Pages: 1 ... 15 16 17 [18] 19   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town Vs Franchise Official Matchday Thread  (Read 35636 times)
Shaw Rosso

Ignore
« Reply #255 on: Sunday, August 26, 2012, 13:43:55 »

The threat of vuvuzelas at the corresponding away fixture should do it.

Crawley and Franchise: two of the most plastic 'clubs' in existence.  The drumming should come as no surprise really.

This really is worth some consideration
dporter

Ignore
« Reply #256 on: Sunday, August 26, 2012, 14:22:39 »

I think they have a drum, certainly from the videos I've seen.

Noooo! You've got to be kidding me!!
Posh Red
Posh by name, Posh by nature

Ignore
« Reply #257 on: Sunday, August 26, 2012, 14:25:28 »

My view is that connell was off loaded because he's not good enough for league one. Pure and simple.

I agree. Still think he was harshly treated last year mind.

And it looks like it happening again at Bradford, starts the first game & they are a goal down when he gets substituted, and the guy that comes on scores the equaliser. Has been sub for the next two games, which they have won comfortably. 
chubbslovesbeer

Ignore
« Reply #258 on: Sunday, August 26, 2012, 14:30:38 »

Noooo! You've got to be kidding me!!
Every team we play will have drums just to piss us off
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #259 on: Sunday, August 26, 2012, 18:43:26 »

OST - I kind of saw this coming if Collins and Williams didn't start finding the back of the net and getting goals to their name.

I don't honestly give a flying fuck if they don't score all season if we keep winning games, they keep playing well, working their bollocks off and we're getting the goals from the midfield.

Only thing I worry about though is spackers that like getting on there backs and a lack of goals denting their confidence.
From what I've seen of Williams he looks absolutely tremendous and it's only a matter of time before he starts scoring. I remember when we signed Shearer though and it took a little while for him to get  going. There were always one or two mongs who, after that, he was never good enough for. Some people just want shooting.
Exiled Bob

Likes a moan

Ignore
« Reply #260 on: Sunday, August 26, 2012, 20:07:06 »

On sky website our att:18,299 Eek
What was the attendance? The BBC site says the same and so does the official site....? I can't believe it's true, considering the maximum is only about 15000 or so isn't it?
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #261 on: Sunday, August 26, 2012, 20:10:42 »

No it's right dongs bought 10,400, they're that massive.
donkey
Cheers!

He headed a football.

Ignore
« Reply #262 on: Sunday, August 26, 2012, 20:20:16 »

I'll bring my didgeridoo

I'd rather you didgeridon't.

donkey tells the truth

I headed the ball.

eeeeeeeeeeeeeee-aaaaaaaawwwwwww
Notts red

Ignore
« Reply #263 on: Sunday, August 26, 2012, 20:23:44 »

Read this in today's Football League paper, they interviewed  a home fan and an away fan after the game and this is from a franchise fan " An eventful game as expected and to our disbelief our forth straight red in four games with Dean Lewington sent off. Swindon played us off the park and deserved the win. If they play like they did in this game all season they will be champions. With promotion a clear goal this season something is going to have to change and fast to control the discipline and offer more threat as a team. Dons looked slightly out of their depth and it's clear the lack of first team players through suspension is taking it toll. Overall this game offered nothing but frustration but again Swindon deserved maximum credit for a phenomenal performance . Although their goal was more of a lucky cross that turned into a shot, so the Dons did well not to concede again and David Martin kept the Dons in the game truly "
Today's FL paper has a double page write up on our game along with articles on Caddis and Paolo's fall out and a double page on Simon Cox who mentions his time at Swindon.
Honkytonk

Whoo Whoo!

Ignore
« Reply #264 on: Sunday, August 26, 2012, 20:35:10 »

I'm planning to come to Crawley anyway, and if we're bringing Vuvuzelas I'm definitely in.
donkey
Cheers!

He headed a football.

Ignore
« Reply #265 on: Sunday, August 26, 2012, 20:46:17 »

Re comments on Thisis, anyone who doesn't appreciate the ability and work rate of Williams and Collins is clearly not used to watching or playing football.  They both drop deep to win balls and bring the wide men into play (this was one reason why De Vita played so well against Crawley).  They are also good at winning the flick-ons and they work well as a pair.  The goals will come, nothing to worry about.

donkey tells the truth

I headed the ball.

eeeeeeeeeeeeeee-aaaaaaaawwwwwww

Ignore
« Reply #266 on: Sunday, August 26, 2012, 21:07:13 »

Williams is streets ahead of Connell. Glaringly obvious
« Last Edit: Sunday, August 26, 2012, 21:10:08 by arriba » Logged
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #267 on: Sunday, August 26, 2012, 21:09:10 »

True enough while the team is getting results....not so sure the lack of goals will be tolerated when we start conceding again though.

Lets hope they bang a few in soon.
thedarkprince

Hubba-hubba

Ignore
« Reply #268 on: Monday, August 27, 2012, 09:02:21 »

Where can you watch the video highlights of past games? I'm sure you used to be able to find it in its own little section on the Beeb but buggrred if I can find it!
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #269 on: Monday, August 27, 2012, 09:05:35 »

http://thetownend.com/index.php?topic=49010.0
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 17 [18] 19   Go Up
Print
Jump to: