Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Spencer white-india tour  (Read 1725 times)
larwood
The girl least likely to.

Ignore
« on: Friday, July 29, 2005, 11:49:20 »

Saw this in general discussion,thought i'd put it in here.
If its true and he's going to india,all i can say is what a fair weather fan,the real fans,the ones with hard nuts are going to pakistan,not india. : Wink

Yes i am just very jealous,it would be amazing to go out on a tour like that.Personally,i love sub-continent tours,watching at 4 in the morning,before the milkman arrives,snow outside and on the tv its blazing sunlight and there is a crowd of rabid cricket fans baying for english blood.Nothing like it.

Few questions for you Spencer,when and where you going,and won't you miss swindon ?

I was a small, fat child in a welfare house
There was only one thing I ever dreamed about
And fate has just
Handed it to me - whoopee
Spud

« Reply #1 on: Friday, July 29, 2005, 13:27:41 »

Mmmmm India wouldnt be my 1st choice destination but hey each to their own i suppose.
Spencer_White

« Reply #2 on: Saturday, July 30, 2005, 12:56:30 »

Yeah Im going. My mates are organising it and Im just gonna hand over the cash (I trust them). Then I have to ask work for 3 weeks unpaid leave and if they say no, Im gonna quit! WAHEY!  

Unbelievably they still havnt anounced the iternerary yet. The Pakistan one came out yesterday. That tour unfortunately has maximum potential for problems. I can see it being cancelled 2 weeks before or even half way through. Because of all the worries about Pakistan the India tour has not been anounced.

Im only going for 3 (maybe 2 and a half) weeks to try and get two tests. I will miss the Swindon games like murder. Im really hoping not to miss good games. But we do have some great games around that time that I was really looking forward to (Gills, Bmuth, Southend, Forest). Im hoping to get lucky and miss some shit ones. But then going to India on the cheap as a lad, chancing your arm, watch the cricket, seeing the Real country not a holliday resort in Goa. You only get the chance to do that once. When your young and you dont care about anything. I also want to do the Ashes tour the winter after that. Been saving for 18 months. Not had a holliday for years. Its been a dream of mine to do it for ages. Ive watched thousands of hours on sky at stupid times in the morning. Nows my chance.

But Pakistan?   :run:

Larwood, I left a PM.
Spud

« Reply #3 on: Saturday, July 30, 2005, 13:32:00 »

Im hopefully going to get out to Oz for the next Ashes series for a few beers with the 'Barmy Army'. Beers
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Saturday, July 30, 2005, 13:54:07 »

Would like to go to Oz but I'm sure I will have other things holding me back!

One day though!
Spencer_White

« Reply #5 on: Monday, August 1, 2005, 20:35:55 »

Word from the barmy army is that the tour may well be as late as the end of march, because of something called the Asia Cup, a one day tournament. Sounds like one of the venues is going to be in a 'dry state' though  Crying  shant be going there  :fu: .

Middle of march suits me great. I really dont want to miss the Gills, Bmuth at home, Sarfend, Forest and Yeovil away. From 11th of march (yeovil away)we have a wanky run of games until City on the penultimate day of the season. The only exception being Swansea away but Im not in a great deal of a hurry to go there.  :run:

If you like the idea of going away with England then def check out the barmy army forum at www.barmyarmy.com. Wealth of information, experience and interesting tales on there.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: