Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 ... 19   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town Vs Franchise Official Matchday Thread  (Read 36416 times)
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #45 on: Saturday, August 25, 2012, 11:17:17 »

There's a debate to be had there, certainly, and I understand your argument.  The play off semi scenario you mention would certainly cause a bit of a headache.  But on some things, I think you have to take a stand and then stick with your decision.  For me, the theft of the League place and the parachuting of a new club in to the upper echelons of the League structure runs counter to the promotion/relegation principle that underpins the whole of English football.  It was wrong in 2003 and it's wrong now.  I'm never going to compromise on that.

Don't get me wrong.  I 'get' the other argument and I certainly don't resent any of our fans for following it.  I'd even go so far as to recognise that my hard line on this puts me in a minority.  But that's the way I feel.  Franchise FC is a fucking abomination.  And for anyone who asks me or anyone else to forget or to 'move on', I would simply ask them to recognise that next time it could be us.
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #46 on: Saturday, August 25, 2012, 11:17:48 »

3-0 Town

Benson hat-trick
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #47 on: Saturday, August 25, 2012, 11:34:41 »

A little more dislike of us here.....

http://www.concreteroundabout.co.uk/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=4929&start=10

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
kerry red

« Reply #48 on: Saturday, August 25, 2012, 11:40:47 »

Not sure it's not even dislike - more nerdy-twat talk
Peter Venkman

« Reply #49 on: Saturday, August 25, 2012, 11:46:37 »

Its certainly not a hatred as such but could just be a knee jerk reacton to our comments, tit for twat as it were.

kerry red

« Reply #50 on: Saturday, August 25, 2012, 11:48:52 »

Understandable I suppose for a club with zero history
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #51 on: Saturday, August 25, 2012, 11:55:17 »

There's a debate to be had there, certainly, and I understand your argument.  The play off semi scenario you mention would certainly cause a bit of a headache.  But on some things, I think you have to take a stand and then stick with your decision.  For me, the theft of the League place and the parachuting of a new club in to the upper echelons of the League structure runs counter to the promotion/relegation principle that underpins the whole of English football.  It was wrong in 2003 and it's wrong now.  I'm never going to compromise on that.

Don't get me wrong.  I 'get' the other argument and I certainly don't resent any of our fans for following it.  I'd even go so far as to recognise that my hard line on this puts me in a minority.  But that's the way I feel.  Franchise FC is a fucking abomination.  And for anyone who asks me or anyone else to forget or to 'move on', I would simply ask them to recognise that next time it could be us.
Personally, I've never really been one for doing things 'out of principal'. My attitude is, 'if I take a particular course of action, will it make a difference?' I would prefer not to shop at Tescos, fly with BA, eat at McDonalds or Burger King (in principal I should be a vegetarian) but it takes so much effort not to and ultimately makes no difference. I gave up having principals some time ago and frankly, I'm glad I did. It makes life much, much easier.

There will be those who would say I'm a lazy, complacent bastard but to be honest, I couldn't be fucked to argue with them Cool
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #52 on: Saturday, August 25, 2012, 11:56:05 »

Heh! heh!

nerdy twat talk.

Certainly none of that on here Cool
Flashheart

« Reply #53 on: Saturday, August 25, 2012, 11:56:37 »

They were shit the year they went down, all of a sudden a few thousand have come out of the woodwork to support them

I don't understand this.
Peter Venkman

« Reply #54 on: Saturday, August 25, 2012, 11:58:53 »

I don't understand this.
yeah I don't really get that either, we had a crowd of almost 8.5k against them last time and probably a similar size crowd this time too.

Dozno9

« Reply #55 on: Saturday, August 25, 2012, 11:58:54 »

There will no doubt be an appearance of a drum in the away end today.

3-1 with a late consolation for them.

I hope Williams scores.

Peter Venkman

« Reply #56 on: Saturday, August 25, 2012, 12:01:01 »

There will no doubt be an appearance of a drum in the away end today.
There often is with the Clubs Nouveau, ala MKD and Creepy etc.

Swindon Please Win

Ignore
« Reply #57 on: Saturday, August 25, 2012, 12:22:16 »

Going to be a tight game, can see it being 1-0 Town. Collins 90th minute winner.
digby

Ignore
« Reply #58 on: Saturday, August 25, 2012, 12:46:09 »

Whenever talk of Franchise FC comes up and people 'never setting foot in their ground', I always have to make the following point...

Whilst I have no more time for Franchise than any other self-respecting fan, there is nothing more important to me than the success of my own team. This is why I would go, and have been (just the once) to MK.

To me, the best way of hurting them is to beat them. By going and supporting your team, you are helping to increase the chances of that happening (I'm sure no one would disagree that teams play better when well supported).

What you are advocating is that no one turns up and supports our team - Swindon Town - this is anathema to me. Would you not even go to a play off semi-final at MK? Presumably not. For me though, the desire for my team to succeed far out-weighs my desire to see the failure of any other team, however much I might dislike them.

Two ways of looking at the same thing really.

Good post, I think you summed it up well, BUT.......... must admit I'm with the other two - will NEVER give a single penny to those club-stealin Franchise scum !!  (just hope we don't get 'em in the play-offs  !!
Peter Venkman

« Reply #59 on: Saturday, August 25, 2012, 13:01:12 »

Same team as Tuesday.

Foderingham; Devera, Flint, McCormack, McEveley; Ritchie, Miller, Ferry, De Vita; Collins, Williams
Subs Bedwell, Navarro, Risser, Storey, Thompson, Smith, Rooney
« Last Edit: Saturday, August 25, 2012, 13:04:20 by JJEdmunds » Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 ... 19   Go Up
Print
Jump to: