Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Starting Line Up Wednesday  (Read 4105 times)
fittons_coaching_badge

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: Monday, September 3, 2012, 11:55:23 »

So, if Bedwell is in goal for this one - who is on the bench as a sub GK

Isnt Caddis the replacement goalkeeper?
Ginginho

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: Monday, September 3, 2012, 11:56:50 »

Cheesy
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #17 on: Monday, September 3, 2012, 12:03:05 »

Whats Luke McCormick up to? Wink

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: Monday, September 3, 2012, 12:08:05 »

Whats Luke McCormick up to? Wink

It all makes sense now.
Notts red

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: Monday, September 3, 2012, 12:48:50 »

Isnt Caddis the replacement goalkeeper?
Think that was Risser !
Bosey

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: Monday, September 3, 2012, 13:07:53 »

When is Roberts due back?
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: Monday, September 3, 2012, 13:45:06 »

When is Roberts due back?

Retired mate...booze problems and the knees are fucked.

Clems Army!
luckyluke699

5 league goals and counting...

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: Monday, September 3, 2012, 14:02:29 »

Retired mate...booze problems and the knees are fucked.

Isn't he a top selling author now though?
TheMajorSTFC

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: Monday, September 3, 2012, 14:22:51 »

I'm hoping Wes will take his place between the sticks on Wednesday! Nothing against Bedwell, just feel Wes is our number 1 and after the apology I don't see a reason why he won't continue to be!

#VivaKenBarlow!
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: Monday, September 3, 2012, 14:33:07 »

I'm probably going to face a backlash here, but for all the clean sheets that Wes has, I always thought he was a bit ropey from crosses. No doubt he is an absolutely superb shot stopper and his reactions are fantastic, but (although I don't go to that many games) I was never that convinced by his ability to deal with crosses. The signs were there against Hartlepool apparently as their fans said Wes was dodgy when they lumped the ball in the box. At Stoke I guess he was at fault with Jones's goal and now he has made an even bigger mistake.

Hopefully Sunday wasn't the start of a massive crushing confidence blow that he doesn't recover from.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #25 on: Monday, September 3, 2012, 14:37:18 »

I'm probably going to face a backlash here, but for all the clean sheets that Wes has, I always thought he was a bit ropey from crosses. No doubt he is an absolutely superb shot stopper and his reactions are fantastic, but (although I don't go to that many games) I was never that convinced by his ability to deal with crosses. The signs were there against Hartlepool apparently as their fans said Wes was dodgy when they lumped the ball in the box. At Stoke I guess he was at fault with Jones's goal and now he has made an even bigger mistake.

Hopefully Sunday wasn't the start of a massive crushing confidence blow that he doesn't recover from.
No backlash from me, I have stated several times that his handling of crosses is not what it needs to be.

That said so was Peter Shilton and he turned out alright Smiley in the words of Peter Shilton "I am a goalkeeper, I have defenders to cut out the crosses so I can concentrait on stopping the ball going in the net"

That said...the couple of times I have seen him against Weston and BHA this season his cross catching was better than last season.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Gnasher

Prefers animals to people (in a non sexual way)

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: Monday, September 3, 2012, 16:23:21 »

I'm hoping Wes will take his place between the sticks on Wednesday! Nothing against Bedwell, just feel Wes is our number 1 and after the apology I don't see a reason why he won't continue to be!

I think Wes will start. I don't think he's forgiven the likes of Jay Mac and Rooney though.

Cats are better than dogs FACT
Frigby Daser

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: Monday, September 3, 2012, 17:36:11 »

I can't agree with that. One of Foderingham's best attributes is his command of the box and confidence coming for crosses. The sheer number of high balls you face in the lower leagues especially (and Stoke) make it inevitable that he will, from time to time, miss a punch or get beaten to it by an opponent. We have had so many shrinking violets in goal over the years - Glass, Griemink and to an extent, Smith... It's refreshing to have a 'keeper that instills confidence in the back four instead.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: