Pages: 1 ... 23 24 25 [26] 27   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Carlisle Vs Swindon Town Official Matchday Thread  (Read 39612 times)
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #375 on: Monday, September 17, 2012, 08:51:49 »

Having watched the highlights they were 4 very good goals, Alan Mac very much at fault for the 2nd with his awful pass, might be time to give him a rest and bring in Troy who I think looks an incredible prospect at the back.

Wes was at fault for not stopping the long ranger from jervis though it looked like he got both hands onto it, but he did make 2 excellent saves after it so its swings and roundabouts and all that.

Bensons flick on leading up to his goal was class,  he took his goal really well as did Rooney who put in a great placed shot in the bottom corner.

It did look like we made a lot of good chances in the 2nd and really should have buried them but some days they go in and some they don't, at least we played proper football and not hoofball like last week.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Nijholts Nuts

Ignore
« Reply #376 on: Monday, September 17, 2012, 10:26:39 »

What sort of response was JPM given from our lot?

I only dream of Claire Sweeney
Power to people

Ignore
« Reply #377 on: Monday, September 17, 2012, 11:51:05 »

Is Wes' form though down to not really having any viable competition for his place surely any decent competiiton and he knows he has a fight for his place Bedwell is not in the same league as Wes at the moment so not a strong enough challegnge

I think Alan McC is probably suffering from a shaky defence over the last few weeks and is probably trying too hard and not having a settled partner does not help
Dirty Harry

Ignore
« Reply #378 on: Monday, September 17, 2012, 13:21:11 »

Been flat out all weekend and only got to catch glimpses of the game on the radio but Jake Jervis coming back to haunt us ! I quite liked him when he was here and wouldn't mind seeing him back here one day in the near future.
RedOx

Ignore
« Reply #379 on: Monday, September 17, 2012, 15:50:01 »

I thought Ward was awful on Saturday. I admit I have only seen him in two games (saturday and Oxford) but his positional play and reading of the game was poor, which results in him hugging their forwards and giving away free kicks. Think this is having an affect on Maccas play (trying too hard?) and the sooner Troy and/or flint are back in the side the better. Sorry if that sounds harsh, but not convinced by him at all.

Anyway, heard a rumour today that PDC threatened the players that if he saw anyone of them in town after the Orient game, that he would fine that £5K!
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #380 on: Monday, September 17, 2012, 17:25:09 »

Ward just looks a liability at times and forces others into mistakes.

Clems Army!
Dr Pierre Chang
ITK Curran lover

Ignore
« Reply #381 on: Monday, September 17, 2012, 17:30:43 »

I thought Ward was awful on Saturday. I admit I have only seen him in two games (saturday and Oxford) but his positional play and reading of the game was poor, which results in him hugging their forwards and giving away free kicks. Think this is having an affect on Maccas play (trying too hard?) and the sooner Troy and/or flint are back in the side the better. Sorry if that sounds harsh, but not convinced by him at all.
Easy to say get Flint back in the side but don't forget that he was garbage last week against Orient.

McCormack was superb last season but there was a reason he had to drop down to League 2 and that was because he was very poor at Charlton. I'm sure his form will improve but it is unfair to expect him to be one of the better defenders in League 1.
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #382 on: Monday, September 17, 2012, 17:34:36 »

judging by the highlights on the OS, we're not winning many headers.

is this a fair assessment?
Abrahammer

A legitimate dude sighting

Ignore
« Reply #383 on: Monday, September 17, 2012, 17:39:45 »

Based on performances this season it should be TAH +1 other.  If memory is correct we didn't start conceding until he got injured.
stfcinbmth

« Reply #384 on: Monday, September 17, 2012, 17:41:12 »

I would say McCormack and TAH will be the no1 pairing surely? If not that then shove McCormack into midfield and pair Flint with TAH
LucienSanchez

Is this hospital called St. Croc of Shit?!

Ignore
« Reply #385 on: Monday, September 17, 2012, 17:46:06 »

For me, Devera is a better CB than Flint... but he's having to be a makeshift fullback. He's done nothing wrong out there, but a RB was more important than signing Bessone in my opinon.

We made a promise we swore we'd always remember... no retreat, baby, no surrender
Processed Beats

I drop beats from this processed meat.

Ignore
« Reply #386 on: Monday, September 17, 2012, 17:51:14 »

Based on performances this season it should be TAH +1 other.  If memory is correct we didn't start conceding until he got injured.

Your memory can't be correct then because he hasn't played a competitive game for us yet!
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #387 on: Monday, September 17, 2012, 18:00:32 »

Your memory can't be correct then because he hasn't played a competitive game for us yet!
except for the two competitive games he started against Brighton and Hartlepool respectively

Abrahammer

A legitimate dude sighting

Ignore
« Reply #388 on: Monday, September 17, 2012, 18:01:50 »

He definately played Hartlepool and Brighton as per Swindon-town-fc.co.uk but not against franchise as I thought.

Still he looked very impressive against Brighton
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #389 on: Monday, September 17, 2012, 21:56:01 »

What sort of response was JPM given from our lot?

A few jokey boos every so often. He was applauded by Town fans when subbed off.
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 25 [26] 27   Go Up
Print
Jump to: