Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: preseason friendlies  (Read 1205 times)
STFCere

Ignore
« on: Friday, July 29, 2005, 14:50:31 »

i guess king's logic at playing only non league teams is because he expects them to compete more than say a chelsea 3rd XI who are told to hold back etc. So, by this logic his tactic seems plausible. However, im seriously worried that none of the players have had experience of playing against better players with more of a football brain, and perhaps more athleticism. Balancing the 2 arguments, i think hes taken the wrong approach to preseason. thoughts?

ing on Sabin: "He's the new Thierry Henry"

Gazza on life in China: "I'm enjoying every day. I've tried everything: duck's head, chicken's head, chicken's feet and bats and hopefully, if I keep that up, I'll be flying."

'The first 90 minutes are the most important.' - Bobby Robson
Kinky Tom
Snow Master Sandwich King.

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Friday, July 29, 2005, 14:56:17 »

He didn't take the wrong approach, other circumstances have unfortunately dictated who we play in pre-season.  We did hace Charlton and Reading lined up, but because of Elton they were cancelled.  Both of these would have played near full strength teams so would have been a good test.

King did try to arrange a friendly this weekend with league opposition, but alas was not successfull.
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Friday, July 29, 2005, 19:28:48 »

It wasn't his choice, as Tom says we had to cancel two games because of the Elton concert.
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Friday, July 29, 2005, 19:37:13 »

Is Millwall's game v Iran tomorrow going ahead?  If not, why are we not playing them?
yeo

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Friday, July 29, 2005, 19:37:47 »

Milwall or Iran?

/
W56196272
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Friday, July 29, 2005, 19:38:28 »

Well yeah, whoever!!!!
DiV