Pages: 1 ... 121 122 123 [124] 125 126 127 ... 181   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Cycling  (Read 737299 times)
Bewster

We fucking love you Gumbo!

Ignore
« Reply #1845 on: Wednesday, April 29, 2015, 18:23:47 »

Have you left a spacer above the stem? My mechanics all say a carbon steerer needs a spacer on top of the stem before tightening the top cap.

This really helped so many thanks. The steerer expander had also moved.

I had a professional bike fit today which was excellent and quite surprising. New stem and adjustmernts to saddle (height/forward), handlebars, cleats (cleat wedge on left side). Bike initially feels fantastic but I'll report back after a few rides.
fuzzy

A Bastard apparently

Ignore
« Reply #1846 on: Wednesday, April 29, 2015, 18:30:37 »

This really helped so many thanks. The steerer expander had also moved.

I had a professional bike fit today which was excellent and quite surprising. New stem and adjustmernts to saddle (height/forward), handlebars, cleats (cleat wedge on left side). Bike initially feels fantastic but I'll report back after a few rides.

Glad to be of help Bewster.

A bike fit can make a big difference with small adjusments can't it?
Bewster

Ignore
« Reply #1847 on: Wednesday, April 29, 2015, 19:30:51 »

So much so. Everything was so subtle but it just felt right. Biggest move was the saddle up 10mm.

Can't wait to test it out on the road.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #1848 on: Tuesday, May 5, 2015, 10:24:06 »

So much so. Everything was so subtle but it just felt right. Biggest move was the saddle up 10mm.

I have been meaning to have a bike fit for years, especially as my lower back seems to be getting worse as I get older - but I have always been fearful that they will find that my bike just doesn't fit me in the slightest - its a massive frame as I am 6'4".
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #1849 on: Tuesday, May 5, 2015, 10:25:52 »

I know this has been raised before (by me) but I cannot be bothered to trawl back through 100+ pages of this thread ( and I cannot use the search thing), what did we conclude were decent all round tyres that are not Gatorskins (as I cannot abide the consent battle getting them on and off!).

Sorry!
Bewster

Ignore
« Reply #1850 on: Tuesday, May 5, 2015, 11:08:38 »

I know this has been raised before (by me) but I cannot be bothered to trawl back through 100+ pages of this thread ( and I cannot use the search thing), what did we conclude were decent all round tyres that are not Gatorskins (as I cannot abide the consent battle getting them on and off!).

Sorry!

Continental GP4000s (folding) are my choice
Bewster

Ignore
« Reply #1851 on: Tuesday, May 5, 2015, 11:12:34 »

Had a good ride at the weekend on the bike - did 41ish miles. I can honestly say that it felt brilliant - I seem to be generating more power and thus more speed with less effort. I still got a sore neck and back ached a little but I'm expecting 10+ rides to get used to it.

The biggest change was on my legs - I find that my weaker left side fails to fully utilise hamstrings and glutes through the pedal stroke but this was significantly improved. So far so good
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #1852 on: Tuesday, May 5, 2015, 11:16:25 »

I need to work on my setup. Still getting a niggly knee pain after rides which no amount of cleat or saddle adjustment seems to fix. I've always had problems with the ankle on that same leg, so I'm putting it down to a mobility thing. I reckon it's something I'll just have to deal with (with the aid of my foam roller).
fuzzy

A Bastard apparently

Ignore
« Reply #1853 on: Tuesday, May 5, 2015, 12:36:31 »

I need to work on my setup. Still getting a niggly knee pain after rides which no amount of cleat or saddle adjustment seems to fix. I've always had problems with the ankle on that same leg, so I'm putting it down to a mobility thing. I reckon it's something I'll just have to deal with (with the aid of my foam roller).

Try getting yourself checked out for wedges under the cleats of inside the shoe- if your natural foot position is cambered, this might account for pain in the knee/ ankle as you compensate.
Samdy Gray

Ignore
« Reply #1854 on: Tuesday, May 5, 2015, 12:52:58 »

That was next on the list, along with longer pedal spindles.
Bewster

Ignore
« Reply #1855 on: Tuesday, May 5, 2015, 12:58:35 »

Try getting yourself checked out for wedges under the cleats of inside the shoe- if your natural foot position is cambered, this might account for pain in the knee/ ankle as you compensate.

I had a wedge put under my left cleat last week - its seems to work.

http://www.sigmasport.co.uk/item/Bikefit/3-Hole-Cleat-Wedge-single/MH4?gclid=CjwKEAjw1KGqBRC55bru-sa7zCcSJAAxsBf5beze73952hNDZCYMjpaM2cl_XztzYvG1ms8ZkHrzsBoCB7rw_wcB
Bewster

Ignore
« Reply #1856 on: Tuesday, May 5, 2015, 16:11:42 »

Is Bennett doing this Nationwide Cycle thing ?
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #1857 on: Tuesday, May 5, 2015, 16:20:37 »

Reading about all this set up stuff, does make me smile......I've been getting on and pedalling basic bikes for years, often doing decent miles, and never had anything like a strain, in the knee, ankle, thigh, back etc.

Numb bum, stiff wrists, and a desire for some EPO to get over the lactic acid...yes.  Maybe I've just been lucky.
Samdy Gray

Ignore
« Reply #1858 on: Tuesday, May 5, 2015, 17:21:23 »

Is Bennett doing this Nationwide Cycle thing ?

Yep, I believe so. Yesterday's Berwick to Gateshead profile looked challenging!
Bewster

Ignore
« Reply #1859 on: Tuesday, May 5, 2015, 21:22:27 »

Yep, I believe so. Yesterday's Berwick to Gateshead profile looked challenging!

Excellent. I saw the rides on strava and wondered what he was up to then saw the adver website and it clicked. Yes it did look very challenging indeed, bet he is feeling it today.
Pages: 1 ... 121 122 123 [124] 125 126 127 ... 181   Go Up
Print
Jump to: