Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Cycling to work  (Read 16498 times)
Ginginho

Ignore
« Reply #45 on: Thursday, August 2, 2012, 16:52:50 »

Hehe. I did have one, but my "commute" to work is only a couple of miles and is mostly paths/cycle paths, so don't feel it's necessary to wear one. If I ever plan to do any serious cycling, then i'd wear one.
steptoe41

Ignore
« Reply #46 on: Thursday, August 2, 2012, 18:51:40 »

I cycle to work every day and although it's only a couple of miles there and back it has made a difference to my overall fitness and I can now walk round the the golf course and play 18 holes without feeling like a fucking leper by the time I have finished.
I also used to wear a helmet all the time but found that car/bus/van/taxi drivers saw it as an open invite to cut you up, ignore you or basically just try to kill you.
Now I have stopped wearing one people do seem to be less intent on knocking me off for some strange reason. You do still get the odd silly Cunt (usually in a BMW) who thinks that because you are on a bike you are fair game, but a well aimed kick at an expensive wing mirror or threatening to rip the twats fucking arms off usually works a treat.
thedarkprince

Hubba-hubba

Ignore
« Reply #47 on: Thursday, August 2, 2012, 19:07:05 »

How the fuck do you read that Reddit page? All I see is comments in what appears to be a random order. No idea where the first post is.
thedarkprince

Hubba-hubba

Ignore
« Reply #48 on: Thursday, August 2, 2012, 19:09:11 »

Ah, helps if I had read the comments at the top. It's been taken down out of respect to the poor bloke's family.
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #49 on: Thursday, August 2, 2012, 20:52:33 »

I cycle to work every day and although it's only a couple of miles there and back it has made a difference to my overall fitness and I can now walk round the the golf course and play 18 holes without feeling like a fucking leper by the time I have finished.
I also used to wear a helmet all the time but found that car/bus/van/taxi drivers saw it as an open invite to cut you up, ignore you or basically just try to kill you.
Now I have stopped wearing one people do seem to be less intent on knocking me off for some strange reason. You do still get the odd silly Cunt (usually in a BMW) who thinks that because you are on a bike you are fair game, but a well aimed kick at an expensive wing mirror or threatening to rip the twats fucking arms off usually works a treat.

Fact is it dosnt need an idiot in a car for you to fall or get knocked off....most deaths and injuries are a result of the cyclist falling off due to speed or loss of concentration.....GET YOU HELMET BACK ON STEPTOE.

The sense of wearing a helmet is obvious.....same for you Ginghino,you fall and hit your head its goodnight......manic drivers or no manic drivers.
Flashheart

« Reply #50 on: Thursday, August 2, 2012, 21:05:27 »

I that really a fact Leefer?

genf_stfc

Ignore
« Reply #51 on: Saturday, September 8, 2012, 08:29:21 »

You want one of these

http://www.eta.co.uk/2011/04/01/safest-bicycle-helmet-has-built-wig
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #52 on: Saturday, September 8, 2012, 08:48:01 »

[url width=624 height=468]http://www.hotlikesauce.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/01/Hair-Helmet.png[/url]

Things get better but they never get good
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #53 on: Saturday, September 8, 2012, 09:11:33 »

you beat me to it Dave
genf_stfc

Ignore
« Reply #54 on: Saturday, September 8, 2012, 09:16:14 »

Actually, check out the link at the end of that page. i like the flame thrower idea!
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: