Pages: 1 ... 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Carlisle Vs Swindon Town Official Matchday Thread  (Read 40464 times)
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #345 on: Saturday, September 15, 2012, 20:09:00 »

What an awful day. We had a slow moving M6 for ages then hit the trouble at Junction 34, 2 hours to move 4 miles. Came off at Junction 35, some 60 miles from Carlisle at 2.50, my bladder could not hold out much longer and my arse felt like it had been rogered by an elephant. With at least an hour and a half if the traffic was kind from that point, we would have been lucky to see the last 15 minutes. We did a total of 414 miles and got as far as a sign for Morecambe Bay.

Been home in Swindon for an hour now and I really cant remember a worse day football travel wise than this, the only plus point is I planned to pay on the day so I saved £22 on a ticket, but the fuel could have been better used.

In the end I used my free minutes and phoned my daughters mobile in Swindon which was strategically placed near a radio tuned in to BBC Wilts, sounded dreadful but I could work out bits of it.

RIP to the person who died in the accident today

You're probably not the only one who didn't get there today. Sorry you didn't make it, must be infuriating.

Ignore
« Reply #346 on: Saturday, September 15, 2012, 20:11:33 »

Read tweets around 1pm about people being around j21 on the m6.didnlt have the heart to tell them to give up there and then. M6 is a terrible road
Shaw Rosso

Ignore
« Reply #347 on: Saturday, September 15, 2012, 20:15:28 »

Read tweets around 1pm about people being around j21 on the m6.didnlt have the heart to tell them to give up there and then. M6 is a terrible road

Could well have been me as you follow me, we were clinging on to the hope of a delayed kick off, and making the best of being out of the house for the day  Smiley

Ignore
« Reply #348 on: Saturday, September 15, 2012, 20:20:19 »

Could well have been me as you follow me, we were clinging on to the hope of a delayed kick off, and making the best of being out of the house for the day  Smiley
genuinely feel sorry for you and anyone else caught in it
Shaw Rosso

Ignore
« Reply #349 on: Saturday, September 15, 2012, 20:42:30 »

We passed a few fans on the way back so we was not alone.

From the wall of feedback I was getting through my rather unsophisticated Nokia E5 it sounded like Roberts played really well when he came on, hope this bodes well for the future.
Jackstfc

« Reply #350 on: Saturday, September 15, 2012, 21:03:02 »

And Carlisle will still charge them full price for getting in !!
Got there 10 mins before half time and was charged £11 (after asking tongue-in-cheek) so they can do it if they want !
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #351 on: Saturday, September 15, 2012, 21:42:51 »

Well that was crazy crazy crazy day.

Left swindon at 8am.

Saw the M6 was closed and came off and had to drag through Lancaster and then hit the lanes.

Got to Carlisle for 1:30 pm and hit the Rugby club.

Into the ground for 2:45 and sat amongst a smattering of fans.

Did the coaches ignore the M6 signs or was there another crash??

A crazy match followed.....WTF......I thought the goals we conceded were sloppy and thought the second went through Wes?Huh?

Rooneys daisy cutter was superb, I was right behind it and it swung away from the keepers grasp.

We really should if buried them in the second half and the keeper had a blinder.

So....the rot has stopped....onwards!

Carlisle ticked off.....and I won't be going there again.....nice people and good old fashioned ground though.

Clems Army!
Notts red

Ignore
« Reply #352 on: Saturday, September 15, 2012, 21:46:26 »

Been out all day so just caught up with thread. Couldn't listen to game but sounds like from posts we were much better today. Feel sorry for those who got stuck in the bad accident tail backs and well done to those who made Carlisle. Think we will now be looking for at least another point at Pompey which should feel like next door for those who made today's trip from Swindon or further.
Notts red

Ignore
« Reply #353 on: Saturday, September 15, 2012, 21:49:57 »

" Smattering" I like this word  Smiley
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #354 on: Saturday, September 15, 2012, 21:52:47 »

Yet again, I'm struggling with Di Canio's post match interview...

Help us out NMH!

P.S. I got the bit about the 'crappy goals'.
Sorry. Had to go out.

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
TheMajorSTFC

Ignore
« Reply #355 on: Sunday, September 16, 2012, 00:03:38 »

Just seen the goals on FL show....great finishes by Rooney and Benson, I'm not having a go here at all but do people think Wes could have done better with their 2nd from distance, I presume he's seen it quite late and didn't react?
« Last Edit: Sunday, September 16, 2012, 00:17:38 by TheMajorSTFC » Logged

#VivaKenBarlow!
millom red

Ignore
« Reply #356 on: Sunday, September 16, 2012, 04:40:38 »

That's a decent point.  We appear to have stopped the rot, we scored a couple, and the Manager kept his wig on after the game.  All small steps, but all in the right direction.  Pompey seem to be there for the taking on Tuesday, so we'll probably screw that one up...but at least there's something to aim for.

Impressive little run Oxford seem to be on in the League now as well.  WWWLLL...Christmas has come early this year.

Like....soapy tit wank

f it dont need fixing....dont fuckin break it

Await The Day
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #357 on: Sunday, September 16, 2012, 07:33:56 »

do people think Wes could have done better with their 2nd from distance, I presume he's seen it quite late and didn't react?

Yes he could have, but I reckon he saw it late too. I think McComack may have been in the way of line of sight. The shot was well enough struck to give him not much time to recover.
donkey
Cheers!

He headed a football.

Ignore
« Reply #358 on: Sunday, September 16, 2012, 07:55:24 »

Yes he could have, but I reckon he saw it late too. I think McComack may have been in the way of line of sight. The shot was well enough struck to give him not much time to recover.

I hope and expect that to be the case. Wes is too good a keeper to fuck up like that. Last week I had the same.  Apparently me saying shit just before they scored, as a centre back was in my way, wasn't what my defenders wanted to hear.

donkey tells the truth

I headed the ball.

eeeeeeeeeeeeeee-aaaaaaaawwwwwww
Dozno9

« Reply #359 on: Sunday, September 16, 2012, 08:00:42 »

Comedy defending for their first with 2 centre backs all over the place.

Cracking finish from Rooney, swap with Williams on the wing and those 2 could do well although with Roberts back
the fight will start with the strikers now. I wouldn't want to choose the top 2 at the moment although for me it's Benson +1.

« Last Edit: Sunday, September 16, 2012, 08:22:42 by Azza » Logged
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27   Go Up
Print
Jump to: