Pages: 1 ... 46 47 48 [49] 50 51 52   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: NEW SKIPPER  (Read 83634 times)
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #720 on: Thursday, August 23, 2012, 12:29:56 »

At least he can say Hi to the worlds biggest bottler, David Lucas
DRS

« Reply #721 on: Thursday, August 23, 2012, 12:30:17 »

Sometimes i feel i just biasedly support dicanio but i really do not see how this is his fault? People banging on about the way he dealt with it have very short memories,they were happy when it was leon clarke.You can't pick and choose what players you talk about.

If like what is being suggested caddis has been causing problems and angling for a move then dicanio has dealt with this in the right way.

Paolos 2 previous public spats were with kerouche and clarke, he was right was he not?Only way i would loan him is if we can get someone in on loan in return
tans

Ignore
« Reply #722 on: Thursday, August 23, 2012, 12:31:43 »

Sometimes i feel i just biasedly support dicanio but i really do not see how this is his fault? People banging on about the way he dealt with it have very short memories,they were happy when it was leon clarke.You can't pick and choose what players you talk about.

If like what is being suggested caddis has been causing problems and angling for a move then dicanio has dealt with this in the right way.

Paolos 2 previous public spats were with kerouche and clarke, he was right was he not?Only way i would loan him is if we can get someone in on loan in return

Swap for Redmond
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #723 on: Thursday, August 23, 2012, 12:32:34 »

I too am fully behind Paolo in this.

And yes we could do with a good loanee coming in, one of their youngsters as full back cover maybe.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Power to people

Ignore
« Reply #724 on: Thursday, August 23, 2012, 12:50:22 »

I thikn this kind of situation could be what stops PDC from going all the way as a manager, when you get bigger players on bigger wages at bigger clubs they wont put up with being treated this way.

Could you imagine this happening to Torres when he went through his dry spell as an example

There are certain times things need to be kept private and dealt with behind closed doors and unfortunetly I think if this had been dealt with this way then we may see a different outcome.

But there are also time when players need a bit of comforting and this increases their confidence but I cannot see PDC being that type of manager
DRS

« Reply #725 on: Thursday, August 23, 2012, 12:52:44 »

I thikn this kind of situation could be what stops PDC from going all the way as a manager, when you get bigger players on bigger wages at bigger clubs they wont put up with being treated this way.

Could you imagine this happening to Torres when he went through his dry spell as an example

There are certain times things need to be kept private and dealt with behind closed doors and unfortunetly I think if this had been dealt with this way then we may see a different outcome.

But there are also time when players need a bit of comforting and this increases their confidence but I cannot see PDC being that type of manager
DiCanio paises his players more than he bollocks them.
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #726 on: Thursday, August 23, 2012, 12:53:19 »

I've decided that I don't give a fuck what happens so long as it happens quickly.

There are 44 more pressing.issues ahead of us
Peter Venkman

« Reply #727 on: Thursday, August 23, 2012, 12:53:46 »

Funnily enough I was chatting to another TEF member yesterday about exactly this.

mrverve

Ignore
« Reply #728 on: Thursday, August 23, 2012, 12:54:08 »

You have to take every situation on its own.

I just don't like the way Paolo has criticised Caddis in public, that's all. I'll never agree with him on that.  

I love what PDC has done at this football club so far and long may it continue.
Baggins

Ignore
« Reply #729 on: Thursday, August 23, 2012, 12:54:53 »

This has been said a few times on this thread.  Paolo is only at the beginning of his second year of management.  Just as players learn through experience in their playing careers, managers do the same.  I have no doubt that Paolo is constantly learning his trade as a manager and will improve as he gains experience.  I actually think his first season shows that he may have the ability to go a long way in management as he learns from his experiences.  He's not done too badly so far after all...
tans

Ignore
« Reply #730 on: Thursday, August 23, 2012, 12:55:49 »

Id say he was perfectly entitled to criticise him in public if his attitude is shot to shit
tans

Ignore
« Reply #731 on: Thursday, August 23, 2012, 12:55:59 »

Casal's coming back anyway
fittons_coaching_badge

Ignore
« Reply #732 on: Thursday, August 23, 2012, 13:03:20 »

I heard Kim Heiselberg was on his way
Peter Venkman

« Reply #733 on: Thursday, August 23, 2012, 13:03:41 »

Jason Drysdale.....shudders.

Dozno9

« Reply #734 on: Thursday, August 23, 2012, 13:05:56 »

You can't pick and choose what players you talk about.

Yes you can, every situation is different. The Clarke spat was played out in front of millions of people and the Caddis/Karrouche affair was behind closed doors, apart from the press conference and subsequent interview PDC gave in Caddis' case.

Paolo has had more fallings out with players (in public) than any other manager for us in the past 20 years but on the flip side he's also had more success.

The situation could have been handled a lot better by all parties, of that there is no doubt.

I would rather have PDC than Caddis and that is the choice of the board so bye bye Caddis and lets hope the other players aren't pissed off if they feel caddis has been harshly treated.
Pages: 1 ... 46 47 48 [49] 50 51 52   Go Up
Print
Jump to: