Pages: 1 ... 29 30 31 [32] 33 34 35   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Portsmouth Vs Swindon Town Official Matchday Thread  (Read 49482 times)
DRS

« Reply #465 on: Wednesday, September 19, 2012, 08:52:17 »

Disappointed he didn't play Bostock  - seems a bit of a waste
Seems to be the same as last season,i think bostock is a bit behind fitness wise
Abrahammer

A legitimate dude sighting

Ignore
« Reply #466 on: Wednesday, September 19, 2012, 08:58:36 »

That first 80 mins was superb, not overly concerned by the last 10 mins, Pompey were riding momentum.

Can't understand why Gary Roberts is in League 1, the guy looks a class above. His touch and close control stands out and you can tell he has a "football brain". He could tear a whole in this league when fully up to match speed.

Fratton Park was superb. Only criticism is after the game you get stuck in a log jam leaving the stand. This means you could get stuck near that mad Phil bloke with nowhere to escape to.  He was on full charge after the game and it was tough to endure.
Bathtime

Ignore
« Reply #467 on: Wednesday, September 19, 2012, 09:02:07 »

Great result and had it been old Swindon we would have drawn or lost in the final 10 mins. Well done Williams great to see him score.

Di Canio as usual not happy, so no change there....onward and upwards. COYR

Bathtime
ghanimah

Ignore
« Reply #468 on: Wednesday, September 19, 2012, 09:08:48 »

Only criticism is after the game you get stuck in a log jam leaving the stand. This means you could get stuck near that mad Phil bloke with nowhere to escape to.  He was on full charge after the game and it was tough to endure.

The mind boggles...

"We perform the duties of freemen; we must have the privileges of freemen ..."
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #469 on: Wednesday, September 19, 2012, 09:08:59 »

And what's with all this 'Williams goal drought' rubbish, as well?  (Not you, brocklesby.  Your post just reminded me.)  It's mid September!  When he starts scoring, he'll be away.  And it's not as if he hasn't been contributing in other ways as well.

He'll be the new Jan Aage.  Just when his doubters think he'll never get one, he'll score a beauty - and then unveil a new goal celebration which will become known as The Locomotive (as a nod towards Swindon's railway heritage).  And after this, he'll be unstoppable.  Like a runaway train.

I'm going to do some work now.

I need to know about Williams' goal celebration.  Someone - tell me he did The Locomotive.  Please.
Langers

Ignore
« Reply #470 on: Wednesday, September 19, 2012, 09:32:23 »

Very enjoyable game last night. We were brilliant in the first 80 minutes, should have been 5 up by half time. We let them back in towards the end but I have to say for most of the game they were terrible, some of there defending was comical.

I thought Thompson looked really good at RB, much more attacking threat and solid enough at the back. Still not convinced by Ward, good to see TAH back on the bench, hopefully he starts on Saturday.

Roberts looked awesome, he is going to rip this league a new arsehole. Williams was very good again, he always seems able to create something from nothing, took his goal brilliantly and can see him getting plenty more now.

Fair play to the Pompey fans, they never stopped backing their team but they can fuck off with the cunting instruments, just ruins the whole atmosphere. Very good turnout from Town fans considering it was a Tuesday.

Oh, and Ardiles, i'm fairly certain Williams didn't use the celebration.
random_five

Downton, Wiltshire

Ignore
« Reply #471 on: Wednesday, September 19, 2012, 10:02:37 »

1,400 Swindon fans according to O/S

Looked a lot more than that..
Gnasher

Prefers animals to people (in a non sexual way)

Ignore
« Reply #472 on: Wednesday, September 19, 2012, 10:04:03 »

http://www.portsmouth.co.uk/sport/pompey/pompey-past/appy-that-s-more-like-it-1-4275810

Appleton's thoughts on the game last night. Pompey's best performance of the season apparently!

...and Brian Howard

http://www.portsmouthfc.co.uk/LatestNews/news/Deja-Vu-For-Howard-3718.aspx

Are they on drugs?
« Last Edit: Wednesday, September 19, 2012, 10:08:41 by Gnasher » Logged

Cats are better than dogs FACT
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #473 on: Wednesday, September 19, 2012, 10:11:37 »

To be fair, how many of Portsmouth's other performances have you seen?
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #474 on: Wednesday, September 19, 2012, 10:13:03 »

Well the Town kicked on from a good performance last night to really smash Pompey.

The scoreline of 2-1 flattered Pompey and didnt do us justice....on pure chances it could of been 8-3!

We went to rat shit after we just stopped playing and the crowd lifted the Pompey players and i have to say i was nervous at the end.

Now lets give Bournemouth a right good kicking...we owe them fuckers.

Clems Army!
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #475 on: Wednesday, September 19, 2012, 10:17:23 »

Brian Howard:

'It was a fairly even first half. They had some good chances, but we also had opportunities on the break.

If we had gone in goalless at half-time it would have been fair and both sides would have looked to kick on in the second half.'

For bare faced cheek, that's good.
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #476 on: Wednesday, September 19, 2012, 10:21:05 »

It was Appletons thoughts!!!  I think he may of taken in a few games this season!

Clems Army!
london_red

Ignore
« Reply #477 on: Wednesday, September 19, 2012, 10:21:26 »

Yes Brian, that's why you gave your goalkeeper MOTM in a 2-1 defeat.

What chances they did have before that last 10 minutes did seem to all come from Howard feeding McLeod, who made me very glad we didn't end up signing him.
Gnasher

Prefers animals to people (in a non sexual way)

Ignore
« Reply #478 on: Wednesday, September 19, 2012, 10:21:57 »

I'm just putting it to those who went to say if they really deserved a point or not.

I guess they must have been pretty bad in the other games as it sounded totally one-sided up until the last 10 minutes.

Cats are better than dogs FACT
Flashheart

« Reply #479 on: Wednesday, September 19, 2012, 10:22:06 »

Pompey fans seem a tad confused at Voldemort's comments.
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 31 [32] 33 34 35   Go Up
Print
Jump to: