Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The Good Country Pub Food Guide...  (Read 9831 times)
Chubbs

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: Sunday, September 9, 2012, 17:21:37 »

i
Been there a few times, used to take a detour coming back down the fosse way on a Sunday for lunch.
if you ever overheard a drunk Scotsman in there that would be my father-in-law (to be)
Notts red

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: Sunday, September 9, 2012, 19:17:47 »

I remember a high profile MP used to live in or very near the village. Luckington was often crawling with police/ firearm units and used to stop anyone looking lost or suspicious. Not a good pub to think about drinking and driving. Haven't been there for a while now but glad its still being recommend.
Chubbs

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: Monday, September 10, 2012, 12:33:20 »

I remember a high profile MP used to live in or very near the village. Luckington was often crawling with police/ firearm units and used to stop anyone looking lost or suspicious. Not a good pub to think about drinking and driving. Haven't been there for a while now but glad its still being recommend.
All the land is owned by the Duke of Beaufort , and i believe a member of the Royal Family has a house very near by. Not to mention Sheila Hancock (Widow of John Thaw) lives there too.
ghanimah

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: Monday, September 10, 2012, 17:09:54 »

The Old Royal Ship in Luckington, (if anyone knows where that it i'd be pleasantly surprised.)
Really homely and great food.

I do indeed, if only I'm sad to say, 'cos Mrs Ghanimah, wanted to see the Bennet family's location for BBC adaptation of Pride & Prejudice. So we stopped off for lunch

"We perform the duties of freemen; we must have the privileges of freemen ..."
Notts red

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: Monday, September 10, 2012, 17:16:21 »

Wasn't there a big fire in Luckington on Friday? Some manor house belonging to a sheik.
Chubbs

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: Monday, September 10, 2012, 18:40:19 »

Wasn't there a big fire in Luckington on Friday? Some manor house belonging to a sheik.
yup, filled the whole of the in laws garden with smoke, was a big one thats for sure.
Anteater

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: Monday, September 10, 2012, 18:56:48 »

The Barge at Honeystreet.
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: