Pages: 1 ... 24 25 26 [27]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Carlisle Vs Swindon Town Official Matchday Thread  (Read 39613 times)
TheMajorSTFC

Ignore
« Reply #390 on: Monday, September 17, 2012, 22:02:23 »

For me, Devera is a better CB than Flint... but he's having to be a makeshift fullback. He's done nothing wrong out there, but a RB was more important than signing Bessone in my opinon.

I wouldn't be surprised to see us sign a RB over the next week or 2 on loan.

#VivaKenBarlow!
animalwilliams

Ignore
« Reply #391 on: Tuesday, September 18, 2012, 06:05:05 »

Everyone seems to be slagging off Carlisle for not delaying the kick off on Saturday. While I have a lot of sympathy for everyone who only saw half a match clubs also have to think of their own fans reaction to making this decision.
I was a steward at the County Ground during the 90's when Chris Kamara managed Bradford City, around 2pm news came through that their fans would be delayed by at least half an hour due to road problems. The club  decided to delay kick off until 3:30 to allow their fans the chance to see most of the game. Was that the correct decision? Not according to a large section of our fans, when the pa announcement was made loud boos came from all sections of the ground and stewards took abuse for the rest of the match.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #392 on: Tuesday, September 18, 2012, 06:13:42 »

Yesterday BBC radio stated it was the ref not the club that turned down the request.

And yes, of course delaying KO was the right thing to do v Bradford and should have been the right thing to do v Carlisle.
Paolo69

Ignore
« Reply #393 on: Tuesday, September 18, 2012, 07:49:00 »

Delayed kick off by half an hour and I and quite a few others would have been struggling to make our booked train.

Massive sympathy for those delayed but you can't always cater for everyone. I've been in the same position when trains have been delayed/cancelled but don't really expect them to move the kick off then. There is always the hope though.
Processed Beats

I drop beats from this processed meat.

Ignore
« Reply #394 on: Tuesday, September 18, 2012, 09:29:24 »

He definately played Hartlepool and Brighton as per Swindon-town-fc.co.uk but not against franchise as I thought.

Still he looked very impressive against Brighton

except for the two competitive games he started against Brighton and Hartlepool respectively

Bollocks, you are both right! Apologies.
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 26 [27]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: