Pages: 1 ... 158 159 160 [161] 162 163 164 ... 181   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Cycling  (Read 737304 times)
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #2400 on: Tuesday, February 14, 2017, 10:46:28 »

Horlock - great to hear you are back on the bike again after everything. I'm sure you'll be fine for the TOF - you'll be fitter by then and better prepared.

When you say better prepared, do you mean in a Lance Armstrong style  Eek? Actually one of the blokes I am going over with is a pharmacist so we shall see  Wink
Bewster

We fucking love you Gumbo!

Ignore
« Reply #2401 on: Tuesday, February 14, 2017, 14:40:12 »

When you say better prepared, do you mean in a Lance Armstrong style  Eek? Actually one of the blokes I am going over with is a pharmacist so we shall see  Wink

Ha ha - I am on corticosteroids at the moment - I'm sure they are helping me ? Or maybe I am getting fitter ?
Bennett
No Comment

Ignore
« Reply #2402 on: Thursday, February 16, 2017, 17:17:22 »

My daughter made it onto the GCN show this week  Grin

just after 21.40

And Mrs Bew in this weeks show with a wattage bazooka

This is the water.
And this is the well.
Drink full and descend.
The horse is the white of the eyes and dark within.
Bewster

Ignore
« Reply #2403 on: Friday, February 17, 2017, 08:56:58 »

And Mrs Bew in this weeks show with a wattage bazooka

and bit of gentle motivation..............
horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #2404 on: Tuesday, April 4, 2017, 17:18:58 »

Horlock - great to hear you are back on the bike again after everything. I'm sure you'll be fine for the TOF - you'll be fitter by then and better prepared.

Got back from Flanders this afternoon, after a long journey from Hull on the back of a recovery lorry after the camper expired on the M62!

Despite a spill on the cobbles finished the Sportive, although it was bloody hard. Cleared all the climbs bar the Koppenberg as the guy in front of me had to unclip and thus I had to stop, but as we had climbed that one as a sighter the day before I didn't feel too bad, the Paterberg is a steep bastard yet luckily I got on a good wheel of an aggro cockney who was swearing at all those walking to get out of his way and I followed him through!

Saw a few Swindon Wheelers lads and lasses on the Kwaremont on the Sunday watching the race, don't think that they were involved in Sagans spill although we were about 10 foot lower down than where he came off and saw very little, although the beer could have also affected my ability to observe.

Bennett
No Comment

Ignore
« Reply #2405 on: Thursday, April 6, 2017, 06:14:59 »

Sounds awesome Horlock! In spite of being a bit of a sustained climber I do love everything linked to the classics and really fancy doing one of these sportives next year.

Kind of linked/shoehorned in here - I've got a weekend in Bormio in May where we will be watching two ascents of the Stelvio, as well as riding the route(s)  Too Cool

PS - I'm writing this from Mallorca on a cycling holiday  Girl Giggle

This is the water.
And this is the well.
Drink full and descend.
The horse is the white of the eyes and dark within.
fuzzy

A Bastard apparently

Ignore
« Reply #2406 on: Thursday, April 6, 2017, 07:57:44 »

Sounds awesome Horlock! In spite of being a bit of a sustained climber I do love everything linked to the classics and really fancy doing one of these sportives next year.

Kind of linked/shoehorned in here - I've got a weekend in Bormio in May where we will be watching two ascents of the Stelvio, as well as riding the route(s)  Too Cool

You can go right off people can't you.........
horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #2407 on: Thursday, April 6, 2017, 09:28:37 »

I would recommend the Flanders one, its only c.£30 and you get loads of stuff, its well organised inc timing chips and a live feed for others to follow on the web, feed stations were great etc. We did the 141km one which misses out the flat run in at the start that the pro's do but included all the cobbles and climbs.

Good luck on the Stelvio, would possible like to try one of the longer alpine climbs, although would probably have to be the Ventoux in the first place?

Now onto the ride to the sun in July, http://www.ridetothesun.co.uk/ we are not doing it on the official date as its fathers day the day after and thus is too politically sensitive, but following the same route a couple of weeks afterwards. should be OK, but no doubt bloody painful again.
Bewster

Ignore
« Reply #2408 on: Monday, April 24, 2017, 11:24:54 »

Michele Scarponi's parrot Frankie who would fly along side him when our training waiting for him to come home   Crying

horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #2409 on: Monday, April 24, 2017, 17:46:51 »

Michele Scarponi's parrot Frankie who would fly along side him when our training waiting for him to come home   Crying

Not sure Frankie belonged to Scarponi (based on this very balanced obituary http://inrng.com/2017/04/michele-scarponi-obituary/ )

Whatever his dubious past, it brings it all home again, especially when one of his last tweets was a picture of his twin little lads in the leaders jerseys he got at Trentino.  No
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #2410 on: Tuesday, April 25, 2017, 10:49:54 »

Who's the bloke in that photo? He looks just like a mate of mine
fuzzy

A Bastard apparently

Ignore
« Reply #2411 on: Tuesday, April 25, 2017, 10:52:14 »

Michele Scarponi, pro rider with Astana who was killed whilst out on a training ride recently.
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #2412 on: Tuesday, April 25, 2017, 11:29:47 »

Definitely not my mate then.
Munichred

Ignore
« Reply #2413 on: Sunday, May 7, 2017, 22:01:08 »

I'd appreciate advice on buying a new bike. 

I'm looking for a hybrid/trekking bike, suitable for everyday stuff on roads and also for off road gravel/dirt tracks. I plan to do the Alpa Adria Cycle Tour from Salzburg to Grado in June so the bike will need a rear rack for panniers.   

Considering a Trek DS3 and a Cube SL but would be happy with other recommendations.

Thanks.
fuzzy

A Bastard apparently

Ignore
« Reply #2414 on: Sunday, May 7, 2017, 22:36:15 »

Can't comment on the Cube but, as a part time sales droid at a shop that sells Trek, I can say that the DS3 is a very capable machine.
Pages: 1 ... 158 159 160 [161] 162 163 164 ... 181   Go Up
Print
Jump to: