Pages: 1 ... 171 172 173 [174]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Cycling  (Read 403053 times)
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

+148/-530

Ignore
« Reply #2595 on: Thursday, September 27, 2018, 15:11:44 »

Does anyone know anything about E Bikes?

Long story short, my Father in Law wants to buy MiL an e bike as she has a longstanding back issue, its going to be an eBay purchase I suspect, now the only thing I do know is that for a lot of older models the main problem is getting spares and especially batteries so is there anything to look out for in terms of buying second hand>

TIA

Fuzzy is yer man..... here's what he posted a while back on te subject when I asked....

"Go for something with the Shimano Steps system or the Bosch system. Good motor and battery reliability.

The Steps has 3 power settings whereas the Bosch has 4. Shimano powers application is smooth and Bosch punches in a bit more aggressively.

Both systems could give 60 to 70 kilometres of assistance if used wisely. The other good thing about these systems is that, as the motor replaces the bottom bracket, they carry the weight very well. Turning pedals with the power off doesn't feel like you are lugging a big motor.

PM me if you want more info."
Bewster

+11/-1

We fucking love you Gumbo!

Ignore
« Reply #2596 on: Friday, February 1, 2019, 15:38:00 »

Right then chaps - Wheels..............

Currently running Fulcrum R3s. Very pleased with them but the replacement bearing cost for the hubs alone is 80. Plus the freehub/labour and you're up to 200. Thought about treating myself to something else that was potentially more serviceable with sealed cartridge bearings.

Looked at the usual suspects - Mavic et al, looked at custom builds, looked at Chinese carbon (YeoLeo)

I don't want carbon rims, just want some nice reliable serviceable wheels.

Any recommendations ?? Would like to stay under 600 but can be flexible  Grin     
bennett

+11/-3

Ignore
« Reply #2597 on: Monday, February 4, 2019, 11:03:41 »

Are you looking for just general use Bewdog?
Why don't you fancy carbon rims?

This is the water.
And this is the well.
Drink full and descend.
The horse is the white of the eyes and dark within.
Bewster

+11/-1

Ignore
« Reply #2598 on: Monday, February 4, 2019, 11:21:16 »

Are you looking for just general use Bewdog?
Why don't you fancy carbon rims?

Yes.

A few reasons, their braking efficiency, inability to replace the rims, expense.

I did fancy the Mavic Cosmic Carbon but I found these : https://www.moonglu.com/products/moonglu-wheelworks-custom-dt-swiss-road-wheels

and these : https://www.mantel.com/uk/fulcrum-racing-zero-c17-road-wheelset
« Last Edit: Monday, February 4, 2019, 16:27:12 by Bewster » Logged
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

+21/-10

Ignore
« Reply #2599 on: Monday, February 4, 2019, 20:44:52 »

Cant really help. I've had Aksiums and Cosmics. Both have been good.

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
Bewster

+11/-1

Ignore
« Reply #2600 on: Monday, February 4, 2019, 21:43:15 »

Cant really help. I've had Aksiums and Cosmics. Both have been good.

That's good enough for an opinion NMH, thanks
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

+148/-530

Ignore
« Reply #2601 on: Thursday, July 18, 2019, 10:12:02 »

Chris Froome, has got another Grand Tour, in this case the 2011 Vuelta.... retrospective after Juan Jose Cobo was stripped for a drug offence.

Remember watching it at the time, thinking it looked a bit dodgy the way Cobo, went up a "wall" to get the red on a late stage, to best Froome and Wiggins.  Compounded by him doing nothing much the next year and then retiring.
horlock07

+31286/-27191

Lives up north

Ignore
« Reply #2602 on: Thursday, July 18, 2019, 11:25:38 »

Chris Froome, has got another Grand Tour, in this case the 2011 Vuelta.... retrospective after Juan Jose Cobo was stripped for a drug offence.

Remember watching it at the time, thinking it looked a bit dodgy the way Cobo, went up a "wall" to get the red on a late stage, to best Froome and Wiggins.  Compounded by him doing nothing much the next year and then retiring.

Nice to see Malcolm Bollema pushed up onto the podium as well, imagine its going to piss Wiggins off a bit.

Be interesting to see if they look at the fairytale result of 2013 now as well, it was common knowledge for years that dope testing at the Vuelta was somewhat more relaxed than elsewhere.
Pages: 1 ... 171 172 173 [174]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: