Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Powerpoint training  (Read 10552 times)
Flashheart

« Reply #45 on: Thursday, August 9, 2012, 14:45:38 »

I've got images of people sat in a classroom learning powerpoint or other software, where they don't even know what a double click or the enter button is yet (and the monitor is off). Select "Zoom in from left". Yeah, right. 
jonny72

Ignore
« Reply #46 on: Thursday, August 9, 2012, 15:01:43 »

I've got images of people sat in a classroom learning powerpoint or other software, where they don't even know what a double click or the enter button is yet (and the monitor is off). Select "Zoom in from left". Yeah, right. 

Nothing surprises me anymore. From experience, I've learnt the first thing to check if a server keeps powering down is that someone isn't pulling out the power supply to plugin their phone charger or a hoover.
slinky

i'm lovin' it

Ignore
« Reply #47 on: Thursday, August 9, 2012, 15:14:19 »

Nothing surprises me anymore. From experience, I've learnt the first thing to check if a server keeps powering down is that someone isn't pulling out the power supply to plugin their phone charger or a hoover.

What the fuck are they doing in the server room?   
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #48 on: Thursday, August 9, 2012, 15:16:26 »

Hoovering, or charging their phone?
jonny72

Ignore
« Reply #49 on: Thursday, August 9, 2012, 15:25:30 »

What the fuck are they doing in the server room?  

Server room? A lot of smaller companies don't even have a server cabinet. I know how stupid that is but some people view getting a new water cooler or coffee machine as more important than protecting their server with a cabinet. Though that normally changes when someone spills a cup of coffee from the aforementioned new coffee machine on the server.
« Last Edit: Thursday, August 9, 2012, 15:27:03 by jonny72 » Logged
DMR

« Reply #50 on: Thursday, August 9, 2012, 15:28:25 »

www.upssystems.co.uk
jonny72

Ignore
« Reply #51 on: Thursday, August 9, 2012, 15:33:04 »

Unless you're going to spend a shit load of money on a UPS system, all they do is clean the power and allow a controlled shutdown of the server when power is lost.
pvsmark

Ignore
« Reply #52 on: Thursday, August 9, 2012, 15:53:30 »

If you can't turn a computer on, you shouldn't being using a computer. There, I said it.

PS, I've worked in IT support for 12 years, I have no formal qualifications. Today, I installed some SSL certificates on a load balancer to get an internal website working on port 443. I did not know how to do this, so I learned. Using Google.

Exactly I'm self taught on everything from CAD to SQL the trick is not to worry about doing something wrong and just see what happens when you try something.

Give this a go as it should help with the basics and there are more advanced ones on the site also
http://bookboon.com/en/business-ebooks/office/microsoft-office-powerpoint
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: