Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Bradley Wiggins  (Read 19540 times)
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: Sunday, July 22, 2012, 08:42:53 »

And today they're even more relaxed on what makes up the peloton (so I've heard/read), meaning most if not all the riders will get the same time in todays stage - barring any unforeseen circumstances.

Wiggins should definitely get SPOTY, first Englishman and British bloke to win it in history, should also lead to arise 'Sir Fucking Wanker... Cunts' at some stage.
Chubbs

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: Sunday, July 22, 2012, 08:44:35 »

I fucking love Wiggo...
racist
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: Sunday, July 22, 2012, 08:55:15 »

And today they're even more relaxed on what makes up the peloton (so I've heard/read), meaning most if not all the riders will get the same time in todays stage - barring any unforeseen circumstances.

Wiggins should definitely get SPOTY, first Englishman and British bloke to win it in history, should also lead to arise 'Sir Fucking Wanker... Cunts' at some stage.
Could you explain that last bit? I lost you there Huh?
herthab
TEF Travel

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: Sunday, July 22, 2012, 09:12:09 »

He must be fit as fuck, but can someone explain what skills are involved? Without the team he wouldn't have won would he? Fantastic achievement, but not something I'd spend time watching.

It's All Good..............
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: Sunday, July 22, 2012, 09:15:05 »

To be fair it must be pure endurance. The stages aren't exactly small. Its a great achievement in my opinion more so given the fact that Wiggins is already an Olympic gold medalist. He has pretty much done it all now. Fair play to him.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: Sunday, July 22, 2012, 09:39:38 »

Wiggins is team leader on the tour. He was selected because he was most likely to win overall given this years course.

Turns out froome was strong in the mountains but his and every other team sky rider job was to support Wiggins. That's what they signed up on big money for.

I guess the attributes are incredible fitness and endurance. When you have a 150km ride including a couple of  mountains then do it all again the next day you have to be superhuman!
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: Sunday, July 22, 2012, 10:18:59 »

Wiggins is team leader on the tour. He was selected because he was most likely to win overall given this years course.

Turns out froome was strong in the mountains but his and every other team sky rider job was to support Wiggins. That's what they signed up on big money for.

I guess the attributes are incredible fitness and endurance. When you have a 150km ride including a couple of  mountains then do it all again the next day you have to be superhuman!
Exactly. If the Tour De France had never happened before and was only just being invented and you told me this is what it involved, over a period of three weeks with two rest days I would have to have responded, "Fuck off, that is not humanly possible"...or words to that effect. To me, it is the ultimate sporting challenge.

Next year Wiggins could be helping Froome to the Yellow Jersey. I can't quite figure where Cav fits in though. He's been the model team mate this year and that's great and his main focus is probably the Olympics but at some point he's going to be wanting to compete for the Green Jersey again. Will he get that opportunity with Sky I wonder?
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: Sunday, July 22, 2012, 10:19:54 »

I went to school with a kid whose surname was Wiggins.

He was a cunt.
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: Sunday, July 22, 2012, 11:14:02 »

Next year Wiggins could be helping Froome to the Yellow Jersey. I can't quite figure where Cav fits in though. He's been the model team mate this year and that's great and his main focus is probably the Olympics but at some point he's going to be wanting to compete for the Green Jersey again. Will he get that opportunity with Sky I wonder?

Commentator on BBC Radio 5 yesterday was hinting strongly that it would make a lot of sense for Cavendish to leave the team next year.  He was saying that it made a lot of sense for him to be there in the build up to the Olympics, because a lot of the Team GB staff are also on Team Sky...but that argument is a lot less strong in 2013.
« Last Edit: Sunday, July 22, 2012, 11:15:41 by Ardiles » Logged
thedarkprince

Hubba-hubba

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: Sunday, July 22, 2012, 11:41:21 »

Look at Wiggins average speed yesterday, was close to 60 kmh at one stage, although assume it tailed off a little. Imagine maintaining that for well over an hour after god knows how many gruelling days of cycling up and down mountains. Super human.
STFC_Chris
Charlie Croker

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: Sunday, July 22, 2012, 12:32:52 »

Could you explain that last bit? I lost you there Huh?
A week or so ago, a journalist asked Bradley what he thought of the people who were suggesting that he must be on drugs.

Wiggins said: 'I say they're just fucking wankers. I cannot be doing with people like that.

'It justifies their own bone-idleness because they can't ever imagine applying themselves to do anything in their lives.

'It's easy for them to sit under a pseudonym on Twitter and write that sort of shit, rather than get off their arses in their own lives and apply themselves and work hard at something and achieve something.

'And that's ultimately it. Cunts.'

And that, people, is how you give a press conference.
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: Sunday, July 22, 2012, 12:38:53 »

He must be fit as fuck, but can someone explain what skills are involved? Without the team he wouldn't have won would he? Fantastic achievement, but not something I'd spend time watching.
No 'skills' as such I guess, just a small matter of devoting your whole life to it at the expense of friends, family and anything else you can think of.

No, he wouldn't won it without the team, that's because it is a team sport. Whoever wins it needs to have a good team around them. You have to be an unbelievable rider and unique individual to win it.
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #42 on: Sunday, July 22, 2012, 12:40:31 »

A week or so ago, a journalist asked Bradley what he thought of the people who were suggesting that he must be on drugs.

Wiggins said: 'I say they're just fucking wankers. I cannot be doing with people like that.

'It justifies their own bone-idleness because they can't ever imagine applying themselves to do anything in their lives.

'It's easy for them to sit under a pseudonym on Twitter and write that sort of shit, rather than get off their arses in their own lives and apply themselves and work hard at something and achieve something.

'And that's ultimately it. Cunts.'

And that, people, is how you give a press conference.
Oh, right. Yes, I remember the press conference with all the bleeping going on now.

Ha!ha! Class. Makes me like him even more. Cool
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #43 on: Sunday, July 22, 2012, 13:26:27 »

No 'skills' as such I guess, just a small matter of devoting your whole life to it at the expense of friends, family and anything else you can think of.

No, he wouldn't won it without the team, that's because it is a team sport. Whoever wins it needs to have a good team around them. You have to be an unbelievable rider and unique individual to win it.

I think there are more skills than you think, the bike handling is incredible - having ridden in groups this size at about 1/3 of the speed its bloody scaring stuff! An example is on the video below when Cavendish was taken out at the Giro this year the the rider behind him (in the green) bunny hopped over him on the floor - at 75kph!

Team Sky have been class (all of them) and it is true that Wiggins couldn't have done it without them, buts its allwayas that way in cycling, its a team sport essentially but with a single winner. I don't really understand Froome's whining in the press, he did great at the Vuelta last year and proved that he was a better climber that Wiggins (on his day), but he then signed a long contract at Sky where he knew damn well at best he would be supporting Wiggins in the tour this year!

Oh an for cycling skills see Sagan, bet you can't do this (especially on a first category climb!!)....

THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #44 on: Sunday, July 22, 2012, 14:23:41 »

What time is expected to finish...

Clems Army!
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Up
Print
Jump to: