Pages: 1 ... 47 48 49 [50] 51 52   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: NEW SKIPPER  (Read 83635 times)
DRS

« Reply #735 on: Thursday, August 23, 2012, 13:08:13 »

Yes you can, every situation is different. The Clarke spat was played out in front of millions of people and the Caddis/Karrouche affair was behind closed doors, apart from the press conference and subsequent interview PDC gave in Caddis' case.

Paolo has had more fallings out with players (in public) than any other manager for us in the past 20 years but on the flip side he's also had more success.

The situation could have been handled a lot better by all parties, of that there is no doubt.

I would rather have PDC than Caddis and that is the choice of the board so bye bye Caddis and lets hope the other players aren't pissed off if they feel caddis has been harshly treated.
He publicly slated kerouche and even said his nan can run further
Ginginho

Ignore
« Reply #736 on: Thursday, August 23, 2012, 13:11:12 »

I thikn this kind of situation could be what stops PDC from going all the way as a manager, when you get bigger players on bigger wages at bigger clubs they wont put up with being treated this way.

Could you imagine this happening to Torres when he went through his dry spell as an example

There are certain times things need to be kept private and dealt with behind closed doors and unfortunetly I think if this had been dealt with this way then we may see a different outcome.

But there are also time when players need a bit of comforting and this increases their confidence but I cannot see PDC being that type of manager

I disagree, a lot of managers could learn from Paolo's no nonsense stance.

If what's been said is true, that Caddis has been angling for a move and his attitude has changed because of this, then Paolo's treatment has been spot on.
fittons_coaching_badge

Ignore
« Reply #737 on: Thursday, August 23, 2012, 13:18:51 »

I disagree, a lot of managers could learn from Paolo's no nonsense stance.

If what's been said is true, that Caddis has been angling for a move and his attitude has changed because of this, then Paolo's treatment has been spot on.

Who knows what the real truth is. 

So assuming Caddis does go to Brum on loan initially with a view to a perm move .... Is a fee agreed in advance?  Do we get a loan fee?
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #738 on: Thursday, August 23, 2012, 13:22:22 »

This thread is now at 50 pages.

FIFTY PAGES.
Ginginho

Ignore
« Reply #739 on: Thursday, August 23, 2012, 13:25:26 »

We need Ben back with his random threads.

Yeo used to be good for a random thread, but he doesn't post much any more.
DMR

« Reply #740 on: Thursday, August 23, 2012, 13:26:58 »

It's nice to see some interesting football discussion for once. Only 80% bollocks required remember.
Jimmy Glass is an Alien

« Reply #741 on: Thursday, August 23, 2012, 13:29:45 »

I thikn this kind of situation could be what stops PDC from going all the way as a manager, when you get bigger players on bigger wages at bigger clubs they wont put up with being treated this way.

Could you imagine this happening to Torres when he went through his dry spell as an example

There are certain times things need to be kept private and dealt with behind closed doors and unfortunetly I think if this had been dealt with this way then we may see a different outcome.

But there are also time when players need a bit of comforting and this increases their confidence but I cannot see PDC being that type of manager

I disagree. The only difference between PDC and say SAF is that at Swindon we have to be careful not to devalue an asset as we don't have many other revenue streams, whereas at Man U for example they can afford to discard a player if they don't pull their weight.
@MacPhlea

Ignore
« Reply #742 on: Thursday, August 23, 2012, 13:36:05 »

I disagree. The only difference between PDC and say SAF is that at Swindon we have to be careful not to devalue an asset as we don't have many other revenue streams, whereas at Man U for example they can afford to discard a player if they don't pull their weight.
The other point about SAF is that he has built a culture that is now embedded in the club as a whole - there are no exceptions...

As a 'plus' point, the view of this whole thing makes other clubs less interested in Di Canio, who to me, is a far bigger asset to STFC than any one of the players in our squad...
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #743 on: Thursday, August 23, 2012, 13:39:17 »

As a 'plus' point, the view of this whole thing makes other clubs less interested in Di Canio, who to me, is a far bigger asset to STFC than any one of the players in our squad...

Youre only saying that because he nicked your lawnmower off you the other night, which meant you could stand around doing fuck all Wink
Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« Reply #744 on: Thursday, August 23, 2012, 13:41:01 »

Bbc have tweeted possible 6 month loan to birmingham.

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
Dozno9

« Reply #745 on: Thursday, August 23, 2012, 13:41:08 »

He publicly slated kerouche and even said his nan can run further

Yes, but she's fucking quick.

My point is the initial falling out was behind closed doors.
Baggins

Ignore
« Reply #746 on: Thursday, August 23, 2012, 13:42:06 »

Yes, but she's fucking quick.

My point is the initial falling out was behind closed doors.

As far as we know, so was his falling out with Caddis. 
Saxondale

Ignore
« Reply #747 on: Thursday, August 23, 2012, 13:43:20 »

Im fed up of all this.  Is NEWS KIPPER the new News Monkey?

Never knowingly overstated.
Dozno9

« Reply #748 on: Thursday, August 23, 2012, 13:46:25 »

As far as we know, so was his falling out with Caddis. 

It was until the press conference and interviews in the stands with PDC then radio and press interviews with Caddis. Then Wray got involved, Benson, McCormack, everybodys had an opinion.

Caddis could be wrong, PDC could be wrong none of us will ever know, it's best one of them fuck off asap if they can't sort it out.
Dr Pierre Chang
ITK Curran lover

Ignore
« Reply #749 on: Thursday, August 23, 2012, 14:05:47 »

Fucking hell Caddis is over rated. In his last spell in League 1 he was garbage and he still struggles defensively now.

Get a fee and move on.
Pages: 1 ... 47 48 49 [50] 51 52   Go Up
Print
Jump to: