Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: New Member LFC  (Read 5430 times)
VanDammage

Ignore
« on: Tuesday, August 14, 2012, 04:17:55 »

Hi all.  Just want to 1st point out that i'm a Liverpool supporter and a passionate 1 at that.
But i guess you could say passion is what's best about the football game. Not to mention above all the passion Paolo Di Canio has for Swindon.

To be honest with you I had hardly heard of Swindon (I'm from Australia by the way so it's understandable soapy tit wank) up until Paolo Di Canio got the job.  Paolo Di Canio was 1 of my favourite players alongside Robbie Fowler for me.  All from the days he was in Scotland up until he went back 2 Italy.  I really enjoyed his career at west ham. As much as i love my reds i couldn't wait till the next West Ham game would be shown on TV purely because of Di Canio, watching his talent, leadership, tenacity and passion not 2 mention the sublime skill he had. It was a joy 2 behold.

Anyway this is a Swindon forum so it's all about Swindon.
I was absolutely over the moon 2 hear Di Canio get the Swindon job because i always wanted him 2 get in2 management. Although I was always hopeful he would get the West Ham job and he still might but obviously not yet.  And that's the reason i'm thrilled now. Watching your team from their scratchy start last season 2 progress in2 the best team in league 2 was a absolutely fantastic.  I was so happy Paolo could get his relationship on an excellent level with the club, players and fans. 
As he got on and on during the season you could see the passion he would express, either during interviews or that fantastic celebration when he ran on against Northampton, It literally had the hair on the back of neck raised because that shit doesn't happen anymore or so often and to see Paolo do it was bloody brilliant.
I heard that Paolo got the job because he was happy what Swindon offered him as well that it is a real club with real people and a real community. By this i mean down to earth nothing fake about this place. And that just typifies Di canio he's so down to earth and he's real. That's y i love him he expresses his opinion with passion because he wants 2 make his point heard because he loves his team.

I did always want Paolo to come back and manage West Ham but as time goes on I really hope he stays at Swindon for a very very long time and helps eventually promote you guys to the higher leagues. Never know maybe 1 day it'll be a Swindon Liverpool fixture rather sooner than later. That'll be fantastic.

Anyway all, I've taken up too much time. I just want to commend all the swindon supporters for being such a REAL club and I wish you guys all the best in League 1 this season. Congratulations on your promotion, good luck to you all, Swindon, Paolo and all the fans. Wish you all the best.

Hopefully a cup tie against my mob would be great this season Smiley

Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday, August 14, 2012, 06:12:28 »

Erm, thanks.

THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday, August 14, 2012, 09:20:37 »

Cheers

juttyesque.....

Clems Army!
pericarp
is a nice chap

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday, August 14, 2012, 10:01:25 »

Ermm, his use of '2' instead of 'to' midly annoys me.

Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Tuesday, August 14, 2012, 10:03:43 »

Ermm, his use of '2' instead of 'to' midly annoys me.

he can c your comments by the way.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Coca Fola

« Reply #5 on: Tuesday, August 14, 2012, 11:14:31 »

He's made the time and effort to come on here and post that so no need to be dicks. Paolo is spreading the word of STFC all over the world and I commend him for that.
The Grim Reaper

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Tuesday, August 14, 2012, 11:25:19 »

Excellent post VanDammage.
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #7 on: Tuesday, August 14, 2012, 11:28:43 »

Swindon have played Liverpool in the league before y'know.
Flashheart

« Reply #8 on: Tuesday, August 14, 2012, 11:32:21 »

And almost won at Anfield, bar a last minute equaliser by Rushie. 
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Tuesday, August 14, 2012, 11:38:50 »

I thought we lost 2-1  Huh?
4D

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Tuesday, August 14, 2012, 11:42:38 »

Australia? Is that a suburb of Liverpool? Oh no, I'm thinking of not win the ashes knotty ash.
Flashheart

« Reply #11 on: Tuesday, August 14, 2012, 11:45:40 »

I thought we lost 2-1  Huh?

Google tells me it was 2-2
Benzel

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: Tuesday, August 14, 2012, 11:46:36 »

The power of Di Canio. Spreading the word of STFC to the far side of the globe.

That's fine by me Smiley

Is your cat making too much noise all the time?
4D

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: Tuesday, August 14, 2012, 11:47:13 »

Don't you trust my judgement then 
fittons_coaching_badge

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: Tuesday, August 14, 2012, 11:54:10 »

And almost won at Anfield, bar a last minute equaliser by Rushie. 

Wasnt it Mark Wright who got the late equaliser?
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
Print
Jump to: