Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6] 7   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Tia Sharp  (Read 12145 times)
adje

Ignore
« Reply #75 on: Saturday, August 11, 2012, 15:57:41 »

Why waste money on keeping them alive?

I mean he wouldnt want to kill anyone

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
Dozno9

« Reply #76 on: Saturday, August 11, 2012, 16:15:46 »

Exactly, which negates the 'hanging is cheaper' argument.

No it doesnt Huntley will be in prison for 30 years minimum.

Prisoners now have numerous case and sentence appeals for the first years anyway so that cost remains whether you have CP or not.
« Last Edit: Saturday, August 11, 2012, 16:26:51 by Azza » Logged
Dozno9

« Reply #77 on: Saturday, August 11, 2012, 16:20:59 »

I mean he wouldnt want to kill anyone

If they raped and murdered my child it would be a pleasure and I think the state should do that act on behalf of all victims families.
ghanimah

Ignore
« Reply #78 on: Saturday, August 11, 2012, 16:39:59 »

If they raped and murdered my child it would be a pleasure and I think the state should do that act on behalf of all victims families.

Presumably then you'll find it a pleasure to be hanged for something you didn't do and for you to see your grief sicken parents to visit you just before you swing...?

"We perform the duties of freemen; we must have the privileges of freemen ..."
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #79 on: Saturday, August 11, 2012, 17:14:50 »

As far as I'm concerned you should lose your human rights when you make the decision to take someone elses life and it's time a life sentence meant exatly that rather than 17 or 18 years, which seems to be a common tarriff.

If human rights are not applied universally then they are not human rights. They are 'good human' rights. And then you have to find a universally acceptable definition of what makes somebody good enough to have those rights.

There's a huge debate in legal cricles now about so-called human rights not applying to certain groups, such as the disabled and children, thereby implying that they are somehow subhuman. Interesting stuff.
jonny72

Ignore
« Reply #80 on: Saturday, August 11, 2012, 17:58:37 »

It's reminded me of that woman who went missing in Bristol, the Police arrested the landlord and then the press pronounced him guilty and performed a total character assassination. Except it wasn't him. Even if it was him you have to wonder if he'd ever have received a fair trial given the press coverage and as a result, if they'd have been able to get a guilty conviction without an admission.

So it will be interesting to see how the press behave this time. Have a feeling it will be pretty much the same.

Not saying anyone is innocent (or guilty) but having the press pronounce them as guilty before they're convicted isn't good.
otanswell

Fuck em all...

Ignore
« Reply #81 on: Saturday, August 11, 2012, 18:20:58 »

The people on the news from the estate looked like extras for the Jeremy Kyle show. Most of them should have been sterilised at birth.

Granted there are loads of immigrants and benefit thieves but not all of us are like that. I didn't have a choice but to move there, when a housing association offers you a property you can't turn it down as you will go back to the bottom of the list. And I live in the nice end with all the coffin dodgers

« Reply #82 on: Saturday, August 11, 2012, 18:21:12 »

Presumably then you'll find it a pleasure to be hanged for something you didn't do and for you to see your grief sicken parents to visit you just before you swing...?

No but then I don't agree with innocent people being hanged, kind of defeats the objective.
« Last Edit: Saturday, August 11, 2012, 18:24:33 by Azza » Logged
LucienSanchez

Is this hospital called St. Croc of Shit?!

Ignore
« Reply #83 on: Sunday, August 12, 2012, 00:05:16 »

You could just send them all into space and try and set up a colony on the moon or something. If they die it's no biggie.

Like a new Australia?

We made a promise we swore we'd always remember... no retreat, baby, no surrender
Coca Fola

« Reply #84 on: Sunday, August 12, 2012, 00:52:14 »

I see what you did there and that's a fair point.
joteddyred

Ignore
« Reply #85 on: Sunday, August 12, 2012, 09:56:46 »

So the grandmother's boyfriend has been charged, but the grandmother has been bailed.  I still can't see how she knew nothing and would be surprised if the rest of the family didn't think the same.  I wonder where she'll go, can't see her being able to go anywhere near that estate?
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #86 on: Sunday, August 12, 2012, 11:08:44 »

Shes goe looting at poundland

Ignore
« Reply #87 on: Sunday, August 12, 2012, 18:49:37 »

My mrs sky+'d the programme about Holly Wells parents 10 years after the Soham murders.
As this thread and that got my interest i googled Ian Huntley. There are theories out there that he was set up and is innocent. The main theory being that a US serviceman killed them. Pretty haunting stuff and definately food for thought
DRS

« Reply #88 on: Sunday, August 12, 2012, 20:16:47 »

My mrs sky+'d the programme about Holly Wells parents 10 years after the Soham murders.
As this thread and that got my interest i googled Ian Huntley. There are theories out there that he was set up and is innocent. The main theory being that a US serviceman killed them. Pretty haunting stuff and definately food for thought
But he admitted they both died infront of him 'by accident'
RWB Robin

Ignore
« Reply #89 on: Monday, August 13, 2012, 08:26:06 »

To be released on bail simply means that investigations are continuing, and that the person is not considered to be a risk to anyone in the meantime.  If she skips bail, of course, then that becomes more serious.
Will not make for an easy life for the lady in question however because, regardless of the truth, she will face the revulsion of the people around her - not just for the crime, but for the relationship with her boyfriend.  Public opinion, ably fed by the tabloids hath no control.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6] 7   Go Up
Print
Jump to: