Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Orange/T-Mobile To Launch 4G September 11th 2012...  (Read 7818 times)
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: Thursday, September 6, 2012, 16:35:21 »

My Voda contract ran out in June and I'm fed up with the poor/no signal in some areas,

I just moved from 3 to Voda for exactly the same reason! Ooops. In fairness Voda coverage does penatrate my house (ooh err), no other network does.

Mrs has Orange (EE), coverage seems reasonable to me whenever I asked her. Not sure how much is 2G and how much is 3G, and "how many bars you got" isn't a game we play that often;)
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: Thursday, September 6, 2012, 16:48:15 »

Thanks Batch. I know it's all a bit of a muchness as they all have good coverage in some areas and bad in others, but having been Voda-only for 10+ years thought it might be useful to ask for others' experience. Much appreciated
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: Thursday, September 6, 2012, 19:00:10 »

You could always get a free orange payg sim and stick it in a spare mobile before committing to contract. That's what I did.
joteddyred

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: Thursday, September 6, 2012, 20:08:12 »

Sorry for slightly redirecting the thread but what are Orange/TMobile like for coverage these days? My Voda contract ran out in June and I'm fed up with the poor/no signal in some areas, largely on my journey to/from work (Swindon->Brizzle via M4/M32) but also periodically around Swindon. Including my own kitchen. So was thinking of moving to O2 but the 4G thing got me thinking plus I know Orange used to be not great for coverage outside major towns but was wondering if now they've combined with TMobile if they've got better coverage or did they just basically overlap each other? Anyone any experience using O2/Orange/TMobile between Swindon->Brizzle?

I've been with Orange for several years and the only place I've experienced problems with coverage is in Highworth.  My husband worked in Portishead for 2 years and changed from Vodafone to Orange because he was fed up with lack of coverage.  I think he probably regretted though when I was suddenly able to contact him on a daily basis whilst he was working  Cheesy
The Grim Reaper

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: Friday, September 7, 2012, 09:43:02 »

I've been with Orange for 10+ years and agree with PaulD that signal strength outside of the major towns was hit and miss. However, they have improved vastly since acquiring the T-Mobile network and your phone will automatically hunt for the strongest signal. I do that M4/M32 journey weekly and notice that my phone switches often from Orange to T-Mobile and vice versa in order to maintain a constant 3G connection.
melksham_exile

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: Friday, September 7, 2012, 10:08:46 »

I've been with Orange for 10+ years and agree with PaulD that signal strength outside of the major towns was hit and miss. However, they have improved vastly since acquiring the T-Mobile network and your phone will automatically hunt for the strongest signal. I do that M4/M32 journey weekly and notice that my phone switches often from Orange to T-Mobile and vice versa in order to maintain a constant 3G connection.

Orange haven't acquired T-Mobile, it's a 50-50 joint venture creating the new parent company Everything Everywhere. Orange coverage is always strong around Bristol as they have offices in Aztec West including a base station for the network. Some years go they decomissioned some cell sites in more rural areas and didn't replace them. T-Mobile worked on improving their rural coverage and now the cell sites are shared, its the most comprehensive network for coverage by a margin. Reception switches between the two networks automatically giving the strongest possible signal.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: Friday, September 7, 2012, 10:50:40 »

Orange haven't acquired T-Mobile, it's a 50-50 joint venture creating the new parent company Everything Everywhere.

Perhaps he meant  acquiring the usage of the T-Mobile network Smiley
melksham_exile

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: Friday, September 7, 2012, 11:01:24 »

Perhaps he meant  acquiring the usage of the T-Mobile network Smiley

I'm on fucking fire today!!!
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: Friday, September 7, 2012, 13:43:34 »

I'm on fucking fire today!!!

Give Tans a ring.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: Friday, September 7, 2012, 14:56:02 »

Cheers chaps.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: Friday, September 7, 2012, 15:47:10 »

Shit I'm with Orange....does this mean I'm going to have to do something?  Angry
The Grim Reaper

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: Friday, September 7, 2012, 15:49:30 »

Perhaps he meant  acquiring the usage of the T-Mobile network Smiley

That's exactly what I meant, sorry for the confusion!
melksham_exile

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: Friday, September 7, 2012, 16:12:16 »

That's exactly what I meant, sorry for the confusion!

I think it's more that I'm having an absolute shocker today than you causing confusion!
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: Friday, September 7, 2012, 16:24:34 »

Shit I'm with Orange....does this mean I'm going to have to do something?  >Sad

No Reg. The Nokia 3310 will still work.
donkey
Cheers!

He headed a football.

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: Friday, September 7, 2012, 18:04:50 »

No Reg. The Nokia 3310 will still work.