Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Lance Armstrong  (Read 20955 times)
DMR

« on: Friday, August 24, 2012, 08:33:57 »

Discuss
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Friday, August 24, 2012, 08:39:35 »

Victim of his own success.
DMR

« Reply #2 on: Friday, August 24, 2012, 08:51:56 »

Drug addled cheat who knows he's going to get rumbled...?
Ginginho

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Friday, August 24, 2012, 08:54:32 »

Surely if he was truly innocent he would fight it all the way no matter what, not just give up like he has.

Also the fact 10 of his old team mates were going to testify against him doesn't look good for him at all.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Friday, August 24, 2012, 09:08:46 »

Victim of his own success.

Sadly seems to be a victim of his own steroids.

I wanted to believe he was innocent, and did for quite a bit, but the evidence presented in the media is stacked against him. I think during Armstrong's time most of the top riders have been caught cheating.

Greg LeMond must be having a little chuckle now.
ghanimah

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Friday, August 24, 2012, 09:14:02 »

Sadly seems to be a victim of his own steroids.

I wanted to believe he was innocent, and did for quite a bit, but the evidence presented in the media is stacked against him. I think during Armstrong's time most of the top riders have been caught cheating.

Greg LeMond must be having a little chuckle now.

I've always wondered if everyone is cheating (with drugs) whether it is still then cheating as effectively everyone is then completing on a level playing field

"We perform the duties of freemen; we must have the privileges of freemen ..."
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Friday, August 24, 2012, 09:23:46 »

Well, that's one way of dealing with it. But I'd imagine continued abuse would be harmful and so will never be sanctioned by the governing bodies.
thedarkprince

Hubba-hubba

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Friday, August 24, 2012, 10:07:31 »

The trouble with cycling is that most of the bigger "stars" who have been busted for doping are caught retrospectively after someone speaks out or there's a breakthrough in the drug testing i.e. a sample is given to WADA.

The entire reputation of the sport is tarnished and it's going to take a while before it recovers.
Honkytonk

Whoo Whoo!

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Friday, August 24, 2012, 11:33:50 »

His accusations of the anti-doping agency 'creating' these charges via 'corrupt inducements' of his team-mates seem a bit ridiculous. Why would the drugs agency bother bribing 10 people? What do they have to gain from that? It'd be a huge waste of money, and that they are his old team mates just makes it worse.

I can understand him feeling persecuted and getting fed up with it all, but to continue to deny everything when there's ten of his friends and peers going against him seems a bit odd.
wokinghamred

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Friday, August 24, 2012, 11:46:20 »

His accusations of the anti-doping agency 'creating' these charges via 'corrupt inducements' of his team-mates seem a bit ridiculous. Why would the drugs agency bother bribing 10 people? What do they have to gain from that? It'd be a huge waste of money, and that they are his old team mates just makes it worse.

I can understand him feeling persecuted and getting fed up with it all, but to continue to deny everything when there's ten of his friends and peers going against him seems a bit odd.

Why not just use all the drugs tests they took, instead?

Oh hang on, he never failed one, did he.
DMR

« Reply #10 on: Friday, August 24, 2012, 12:24:14 »

Why not just use all the drugs tests they took, instead?

Oh hang on, he never failed one, did he.

Analytical methods have improved 10 fold over the last 7 years, they can now detect lots that would not have registered before. It's probably the case that he knows they will soon uncover the truth. Lets face it, it's not a big surprise.

That and they've already said they've got blood evidence from 2009 and 2010 that shows he's guilty...
ghanimah

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Friday, August 24, 2012, 12:25:10 »

Simmering jealousy, personal vendettas, internal politics etc. I'm not defending Armstrong but clearing your name is a lot easier said than done, particularly if the system is stacked against you

"We perform the duties of freemen; we must have the privileges of freemen ..."
wokinghamred

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: Friday, August 24, 2012, 13:32:53 »

Analytical methods have improved 10 fold over the last 7 years, they can now detect lots that would not have registered before. It's probably the case that he knows they will soon uncover the truth. Lets face it, it's not a big surprise.

That and they've already said they've got blood evidence from 2009 and 2010 that shows he's guilty...

I'm sure that you are right.
I just have this strange admiration for Lance Armstrong having kept ahead of the drugs testing for so many years  and never having failed a test.
Which is odd, becaue I am absolutely disgusted that Dwayne Chambers is allowed to compete as an equal. Just look at the guys muscles, and tell me none of that is due to is former steroid use. And no bleeding hearts 'well he's done his time' . The guy is a cheat and should be banned for life.

Ticker45

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: Friday, August 24, 2012, 13:45:12 »

Great shame, by not trying to prove innocence then it does not look good on the face of it. Then again it would have cost him a small fortune in lawyers fees and for what, as it appears (according to team mates) that he was drug taking, so he keeps the money he has made and quietly disappears.

As a long time follower of cycling very disappointed in the revelations but it is/was one of those sports that has had drug use for many years now.

Yesterday is history, tomorrow is unknown but today could be a whole lot better.
Chubbs

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: Friday, August 24, 2012, 13:50:24 »

guilty or not, stripping him of his 7 TDF titles isnt going to do much though is it. Are all the riders who placed second in all those TDF's going to have massive celebrations now?
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5   Go Up
Print
Jump to: