Pages: 1 ... 14 15 16 [17] 18 19   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town Vs Franchise Official Matchday Thread  (Read 36415 times)
joteddyred

Ignore
« Reply #240 on: Sunday, August 26, 2012, 09:37:35 »

OST - I kind of saw this coming if Collins and Williams didn't start finding the back of the net and getting goals to their name.

I don't honestly give a flying fuck if they don't score all season if we keep winning games, they keep playing well, working their bollocks off and we're getting the goals from the midfield.

Only thing I worry about though is spackers that like getting on there backs and a lack of goals denting their confidence.

From the other side of the coin, I did say to my dad on the way home yesterday, if Connell had missed chances like Williams had, rightly or wrongly he would have dropped him.  I hope we're not going to see that sort of thing happen with Williams, but for some reason I think there was a bit more than met the eye with the Connell situation.

In terms of the support, I sit in the Arkells and the drums have completely spoilt the atmosphere in the last 2 games.  Even when the Town End and DRS have been singing the incessant banging has overshadowed it.  If a drum is going to become the norm for away support, the club seriously needs to think about banning them.  
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #241 on: Sunday, August 26, 2012, 09:42:19 »

I like drums...you cant beat them Embarrassed

I think even if i were an MK fan yesterday i would have been tempted to murder the beating drummer.
herthab
TEF Travel

Ignore
« Reply #242 on: Sunday, August 26, 2012, 09:54:49 »

My view is that connell was off loaded because he's not good enough for league one. Pure and simple.

It's All Good..............
ghanimah

Ignore
« Reply #243 on: Sunday, August 26, 2012, 09:58:36 »

Remind me again why everybody should be allowed an opinion!

Because you should never stop people from having the opportunity to make a complete idiot of themselves...

"We perform the duties of freemen; we must have the privileges of freemen ..."
Frigby Daser

Ignore
« Reply #244 on: Sunday, August 26, 2012, 09:59:53 »

At least we can look forward to some decent away support this year, without drums....Pompey especially should provide a good atmosphere....but then there is the bell...
dporter

Ignore
« Reply #245 on: Sunday, August 26, 2012, 10:22:10 »

If a drum is going to become the norm for away support, the club seriously needs to think about banning them. 

This. Even sitting in the Town End with all the singing the bloody drums can still be heard. Looking forward to being an away fan next weekend just to not have to hear a drum!
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #246 on: Sunday, August 26, 2012, 10:23:06 »

The sperm that should have been swallowed.
Benzel

Ignore
« Reply #247 on: Sunday, August 26, 2012, 10:23:43 »

My view is that connell was off loaded because he's not good enough for league one. Pure and simple.

Agreed. Williams brings so much more to the table.

Is your cat making too much noise all the time?
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #248 on: Sunday, August 26, 2012, 10:46:29 »

I agree. Still think he was harshly treated last year mind.
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #249 on: Sunday, August 26, 2012, 11:07:39 »

This. Even sitting in the Town End with all the singing the bloody drums can still be heard. Looking forward to being an away fan next weekend just to not have to hear a drum!

I think they have a drum, certainly from the videos I've seen.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #250 on: Sunday, August 26, 2012, 11:33:24 »

Spot on.

Williams does put in more of a shift and has bags of pace to go with it.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #251 on: Sunday, August 26, 2012, 11:41:35 »

I think they have a drum, certainly from the videos I've seen.

I think we should start retaliating with obscure instruments. If your entire section of the TE could pitch up with Ukeleles, that would entertain me significantly.
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #252 on: Sunday, August 26, 2012, 11:56:49 »

I'll bring my didgeridoo
Summerof69

Ignore
« Reply #253 on: Sunday, August 26, 2012, 13:01:32 »

I did notice yesterday that musical instruments are banned, unless you write to the club in advance for permission.

They should just ban them...end of.

BAZINGA !!

Join the Red Army Fund and donate at www.redarmyfund.co.uk

Join the Football Supporters Federation for FREE at www.fsf.org.uk/join.php
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #254 on: Sunday, August 26, 2012, 13:16:41 »

I think we should start retaliating with obscure instruments. If your entire section of the TE could pitch up with Ukeleles, that would entertain me significantly.

The threat of vuvuzelas at the corresponding away fixture should do it.

Crawley and Franchise: two of the most plastic 'clubs' in existence.  The drumming should come as no surprise really.
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 16 [17] 18 19   Go Up
Print
Jump to: