Pages: 1 ... 38 39 40 [41] 42 43   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Oxford Vs Swindon Official Matchday Thread  (Read 64802 times)
Coca Fola

« Reply #600 on: Friday, September 7, 2012, 11:34:05 »

Named the club after 1 player? Let's be Swindon Archibald-Henville FC.
kerry red

« Reply #601 on: Friday, September 7, 2012, 11:35:54 »

Now there's a theme that needs its own thread.

Swindon Hazard
nevillew
Tripping the light puntastic

Ignore
« Reply #602 on: Friday, September 7, 2012, 11:36:40 »

Named the club after 1 player? Let's be Swindon Archibald-Henville FC.

No need,we've already been renamed by all television stations as 'Paolo Di Canio's Swindon Town'

Paolo Di Canio, it's Paolo Di Canio
Coca Fola

« Reply #603 on: Friday, September 7, 2012, 11:42:36 »

If only Stefan Kuntz had signed for Oxford.
walcot red

Ignore
« Reply #604 on: Friday, September 7, 2012, 11:43:15 »

Gnasher

Prefers animals to people (in a non sexual way)

Ignore
« Reply #605 on: Friday, September 7, 2012, 11:49:50 »

Indeed.

Perhaps Goodwillie will join Brighton.

Cats are better than dogs FACT
Coca Fola

« Reply #606 on: Friday, September 7, 2012, 12:11:29 »

Clap
mystical_goat

Ignore
« Reply #607 on: Friday, September 7, 2012, 17:23:39 »

Let's get some facts straight.

1. The game didn't matter - only the result did

2. I agree we do have a bit of a superiority complex - rightly earned I believe - at the moment. Mind you, your club seems to have an ingrained inferiority complex when it comes to this fixture.

When you won at our place early last season when we weren't at our best, to be fair you played some decent football.

Yet, when it came to the return fixture and again Wednesday your inferiority complex came to the fore with 10 men behind the ball, no attacking threat and a reasonable imitation of the old Wimbledon.

Yes, that has now worked twice and fair play for that, but if you harbour ambitions of promotion this year, that sort of shit-scared hoofball against teams of a higher division will soon see you back in the basement.

Your annual implosion last season was I believe in no small part due to the build up the fixture at the Kassam - and in hindsight I'm sure most fans on here would welcome defeat if it scuppered your season.

On a personal note, I am so happy Mr Wilder seems set to stay as captain of the SS Pisspot - you'll get nowhere with that twat.

Dear oh dear kerry, you're only making it worse.

1. Obviously, I couldn't give 2 shits about the JPT.

It's not poosible to feel inferior when you've been superior in the last 4 meetings. You know what they say, "you're only as good as your last (4) result(s)."

I too am glad Wilder is staying. He talks pure sense and is adept at assembling a solid squad capable of a title challenge, on a budget, unlike some other managers. His sides play good football.

We don't play hoofball and injuries did us in last season.

Anyway, that's my last post on this. I'm not normally on a wind up and the result speaks for itself.
kerry red

« Reply #608 on: Friday, September 7, 2012, 17:26:08 »

But what you dont understand is that it's NOT just the last 4 results against Swindon - for you it's all the OTHER results that has you becalmed in the bargain basement.

Long may it continue

I care more about my team and it's place in the scheme of things than any result against Oxford.

Short term pissed off-edness against long term advancement
« Last Edit: Friday, September 7, 2012, 17:32:17 by kerry red » Logged
Dozno9

« Reply #609 on: Friday, September 7, 2012, 17:49:13 »

As that was your last post I'll post as I know you won't be able to respond  Smiley

He talks pure sense and is adept at assembling a solid squad capable of a title challenge, on a budget, unlike some other managers. His sides play good football.

Absolute horseshit, he's had one promotion in 10 years of management, via the playoffs.  This is your third year in the bottom tier with both having mid table finishes and you say he builds squads capable of a title challenge, you've not even made the playoffs with him in charge in that division.

Christ, I needed sunglasses on Wednesday following the ball from your lot, the floodlights kept blinding me from looking up at the ball. The grass was up to players ankles and you have rugby played on it. Not conducive to having conditions suitable for free flowing passing football.

Anyway whilst we're on excuses and injuries you say he builds a good squad, well injuries to your team shouldn't really be an excuse then, it's a squad game.
« Last Edit: Friday, September 7, 2012, 18:03:39 by Azza » Logged
DRS

« Reply #610 on: Friday, September 7, 2012, 18:08:04 »

Am i pissed off - Yes
Do you have braging rights - Yes
Would you swap positions- Yes

Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #611 on: Friday, September 7, 2012, 18:11:06 »

It's not poosible to feel inferior when you've been superior in the last 4 meetings. You know what they say, "you're only as good as your last (4) result(s).

If only Wilder could get the team as motivated when you play the other teams in the league. Well I'm delighted he can't to be honest.
Gnasher

Prefers animals to people (in a non sexual way)

Ignore
« Reply #612 on: Friday, September 7, 2012, 18:15:34 »

Dear oh dear kerry, you're only making it worse.

1. Obviously, I couldn't give 2 shits about the JPT.

It's not poosible to feel inferior when you've been superior in the last 4 meetings. You know what they say, "you're only as good as your last (4) result(s)."

I too am glad Wilder is staying. He talks pure sense and is adept at assembling a solid squad capable of a title challenge, on a budget, unlike some other managers. His sides play good football.

Anyway, that's my last post on this. I'm not normally on a wind up and the result speaks for itself.

Can't argue with most of what you say, but having been to the three recent games I am sorry to confirm that you do play hoofball.

Cats are better than dogs FACT
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #613 on: Friday, September 7, 2012, 18:31:33 »

I was quite happy for OF to have his moment. I thought his post was fair play. The bit about pompous Ardiles was class.
Not that Nice If I'm Honest

Ignore
« Reply #614 on: Friday, September 7, 2012, 22:04:18 »

But what you dont understand is that it's NOT just the last 4 results against Swindon - for you it's all the OTHER results that has you becalmed in the bargain basement.

Long may it continue

Oxford are like Scotland - all they care about is their big neighbour - and that's why they will always be bitter twisted twats who never win anything
(except during short periods when success is funded at the expense of pensioners)
Pages: 1 ... 38 39 40 [41] 42 43   Go Up
Print
Jump to: