Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Bradley Wiggins  (Read 19528 times)
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #45 on: Sunday, July 22, 2012, 14:37:06 »

What time is expected to finish...

Probably in next 30-45 minutes if that. There are around 38k's left
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #46 on: Sunday, July 22, 2012, 14:38:51 »

I think there are more skills than you think
I didn't really think that through to be fair. I'm always amazed that there are so few crashes when you have so many bikes so close together riding at high speed.
horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #47 on: Sunday, July 22, 2012, 14:42:10 »

Oh and Jens Voight is on the front at the moment, a true cycling hero - in his 40's, and a complete nutter - known for shouting 'shut up legs' when he is suffering!
horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #48 on: Sunday, July 22, 2012, 14:44:51 »

I've enjoyed it watching it again this year although I'd be lying if i said I really understood it. It always makes me want to buy a road bike,then I remember i'm 41 and clinically obese.

Nah come on, be a MAMIL like the rest of us!
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #49 on: Sunday, July 22, 2012, 15:04:55 »

Oh an for cycling skills see Sagan, bet you can't do this (especially on a first category climb!!)....

Haha! That's insane  Cool
Abrahammer

A legitimate dude sighting

Ignore
« Reply #50 on: Sunday, July 22, 2012, 15:27:56 »

Sky again showing their strength, perfect lead out for Cav and nobody was gonna get close to him.

Same again next Saturday hopefully when Wiggins, Froome, etc will be racing on behalf of Cav.
horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #51 on: Sunday, July 22, 2012, 15:28:06 »

Job done, and a Cavendish win!
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #52 on: Sunday, July 22, 2012, 15:28:41 »

Well that was brilliant...
Summerof69

Ignore
« Reply #53 on: Sunday, July 22, 2012, 15:56:13 »

Wiggins, when given a microphone in the final ceremony : 'I'm about to draw the raffle prize...'

BAZINGA !!

Join the Red Army Fund and donate at www.redarmyfund.co.uk

Join the Football Supporters Federation for FREE at www.fsf.org.uk/join.php
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #54 on: Sunday, July 22, 2012, 15:56:31 »

Heh! heh!

I'm now going to draw the raffle numbers....

Legend Cool
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #55 on: Sunday, July 22, 2012, 19:58:45 »

For those perhaps who've not picked up on cycling before, there is a season of races, which operate throughout the year, and have their own history and fascination. The major teams in order to get a licence, have to have a squad of about 25 riders, so that they can rotate and put teams into all the events.

The season essentially starts in early spring, with such races as Liege...Basogne... Liege, and the Amstel Gold Race, and the classic Paris Roubaix....then Giro and longer races like the Criterium du Dauphine, and Paris Nice, both of which Wiggins won this year...the Vuelta, is usually the back end of August, but seems earlier this year.

Like a lot of sports, there are other countries which are trying to force their way onto the calendar, like Australia, America nd the inevitable Middle Eastern interest.

Eurosport do a great job of showing these less well known rides....coming up is the San Sebastian classic, which is lagely in the Basque country, quite mountainous and hot, and will probably be won by a rider from Euskaltel, with a lot of xx's and zz's in his name.

I may be the only one on here, who can remember when the Milk Race stage finished by the CG after a sprint down Queen's Drive, to be won by Les West.
Flashheart

« Reply #56 on: Sunday, July 22, 2012, 20:24:30 »

I love cycling.

I used to have well nice bikes when back in blighty. Spent 1,500 quid on one once (specialized rockhopper).  I'd go everywhere on it. I went to work, went to the pub, to the shops and I'd often disappear for a day or so on the ridge-way and on the downs and what not. It's amazing how far you can get and what you can see with a bike.

But for the life of me..... I just can't find enjoyment in just watching other people cycling.

OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #57 on: Sunday, July 22, 2012, 20:48:05 »

I may be the only one on here, who can remember when the Milk Race stage finished by the CG after a sprint down Queen's Drive, to be won by Les West.
I don't specifically remember Les West or it finishing at the CG but I certainly do remember being taken to see the Milk Race a couple of times in the 70's. I think it was somewhere near Hungerford...or would they actually have come through Aldbourne? I'm really a bit foggy on this one Hmmm
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #58 on: Sunday, July 22, 2012, 20:54:10 »

I love cycling.

I used to have well nice bikes when back in blighty. Spent 1,500 quid on one once (specialized rockhopper).  I'd go everywhere on it. I went to work, went to the pub, to the shops and I'd often disappear for a day or so on the ridge-way and on the downs and what not. It's amazing how far you can get and what you can see with a bike.

But for the life of me..... I just can't find enjoyment in just watching other people cycling.

I don't watch the stages live (apart from today), just the condensed highlights on ITV4 which I have found to be very entertaining. Paul Sherwin and Phil Leggett possibly need to be pensioned off but Gary Imlach and Chris Boardman are very good.

On a very geeky level, I absolutely love all the aerial photography - it is really spectacular, whether it be the Alps, Pyranees or just regular towns or countryside. Some of the shots of Paris today were fantastic.
bullethead

Ignore
« Reply #59 on: Sunday, July 22, 2012, 21:28:33 »

I'm firmly in the bloody love the Tour de France category. The one hour highlight show is the way to watch it definitely. Always amazed at the ball breaking effort the riders put in and the sheer guts they have to hurtle at 70k down a mountain! Wiggins is a class act and so is Cav, his sprint win on Friday was sensational.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6   Go Up
Print
Jump to: