Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Hayemaker - Chisora  (Read 15988 times)
thedarkprince

Hubba-hubba

Ignore
« Reply #75 on: Sunday, July 15, 2012, 07:31:47 »

Caught the highlights so the below contains some spoilers (highlight to read):

Khan is a joke, glad he lost. Thinks way too much of himself and likes to blame the referee a lot. Talk of him stepping up to welterweight would be tantamount to suicide.

Anyone watch it?
Abrahammer

A legitimate dude sighting

Ignore
« Reply #76 on: Sunday, July 15, 2012, 07:58:00 »

Just watched it.  

The problem with Khan is that he has no chin, an average fighter can land one on him and he goes all jelly legs.

He is pretty good apart from that major flaw, age is on his side but he won't be getting anymore Vegas super fights for a while.
Swindon Please Win

Ignore
« Reply #77 on: Sunday, July 15, 2012, 13:19:03 »

Just watched it aswell, That is Khan's career over then, unless he can sort his chin out. He was too fast for Garcia but one punch from Garcia and the fight was over.
mrverve

Ignore
« Reply #78 on: Sunday, July 15, 2012, 15:27:22 »

The problem with Khan is that his defence is poor, against someone like Garcia who is slower but has a bigger punch he needed to get in throw 1, 2 max 3 punches and get out, instead Khan was standing toe to toe with him, leaving himself too open time and time again.

His chin is below average but not as bad as some people are saying, against Maidana and against Peterson he took some big shots and survived.

Malignaggi re-match or Brook next I think.
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #79 on: Sunday, July 15, 2012, 18:55:40 »

I must admit that I thought Khan was a bit unlucky. I thought he was just coming back into it when the ref stopped it. I think he had rocked Garcia in his desperation to avoid further punishment. Think if he had made it to the end of the round he could have potentially turned it around.

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #80 on: Sunday, July 15, 2012, 19:28:33 »

Just watched the Khan replay. He looked really good until he got took out.

Great heart to keep trying, but I think the ref made the right call. He had taken a lot of punishment. Ref looked him square in the eyes, which were presumably pointing in opposite directions. I can see where NMH is coming from, but in my unqualified opinion Khan didn't recover.
slinky

i'm lovin' it

Ignore
« Reply #81 on: Sunday, July 15, 2012, 21:33:40 »

Just watched the Khan replay. He looked really good until he got took out.

Great heart to keep trying, but I think the ref made the right call. He had taken a lot of punishment. Ref looked him square in the eyes, which were presumably pointing in opposite directions. I can see where NMH is coming from, but in my unqualified opinion Khan didn't recover.

Have to agree.  Its a shame as he was in control until that one punch which put him on the deck.  His legs had gone and although he might have come back the ref couldn't risk letting him go on.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: