the hop by how many we have taken away, looked a very good turnout last night
bassett boy

we will overcome

Ignore
« Reply #464 on: Wednesday, September 19, 2012, 08:31:46 »

Agree with much that has been stated Swindon Were great for 75-80 minutes then Pompey threw everything at us people mention the defence and i agree however the last line of defence is the keeper and Wes showed what a top goalie he is. Thought the turnout for us was really good for a tuesday night away
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 30 [31] 32 33 34 35   Go Up
Print
Jump to: