Pages: 1 ... 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 23   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon V Orient Official Matchday Thread.  (Read 34955 times)
Notts red

Ignore
« Reply #270 on: Saturday, September 8, 2012, 22:29:08 »

Refs are always a little bit more shit when you are losing. Didn't hear any boos at half time just a few groans but plenty of boos at the end from all three stands which really pisses me off. Agree about the hoofball and can only assume Paolo has adopted a more direct tactic now Collins and Williams have come in. Orient work harder than us but we certainly didn't help ourselves today with a pretty dire team proformance. We won't be picking up as many points as expected playing hoofball and need to realise we're not the big boys of Div one and will need to earn points and not just expect them.
STFC4LIFE
Fence Fucker

Ignore
« Reply #271 on: Saturday, September 8, 2012, 22:31:13 »

I'm not that worried if I'm honest, yes we have lost 3 games in a row but I would never get on Di Canio's back.
Is this week the first week without a midweek game? If so 2 games a week after a tought pre season is going to be hard work.
We did the same last season, lost 4 games in a row and everyone began to panic. Paolo knows what he is doing, we have a very strong squad and he will get us out this league.
Huwwy

"The world is my lobster"

Ignore
« Reply #272 on: Saturday, September 8, 2012, 22:51:32 »

How long do we give Herthab?  Hmmm
« Last Edit: Saturday, September 8, 2012, 22:54:29 by Huwwy » Logged
Notts red

Ignore
« Reply #273 on: Saturday, September 8, 2012, 22:57:16 »

How long do we give Herthab?  Hmmm
One strike and your out needs to be considered, a pretty horrendous debut buts it's a tougher ask this season so no room for sympathy.
@MacPhlea

Ignore
« Reply #274 on: Saturday, September 8, 2012, 23:15:17 »

Sorry guys, my fault for not being there today... Not been to a game where we have lost all season and today was only because I had to be a wedding photographer... Can I get nominated to start the next OMDT?...
Notts red

Ignore
« Reply #275 on: Saturday, September 8, 2012, 23:18:35 »

Sorry guys, my fault for not being there today... Not been to a game where we have lost all season and today was only because I had to be a wedding photographer... Can I get nominated to start the next OMDT?...
I Nominate MacPhlea. There you go I've done my bit.
« Last Edit: Saturday, September 8, 2012, 23:20:28 by Notts red » Logged
Huwwy

"The world is my lobster"

Ignore
« Reply #276 on: Saturday, September 8, 2012, 23:26:06 »

Depends on how many photos of the bridesmaids 'getting ready' you post.
Notts red

Ignore
« Reply #277 on: Saturday, September 8, 2012, 23:33:26 »

Whilst your living it up at weddings hope you chained up your mower, Paolo took a fancy to it the other week.
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #278 on: Saturday, September 8, 2012, 23:58:45 »

JJ has served papers on me for lending him my season ticket as I was at Lady GaGa.

This thread makes painful reading.......fucking hell we need to get our act together and quick!

Clems Army!
Joycie

Ignore
« Reply #279 on: Sunday, September 9, 2012, 01:16:18 »

Swindon are shit.

soapy tit wank.
SuggWillSugg MBE

Ignore
« Reply #280 on: Sunday, September 9, 2012, 03:31:21 »

I Nominate MacPhlea. There you go I've done my bit.

Fuck that, I plan on being back and back on form next week.

THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #281 on: Sunday, September 9, 2012, 07:26:16 »

Victor Mildew told me:

Wednesday night and times it by ten......jeesh!

Clems Army!
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #282 on: Sunday, September 9, 2012, 09:09:43 »

just watched the highlights from the FLS.

difficult to make any confident judgments but we look shocking at the back, totally all over the place. going forward we still look ok but lack any cutting edge and Rooney's attempt was pathetic, as was Devera's strike near the end.

i'm going to bury my head in the sand and think back to our poor spell last august and september where we lost 6 out of the first 11 matches.
SleafordRobin

Ignore
« Reply #283 on: Sunday, September 9, 2012, 09:51:36 »

Didn't get back til late last night, it's a hell of a long trip home when we lose in that fashion!

I think most things have been said already, and I agree with most.  I was bemused with our long ball tactics & felt Orient could deal with us all day, Richie spent too much time at RB because Devera was sucked in the middle, but still remained the only player imo who was likely to salvage anything for us.

We can blame the performance on loads of things, tactics, subs, ref, player fear, whatever, but for me it's a stark reality check.  We have come down to earth with an almighty bump after the Stoke game, but we'll come back stronger.  L1 is stronger than L2, we got out of L2 by playing football, we'll get out of L1 by playing better football, we have the squad & the manager to do this & we'll learn from what has been a horrible week.

I'm still upbeat, if a little tired and miserable following the journey yesterday, PDC will have to get us playing again, to our strengths. We're a very good team in this league, but we still have to perform week in week out, there will be no easy games.

Finally, I'd like to see McEverley back & give Thompson a go at RB.
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #284 on: Sunday, September 9, 2012, 10:05:43 »

Didn't get back til late last night, it's a hell of a long trip home when we lose in that fashion!

Couldn't agree more. That was really not worth the time, effort and money that go into making a 300+ mile round trip to see your team play. They didn't do one single thing right all afternoon and as has been said, could have played until Monday and would not have scored.

I can't remember the last time I was so gutted after a game.

Fair play to Orient though, they deserved the win.
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 23   Go Up
Print
Jump to: