Pages: 1 ... 19 20 21 [22] 23   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town Vs Crawley Official Matchday Thread  (Read 32890 times)
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #315 on: Thursday, August 23, 2012, 18:09:59 »

Probably the same place as the 30k fans that mysteriously appear whenever we play at Wembley.

Ok, what about all the fans they had, at home, against stoke in the cup then
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #316 on: Thursday, August 23, 2012, 18:11:22 »

What politics? I don't think it's been discussed on here before.

It'll probably take at least a season for you to shake off the Steve Evans stigma.

Please can you shoot the drummer, thanks in advance.

I bet he is the drummer
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #317 on: Thursday, August 23, 2012, 18:19:09 »

The first five paragraphs were so promising
sheepshagger
Suburban Capitalist........

Ignore
« Reply #318 on: Thursday, August 23, 2012, 18:26:05 »

Tinpot cunt !

Wise men say........
Shaw Rosso

Ignore
« Reply #319 on: Thursday, August 23, 2012, 18:30:46 »

I bet he is the drummer

Apparently the drummers name is Neil, which is surprising as most baggage handlers are called Mohammad
Summerof69

Ignore
« Reply #320 on: Thursday, August 23, 2012, 18:31:40 »

BICH - Regarding attendances, it was your CE who said they had budgetted for crowd of 4.5k last season, which was an absolute joke considering you ground barely holds 5k, which you still couldn't fill when you had Stoke at home in the Cup. And due to the fact that the FL bought in the wage cap last season, it would mean Crawley probably breaking the wage cap.

Fat Boy Evans, is, and always be a crook, who should've banned from football for life. He did far worse than anything PdC ever did.

And bringing a drum = Non-league side = Tinpot. It gave me a fucking headache.

BAZINGA !!

Join the Red Army Fund and donate at www.redarmyfund.co.uk

Join the Football Supporters Federation for FREE at www.fsf.org.uk/join.php
cheltred69

Ignore
« Reply #321 on: Thursday, August 23, 2012, 18:46:32 »

All in all a pretty measured opinion that's difficult to argue with.
Just a couple of points:
 - the 3,000 crowds were on the back of really successful seasons - the best I can realistically see for Crawley is consolidating as a league 2 team (with maybe occasional forays into the big time of L1) with crowds stabilising at not much more than 2K.  Very few teams have managed better than this over the last 40 years.
 - I understand not liking PdC but to compare him with slimeball Evans!!!! - I would stop watching STFC if Evans was our manager for as long as he stayed.
Notts red

Ignore
« Reply #322 on: Thursday, August 23, 2012, 20:48:27 »

Just looked on the FA site: Franchise, Smith suspension starts 21.8.12 ends 1.9.12.   Kay suspension starts 18.8.12 ends 28.8.12 and Gleeson suspension starts 11.8.12 ends 25.8.12 They all got three match suspensions.
I love di Canio

Ignore
« Reply #323 on: Thursday, August 23, 2012, 22:57:05 »

All in all a pretty measured opinion that's difficult to argue with.
Just a couple of points:
 - the 3,000 crowds were on the back of really successful seasons - the best I can realistically see for Crawley is consolidating as a league 2 team (with maybe occasional forays into the big time of L1) with crowds stabilising at not much more than 2K.  Very few teams have managed better than this over the last 40 years.
 - I understand not liking PdC but to compare him with slimeball Evans!!!! - I would stop watching STFC if Evans was our manager for as long as he stayed.

With regards to our home attendance, I agree with you, I think for the games when the away team doesn’t bring large numbers I think we’ll struggle to get over 3,000 in the ground. It’s going to be a real culture shock for the newbie fans that have only seen success in league and cup for two years to see us not win every week.

However, on the flipside, the culture of football is very different in the town now. There are record number of season ticket holders and you’re actually seeing kids walking around town in Crawley shirts which has never happened before as it’s been the usual array of Premier League teams.

I think Steve Evans and Paolo Di Canio are similar characters. They both love the limelight and I get the impression from both men that they use every opportunity to further their own career. Both men have also been legitimately successful too. Both men carry unfortunate baggage too. Both are obvious, I can’t believe that someone said before he was unaware of Di Canio’s politics. I was uncomfortable with Evans at the club despite of his success; if I was a Swindon fan I’d feel the same about Di Canio.

A point well made by a sensible Swindon fan above about the attendances. Sure, it’s amazing how nine thousand ‘fans’ materialised when we went to Old Trafford but the same goes – and some – for your Wembley visits.

Interesting stat:

As per the 2011 census the population of Swindon is 209,000. The population of Crawley is 99,477. The average home attendance for 2011/12 for Swindon was 8,410, for Crawley it was 3,211. So, 4.02% of the town went to your games and 3.22% went to Crawley’s games. Swindon are ex-Premier League, Crawley up until eighteen months ago were non-league. So, in short, that’s really not bad.   
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #324 on: Thursday, August 23, 2012, 23:01:13 »

I think Steve Evans and Paolo Di Canio are similar characters. They both love the limelight and I get the impression from both men that they use every opportunity to further their own career. Both men have also been legitimately successful too. Both men carry unfortunate baggage too. Both are obvious, I can’t believe that someone said before he was unaware of Di Canio’s politics. I was uncomfortable with Evans at the club despite of his success; if I was a Swindon fan I’d feel the same about Di Canio.

[url width=300 height=185]http://i.imgur.com/XNcdc.gif[/url]
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #325 on: Thursday, August 23, 2012, 23:04:03 »

Crawley are a non-league club punching well above their weight. I think they'll do ok this season but long term, no.
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #326 on: Friday, August 24, 2012, 00:33:03 »

I understand people disliking Paolo but what crime has he been convicted of? To compare him to Evans is ridiculous.

Plenty of resonable points from BICH, but a few are just as juvenile as comments made by some of our own 'less considerate' fans.
Señor

Ignore
« Reply #327 on: Friday, August 24, 2012, 01:15:26 »

Interesting stat:

As per the 2011 census the population of Swindon is 209,000. The population of Crawley is 99,477. The average home attendance for 2011/12 for Swindon was 8,410, for Crawley it was 3,211. So, 4.02% of the town went to your games and 3.22% went to Crawley’s games. Swindon are ex-Premier League, Crawley up until eighteen months ago were non-league. So, in short, that’s really not bad.   

You can't really compare that, you gave the population of the borough of Swindon, not the Town and for yourself haven't counted the smaller towns in and around Crawley that can easily be tapped into by a successful club. Wigan is a small town, but it's in an area with a huge amount of people and get decent crowds, doesn't really give you the whole picture.
LucienSanchez

Is this hospital called St. Croc of Shit?!

Ignore
« Reply #328 on: Friday, August 24, 2012, 06:52:58 »

Personally (based on nothing but a gut feeling), i think a town of our size including the surrounding places such as Chippenham, Devizes, Westbury etc. should be attracting more than we do.

We made a promise we swore we'd always remember... no retreat, baby, no surrender
ronnie21

The Mighty Hankerton

Ignore
« Reply #329 on: Friday, August 24, 2012, 07:27:34 »

Interesting stat:

Not a bad percentage for Crawley considering they are just a backwater suburb of Brighton!! (Possibly with not so many gayers though!)
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 21 [22] 23   Go Up
Print
Jump to: