Pages: 1 ... 39 40 41 [42] 43   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Oxford Vs Swindon Official Matchday Thread  (Read 64450 times)
Red Scot

Ignore
« Reply #615 on: Friday, September 7, 2012, 22:17:40 »

Oxford are like Scotland - all they care about is their big neighbour - and that's why they will always be bitter twisted twats who never win anything

As a Scot, I feel the need to take at least mild offence at this. Although I will admit a worrying amount of people (who tend to be nationalists) have a massive inferiority complex.
Spud

« Reply #616 on: Friday, September 7, 2012, 23:08:11 »

To be fair to OF, I'd have probably done the same if I was in his position.

But then again, I wouldn't register on a rivals forum in the first place. Each to their own and all that.
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #617 on: Friday, September 7, 2012, 23:56:19 »

Apparently its wrong i live in Oxon and support Swindon and i should watch my back.

Fuck off you cavemen cunts.
Spud

« Reply #618 on: Saturday, September 8, 2012, 00:32:52 »

Apparently its wrong i live in Oxon and support Swindon and i should watch my back.

Fuck off you cavemen cunts.

Hahaha! Who's said that?

Just when you thought that they couldn't get any lower. They seem to pride themselves on acting like a Danny Dyer documentary. NAWTY!
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #619 on: Saturday, September 8, 2012, 06:39:13 »

As a Scot, I feel the need to take at least mild offence at this. Although I will admit a worrying amount of people (who tend to be nationalists) have a massive inferiority complex.

Its only a complex if it is unfounded Wink
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #620 on: Saturday, September 8, 2012, 08:41:16 »

Hahaha! Who's said that?

Just when you thought that they couldn't get any lower. They seem to pride themselves on acting like a Danny Dyer documentary. NAWTY!

Someone who felt the need to facebook message me and tell me that
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #621 on: Saturday, September 8, 2012, 08:55:02 »

Fair play to the Oxford bloke giving it some. I think a fair number of Town fans can be a bit hypocritical at times, find that approach quite boring to be honest, Suddenly the JPT is back to being a 'pisspot cup' just because we've been knocked out. Bit pathetic really.

Fair play to Oxford and I agree there is a slight similarity between the Oxford and Scotland approach, not because they 'only' care about beating their bigger neighbour (as I disagree with that comment) but because they always seem to put in more in derbies, they have a better mental approach to derby matches. I hate watching Swindon v Oxford matches as more often than not the opposition lads seem to raise their game, it seems to mean more to them than us.

Being honest a fair few Swindon fans do seem to have illusions of grandeur at times, we could do with knocking ourselves down a peg or two, the arrogance of some is not a welcome trait of a Town fan.  On one hand people bang on about hating it when Premier League teams belittle supporters of teams in lower divisions, yet we do exactly the same with clubs that are deemed to be inferior to us.

Perhaps it's an age thing, but with every passing year my approach to being a football supporter changes.

ghanimah

Ignore
« Reply #622 on: Saturday, September 8, 2012, 09:01:35 »

Fair play to the Oxford bloke giving it some. I think a fair number of Town fans can be a bit hypocritical at times, find that approach quite boring to be honest, Suddenly the JPT is back to being a 'pisspot cup' just because we've been knocked out. Bit pathetic really.

Fair play to Oxford and I agree there is a slight similarity between the Oxford and Scotland approach, not because they 'only' care about beating their bigger neighbour (as I disagree with that comment) but because they always seem to put in more in derbies, they have a better mental approach to derby matches. I hate watching Swindon v Oxford matches as more often than not the opposition lads seem to raise their game, it seems to mean more to them than us.

Being honest a fair few Swindon fans do seem to have illusions of grandeur at times, we could do with knocking ourselves down a peg or two, the arrogance of some is not a welcome trait of a Town fan.  On one hand people bang on about hating it when Premier League teams belittle supporters of teams in lower divisions, yet we do exactly the same with clubs that are deemed to be inferior to us.

Perhaps it's an age thing, but with every passing year my approach to being a football supporter changes.

I don't think we're belittling Oxford because they're in a lower league, but just because they're Oxford - the lower league thing is simply another stick to beat them with. That's different...

"We perform the duties of freemen; we must have the privileges of freemen ..."
Notts red

Ignore
« Reply #623 on: Tuesday, September 11, 2012, 10:34:48 »

I see Jim Rosenthal has resigned as director of Oxford with immediate effect. " I will continue to support home and away but will make no further comment at this stage"
Flashheart

« Reply #624 on: Tuesday, September 11, 2012, 10:37:07 »

That 37m debt must have been too much for him.
Notts red

Ignore
« Reply #625 on: Tuesday, September 11, 2012, 10:39:48 »

The club are also refusing to comment so looks like it was out of the blue.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #626 on: Tuesday, September 11, 2012, 10:41:36 »

Jeremy Wray's been taking the piss out of him on BBM and it's all got too much for him so he's quit. His actual resignation speech was "It so is NOT a tinpot fucking cup and anyway it's only 35m and we don't even want a fourth fucking stand so just FUCK OFF AND LEAVE ME ALONE"
DMR

« Reply #627 on: Tuesday, September 11, 2012, 13:51:37 »

Close the forum. Won't ever get more sense than this.

As I keep saying, all the cunts on here who profess to not care that Oxford keep beating us are lying, or missing the point completely.
Saxondale

Ignore
« Reply #628 on: Tuesday, September 11, 2012, 14:03:26 »

Fuck sake DMR you can't half be a sanctimonious up yourself twat at times. You know what, not everyone has to feel the same way as you. I'm pissed of if we lose to anyone 4 times in a row. Not happy that it's Oxford but may be as pissed off if it was orient or Hartlepool or anyone else. What point exactly am I or anyone else missing?

Never knowingly overstated.
DMR

« Reply #629 on: Tuesday, September 11, 2012, 14:06:27 »

Oh dear.

If you read my post, it is levelled at those who profess NOT to care.

You have just said you do.

Move along and perhaps get your eyes tested.
Pages: 1 ... 39 40 41 [42] 43   Go Up
Print
Jump to: