Pages: 1 ... 130 131 132 [133] 134 135 136 ... 181   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Cycling  (Read 742992 times)
Bewster

We fucking love you Gumbo!

Ignore
« Reply #1980 on: Thursday, July 2, 2015, 08:53:12 »

Went out for a spin on the new MTB last night (or as Bennett would put it "I was being a bit shit").

It is a lot different to my old bike, the forks aren't quite as good (this was an upgrade on my old bike) and don't have remote lockout. The whole cockpit area is a lot wider and closer so completely different geometry. It handles any lumps, roots, rocks with ease and is a lot less twitchy, more stable and give a lot more confidence going downhill on the rough stuff yet at the same time it is still very nimble. The ride seems a lot higher (obviously) and the wheels are massive in both width and height (currently running 2.2s). On the road it rolls smoothly and way better than my 26.

I would expect a 29er to be even better over rough stuff but for some reason I just didn't want one.
Bennett
No Comment

Ignore
« Reply #1981 on: Thursday, July 2, 2015, 18:25:26 »

Ha I knew that'd catch on!

This is the water.
And this is the well.
Drink full and descend.
The horse is the white of the eyes and dark within.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #1982 on: Thursday, July 2, 2015, 19:00:18 »

new bike ordered. stayed with a 26. Smiley
Bewster

Ignore
« Reply #1983 on: Thursday, July 2, 2015, 19:42:16 »

new bike ordered. stayed with a 26. Smiley

What ya get?
Ginginho

Ignore
« Reply #1984 on: Friday, July 3, 2015, 11:51:11 »

My mountain bikes fucked, had it 8-9 years now and beyond economical repair.
Going to get a hybrid tomorrow as I do a reasonable amount of miles but on predominantly road/cycle paths.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #1985 on: Friday, July 3, 2015, 12:10:50 »

What ya get?

Went with this in the end

http://www.evanscycles.com/products/trek/elite-88-2014-mountain-bike-ec042080

yes I could do with slightly more bollock clearance on stand over, but it felt a bit cramped on the 18.5. 

I say ordered, I've put £50 down but its going to take 4 weeks for work to sort the voucher out ..
Bewster

Ignore
« Reply #1986 on: Friday, July 3, 2015, 13:34:44 »

So you went for it in the end - good deal and great spec
Bewster

Ignore
« Reply #1987 on: Saturday, July 4, 2015, 06:52:31 »

Astana in doping non shock

Why can't they just be banned??
WEBBERhyde

Ignore
« Reply #1988 on: Sunday, July 5, 2015, 17:08:34 »

Great stage today on the tour. Might well see Quintana and Nibali attacking on the Mur de Huy tomorrow to claw some time back. Nicely set up already.

Re: Astana. Although its not exactly a doping story, as Boardman pointed out yesterday, its mega frustrating that Astana's voluntary inclusion to the MPCC was nothing more than token gesture to cool the heat on themselves, only for it to be dropped when it doesn't suit them a few months later.

Not that you'd expect any class and integrity from Vino, the slippery shitehouse.
Bewster

Ignore
« Reply #1989 on: Monday, July 6, 2015, 07:52:51 »

Watched a documentary last night on ITV 4 called "Taming the Badger" all about Hinault and Lemond back in the 80's.

Unbelievable what an absolute shit Hinault (and the team owner/coach) was to Lemond. Some epic racing back then.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #1990 on: Monday, July 6, 2015, 09:02:35 »

Watched a documentary last night on ITV 4 called "Taming the Badger" all about Hinault and Lemond back in the 80's.

Unbelievable what an absolute shit Hinault (and the team owner/coach) was to Lemond. Some epic racing back then.

It was about this time that Channel 4 started showing decent highlights of the Tour.  I'd been a bit of a fan of cycling since the mid 60's when The Milk Race used to finish a stage in Swindon....using the CG car park for support vehicles etc and the sprint down Queen's Drive. Les West was yer man.

However, the Tour was a read only sort of event....Tommy Simpson perishing on the Ventoux, might get some headlines and Barry Hoban could get a few column inches, but fellas like Anquetil, Felice Gimondi, and Raymond Poulidor, just names of fantasy.

The Eddie Merckx 70's....provided a name synonymous with domination, and you'd get some cyclists on Superstars. This always amused me, because you assumed anyone who could cycle all day would be super fit, but ask someone like Merckx to do pull ups on a bar, and he'd be fucked after about 3.

So when C4, started showing highlights, it was fantastic,  just loved Phil Liggett, and the intro music...this'll get you moist

« Last Edit: Monday, July 6, 2015, 10:08:31 by Reg Smeeton » Logged
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #1991 on: Tuesday, July 7, 2015, 05:45:50 »

Cancellara finished yesterday's stage with a broken back!  Eek
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #1992 on: Tuesday, July 7, 2015, 08:54:51 »

Cancellara finished yesterday's stage with a broken back!  Eek

Honoured the jersey and the race, but can't see him starting today.  That crash was horrible  Sad
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #1993 on: Tuesday, July 7, 2015, 09:43:45 »

He's already abandoned. A shame, because he would've been good value for today's stage.

Should be a good one for the classics riders today. I'd love to see Thomas do well but I'm sure Sky will have him marshaling Froome instead.

A bit too long a stage for the sprinters, I'd imagine either someone will go solo from 10km or so or maybe it's a day for Sagan or Degenkolb.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #1994 on: Tuesday, July 7, 2015, 09:53:52 »

He's already abandoned. A shame, because he would've been good value for today's stage.

Should be a good one for the classics riders today. I'd love to see Thomas do well but I'm sure Sky will have him marshaling Froome instead.

A bit too long a stage for the sprinters, I'd imagine either someone will go solo from 10km or so or maybe it's a day for Sagan or Degenkolb.

Not surprised...

Reckon if CF, can survive today upright and still in yellow, then he's taken a massive step towards winning.  Stage, could be for someone like GVA or Sepp Vanmarke.
Pages: 1 ... 130 131 132 [133] 134 135 136 ... 181   Go Up
Print
Jump to: