Pages: 1 ... 162 163 164 [165] 166 167 168 ... 181   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Cycling  (Read 743178 times)
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #2460 on: Monday, July 10, 2017, 08:44:30 »

Worth a mention to Dan Martin.  Interesting character, taken down by Richie Porte, gets a spare wheel from Mavic neutral service, which was not much use as the brakes didn't work so he crashed again... waited for anew bike and still finished 9th.

More fuss would be made of Dan, but as his mum is a Roche, he opted for Ireland.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #2461 on: Monday, July 10, 2017, 09:56:27 »

Over the moon for Rigo Uran, basically winning the stage on a single speed*, Henri Desgrange would be over the moon!

* - Yeah I know he had the front mech so in theory had two gears, but in the sprint the small ring would be essentially superfluous!
fuzzy

A Bastard apparently

Ignore
« Reply #2462 on: Monday, July 10, 2017, 22:06:28 »

Anyone get any knowledge about electric bikes.. I'd be looking at something that does some miles rather than a round town runabout..

Go for something with the Shimano Steps system or the Bosch system. Good motor and battery reliability.

The Steps has 3 power settings whereas the Bosch has 4. Shimano powers application is smooth and Bosch punches in a bit more aggressively.

Both systems could give 60 to 70 kilometres of assistance if used wisely. The other good thing about these systems is that, as the motor replaces the bottom bracket, they carry the weight very well. Turning pedals with the power off doesn't feel like you are lugging a big motor.

PM me if you want more info.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #2463 on: Tuesday, July 11, 2017, 10:38:50 »

Go for something with the Shimano Steps system or the Bosch system. Good motor and battery reliability.

The Steps has 3 power settings whereas the Bosch has 4. Shimano powers application is smooth and Bosch punches in a bit more aggressively.

Both systems could give 60 to 70 kilometres of assistance if used wisely. The other good thing about these systems is that, as the motor replaces the bottom bracket, they carry the weight very well. Turning pedals with the power off doesn't feel like you are lugging a big motor.

Cheers fuzzy... a bit of food for thought.
horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #2464 on: Wednesday, July 19, 2017, 20:27:18 »

Is there an option to make a group on Strava? thetownend group maybe?

Did anyone ever sort the Townend Strava group out? Was thinking about it earlier, spent a lot of time on trains today!
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #2465 on: Thursday, July 20, 2017, 09:20:39 »

Saw a good quote related to electric bikes the other day, along the lines that the last thing to create such a fuss when it went electric was Bob Dylan.

Tout ce que je sais de plus sūr ą propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
Bennett
No Comment

Ignore
« Reply #2466 on: Thursday, July 20, 2017, 20:03:37 »

Did anyone ever sort the Townend Strava group out? Was thinking about it earlier, spent a lot of time on trains today!
I didn't. If you find yourself with time to kill feel free to do so Smiley

This is the water.
And this is the well.
Drink full and descend.
The horse is the white of the eyes and dark within.
Bewster

We fucking love you Gumbo!

Ignore
« Reply #2467 on: Friday, July 21, 2017, 07:49:59 »

I've set one up - I send over the details soon
Bewster

We fucking love you Gumbo!

Ignore
« Reply #2468 on: Friday, July 21, 2017, 08:01:48 »

I've sent some invites to those people who I follow on Strava.

This is the club link

https://www.strava.com/clubs/299031/recent_activity

Not sure how you join but if you wish to and can't hen PM me with your strava name.
horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #2469 on: Tuesday, August 1, 2017, 16:24:36 »

Pippo Pozzato further adding to his legend status!

http://www.cyclingweekly.com/news/latest-news/filippo-pozzato-makes-young-fans-day-ride-together-344746
horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #2470 on: Tuesday, August 1, 2017, 16:25:32 »

Worth a mention to Dan Martin.  Interesting character, taken down by Richie Porte, gets a spare wheel from Mavic neutral service, which was not much use as the brakes didn't work so he crashed again... waited for anew bike and still finished 9th.

More fuss would be made of Dan, but as his mum is a Roche, he opted for Ireland.

Dan actually sustained a broken back in the crash which only showed up with a scan after the race...
Not that Nice If I'm Honest

Ignore
« Reply #2471 on: Tuesday, August 1, 2017, 19:37:34 »

Did anyone do the Ride London on Sunday ?

I did it for the first time, thought it was excellent.
Great route past London landmarks and then out to the hills.

Bennett
No Comment

Ignore
« Reply #2472 on: Tuesday, August 1, 2017, 19:44:33 »

I quite fancy doing ride london, but £69 is obscene

This is the water.
And this is the well.
Drink full and descend.
The horse is the white of the eyes and dark within.
horlock07

Ignore
Re:
« Reply #2473 on: Tuesday, August 1, 2017, 19:52:07 »

Been in the ballot 3/4 years never got a place. Could get a charity place but the ballache of logistics always put me off.

£69 is a lot, but it's a one off I suppose.
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #2474 on: Tuesday, August 1, 2017, 19:57:54 »

Been in the ballot 3/4 years never got a place. Could get a charity place but the ballache of logistics always put me off.

£69 is a lot, but it's a one off I suppose.
Not as much as Birmingham! Think tickes were £80 or £100 to have stuff sent in the post!

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
Pages: 1 ... 162 163 164 [165] 166 167 168 ... 181   Go Up
Print
Jump to: