Pages: 1 ... 65 66 67 [68] 69 70 71 ... 181   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Cycling  (Read 741205 times)
Bewster

We fucking love you Gumbo!

Ignore
« Reply #1005 on: Friday, January 3, 2014, 08:54:09 »

the link i used previously recommending the fizik one. tis black n white.

ok, ignore me. Cheers
« Last Edit: Friday, January 3, 2014, 09:21:29 by Bewster » Logged
Bewster

Ignore
« Reply #1006 on: Friday, January 3, 2014, 08:57:40 »

Were they cheap cos of the colour, I got a pair of Shimano ones for £60 reduced from £160, I suspect becuase they are silver and look like dancing shoes! They look better now that they are shit up!

Have any of you tried Shimano shoes, it may just be my feet but I find them a little narrow?

I have the R106, red and white and they are a good fit, but I guess I don't have overly wide feet
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #1007 on: Friday, January 3, 2014, 09:33:03 »

Have any of you tried Shimano shoes, it may just be my feet but I find them a little narrow?

Common complaint. Nearly bought some for my MTB and loads of people (in the bargain thread) advised to go bigger than your show size.
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #1008 on: Friday, January 3, 2014, 09:57:17 »

I've got Shimano R88s, they're not too narrow but I did go a size up based on online reviews.

The trouble with Shimano shoes is they're built to Euro sizes rather than UK, so the UK size is generally just an rough indicator of nearest size.
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #1009 on: Friday, January 3, 2014, 10:51:19 »

Aye would be good, just a little too far for me!

TEF summer tour of Lancashire?
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #1010 on: Friday, January 3, 2014, 10:53:31 »

I've got Shimano R88s, they're not too narrow but I did go a size up based on online reviews.

The trouble with Shimano shoes is they're built to Euro sizes rather than UK, so the UK size is generally just an rough indicator of nearest size.

Mine are the R160 with mouldable soles, which I have never bothered with. They are fine just seem tight accross the foot - they are a 13 and I normally take an 11.

I have tried on some Specialized shoes which were dead comfy but cannot really justify when need to buy other stuff!
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #1011 on: Friday, January 3, 2014, 10:54:05 »

Indeed, or Cumbria? I need to get some road miles in before hills become an option again though!
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #1012 on: Friday, January 3, 2014, 11:38:11 »

Tour de Yorkshire might be better....I propose a roll out from Leeds on the 5th July and finish in Harrogate.  I've recently met a bird from Harrogate, sadly English, she tells me the roads will be closed that day.
Bennett
No Comment

Ignore
« Reply #1013 on: Friday, January 3, 2014, 23:42:02 »

anyone fancy doing this?
http://www.wiggle.co.uk/wiggle-super-series-wiggle-new-forest-sat-spring-sportive-std-2014/

or

http://www.cotswoldspringclassic.co.uk/

60 miles must be something you can build up to within 4 months...right?
« Last Edit: Saturday, January 4, 2014, 00:17:24 by bennett » Logged

This is the water.
And this is the well.
Drink full and descend.
The horse is the white of the eyes and dark within.
STFC_Chris
Charlie Croker

Ignore
« Reply #1014 on: Saturday, January 4, 2014, 04:03:24 »

Might be worth having a look at the Great Western  Sportive as well, if you're looking for a local one. It's normally on fathers day and uses Nationwide on Pipers Way as start/finish.

Couple of notable hills being Hackpen hill and the one coming out of Ogbourne St George.
Bewster

Ignore
« Reply #1015 on: Saturday, January 4, 2014, 11:42:28 »

anyone fancy doing this?
http://www.wiggle.co.uk/wiggle-super-series-wiggle-new-forest-sat-spring-sportive-std-2014/
or

I did a new forest sportive last year and it is  surprisingly hilly.  Should be more than enough time to get to 60 if you can get out a couple of times a week includfng a long ride at the weekend. If you can do 75% of the distance then with correct fueling it should be fine.
Bennett
No Comment

Ignore
« Reply #1016 on: Saturday, January 4, 2014, 12:02:48 »

Might be worth having a look at the Great Western  Sportive as well, if you're looking for a local one. It's normally on fathers day and uses Nationwide on Pipers Way as start/finish.

Couple of notable hills being Hackpen hill and the one coming out of Ogbourne St George.

cheers chris, i'll look into that one also!

This is the water.
And this is the well.
Drink full and descend.
The horse is the white of the eyes and dark within.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #1017 on: Saturday, January 4, 2014, 12:08:44 »

anyone fancy doing this?

or

There's some nasty hills in the Cotswolds....I used to cycle over to Stroud a fair bit, and could never find a route which avoided Cowcombe Hill, unless wishing to tack a good few miles on to the journey and still having to deal with the steep stuff around Michinhampton. Lovely lanes for pedalling though.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #1018 on: Saturday, January 4, 2014, 12:15:01 »

Is the OSG hill, the one up past the side of the golf course....lovely run down into Aldbourne as a reward for making the effort.
Bewster

Ignore
« Reply #1019 on: Saturday, January 4, 2014, 13:23:05 »

Thats a killer hill and it's also really good to climb up from Aldbourne and have fast descent.
Pages: 1 ... 65 66 67 [68] 69 70 71 ... 181   Go Up
Print
Jump to: