Pages: 1 ... 147 148 149 [150] 151 152 153 ... 181   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Cycling  (Read 737460 times)
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #2235 on: Thursday, May 5, 2016, 16:31:01 »

Just putting this on here in case it rings any bells with anyone

http://www.cyclingweekly.co.uk/news/latest-news/wiltshire-cyclist-seeks-samaritan-looked-broke-neck-223905
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #2236 on: Wednesday, May 18, 2016, 21:25:29 »

Had a bloody great day at the  track in Newport.

42 degrees bank but it feels normal if you have the speed.

But bugger me it's hard work, plus the 'stopping' is interesting on a fixed wheel/no actual brakes
Jimmy Glass is an Alien

« Reply #2237 on: Thursday, May 19, 2016, 05:07:53 »

Well done batch. My Mrs likes track cycling, I've suggested a velodrome day but she's a bit scared.

I completed my ride from London to Southampton yesterday, little bit sore this morning!
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #2238 on: Thursday, May 19, 2016, 06:15:54 »

does she cycle?

anyone can do it, I'm not a good cyclist, only been out twice this year, but the coaches build you up slowly and I never felt unsafe. the hardest bit other than physically peddling was getting my feet into the toe clips!

the bank feels as natural as being on the flat
fuzzy

A Bastard apparently

Ignore
« Reply #2239 on: Thursday, May 19, 2016, 07:17:41 »

Glad you enjoyed the track Batch. Work on Mrs. Batch and get her on the track as well.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #2240 on: Thursday, May 19, 2016, 08:03:34 »

Quote from: fuzzy
Glad you enjoyed the track Batch. Work on Mrs. Batch and get her on the track as well.

yeah, that won't happen.
horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #2241 on: Tuesday, May 24, 2016, 11:07:39 »

Had a good spin out on Sunday, 42 mile ride up into the lakes. Was going well and thought I would add a little bit more to the planned route, however the extra bit included an unexpected bloody great hill (whole ride included 3,435 ft of ascent and I am 16+ stone at the moment Sad so not built to climb) after which I was broken and blew somewhat. Had to resort to a Kit Kat Chunky and Can of Coke to get home (from the saviour of the broken cyclist, the BP Garage Cheesy) - was worried at one stage I wouldn't make it!

I had forgotten how bad a proper bonk can be.....
Jimmy Glass is an Alien

« Reply #2242 on: Tuesday, May 24, 2016, 21:25:45 »

Bennett is the weekly ride you were on about a few pages back still going each Saturday?
Bennett
No Comment

Ignore
« Reply #2243 on: Thursday, May 26, 2016, 17:08:54 »

Bennett is the weekly ride you were on about a few pages back still going each Saturday?
Yes it is.
I'm not about this weekend, but turn up from the hub at 9am and Dan will look after you.
You can join the gang, and say "in" here:
https://www.strava.com/clubs/thehubswindon

This is the water.
And this is the well.
Drink full and descend.
The horse is the white of the eyes and dark within.
Bennett
No Comment

Ignore
« Reply #2244 on: Saturday, May 28, 2016, 07:16:41 »

(except for this week...no one is about so there's no point)

This is the water.
And this is the well.
Drink full and descend.
The horse is the white of the eyes and dark within.
horlock07

Ignore
Re:
« Reply #2245 on: Sunday, May 29, 2016, 09:09:27 »

For anyone watching the Giro, the cynical part of me can only think of the Landis recovery in the 2006 Tour.....
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #2246 on: Sunday, May 29, 2016, 11:46:11 »

For anyone watching the Giro, the cynical part of me can only think of the Landis recovery in the 2006 Tour.....
That's the trouble when anyone does well in cycling.

I don't like Astana, as I don't think they are clean. But I think Nibali is too up and down to be a dopeur.

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #2247 on: Sunday, May 29, 2016, 11:55:54 »

That's the trouble when anyone does well in cycling.

I don't like Astana, as I don't think they are clean. But I think Nibali is too up and down to be a dopeur.

Given that Astana would probably have had their licence revoked last year, but for the inevitable threat of legal action against the UCI....you'd have to imagine that the UCI will be taking a very close look at Nibali's "recovery"

What you can say is that if Kruijswijk, hadn't fallen off on Friday, he may well have still won, despite Nibali. Also Lotto NL , were always going to find it difficult defending in the Alps, so despite a healthy lead, Kruijswijk wasn't nailed on.
horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #2248 on: Sunday, May 29, 2016, 14:27:13 »

....you'd have to imagine that the UCI will be taking a very close look at Nibali's "recovery"

That doesn't exactly fill me with confidence.....

Nibali can only beat who is put in front of him, but with the departure of Landa and facing a poorly organised Lotto Jumbo and inexperienced Chaves its not been a particularly strong field to beat?

For whatever reason I just cannot take to Nibali, plus bring Astana into the mix and it's even worse, seeing him being led up climbs by Scarponi (who combines Ferrari and Fuentes in his history) whilst Manager Vino celebrates....
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #2249 on: Sunday, May 29, 2016, 15:39:49 »

That doesn't exactly fill me with confidence.....

Nibali can only beat who is put in front of him, but with the departure of Landa and facing a poorly organised Lotto Jumbo and inexperienced Chaves its not been a particularly strong field to beat?

For whatever reason I just cannot take to Nibali, plus bring Astana into the mix and it's even worse, seeing him being led up climbs by Scarponi (who combines Ferrari and Fuentes in his history) whilst Manager Vino celebrates....

Yes, I agree. OK the record will say that Nibali won, but for me as a fan, a winner has to do more, and I'm not convinced here.
Pages: 1 ... 147 148 149 [150] 151 152 153 ... 181   Go Up
Print
Jump to: