Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: What a shock....plod get off Scott free!  (Read 3290 times)
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« on: Thursday, July 19, 2012, 19:51:24 »

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-18900484

Nice video anyway....

Clems Army!
Notts red

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Thursday, July 19, 2012, 20:46:34 »

I'm surprised the jury never had access to his previous, I'm sure they take people's history into consideration in most other cases ?
hobnob

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Thursday, July 19, 2012, 20:54:03 »

If he hadn't been a copper he'd have gone down every time . . . .
@MacPhlea

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Friday, July 20, 2012, 05:57:22 »

I'm surprised the jury never had access to his previous, I'm sure they take people's history into consideration in most other cases ?

Previous  convictions are normally withheld until a guilty verdict UNLESS there is a similarity to the offence.

In this case it would  be a  bit like you or I going to court for speeding and then finding your employment disciplinary record being presented as evidence for something completely different.

It's an interesting one - it's seems the but for the  complete ineptitude of the Met and Sussex Polive this man shouldn't have been wearing a uniform in the first place - can see some serious compensation being paid out to the family and a protracted employment tribunal when they try to sack him
DMR

« Reply #4 on: Friday, July 20, 2012, 07:51:45 »

If he hadn't been a copper he'd have gone down every time . . . .

Keep reading comments to this effect.

He was found not guilty by a jury, not by another bunch of coppers.
Notts red

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Friday, July 20, 2012, 12:05:37 »

I'm not against the verdict as like you say the Jury made the decision. It's easy for people to say the Policeman should of done this or that differently but they didn't spend hours being battered with iron bars and bricks. Coppers take a lot of shit in situations like these and any human would be a bit jumpy so mistakes will be made.
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Friday, July 20, 2012, 12:09:10 »

Beating someone to death.

An honest mistake.

I'll accept that in situations like this policemen/women shouldn't be judged on the same standards as ordinary civilians. But the fact this bloke has got off free is laughable. Considering his history, he shouldn't even have been there in the first place. Sounds like a thug in a uniform.

Things get better but they never get good
Notts red

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Friday, July 20, 2012, 12:13:25 »

An honest mistake.

I'll accept that in situations like this policemen/women shouldn't be judged on the same standards as ordinary civilians. But the fact this bloke has got off free is laughable. Considering his history, he shouldn't even have been there in the first place. Sounds like a thug in a uniform.
He didn't beat him to death though Dave, I thought it looked heavy handed especially as the bloke had his hands in his pockets but think in general compared to other countries our police are soft in riot situations.
« Last Edit: Friday, July 20, 2012, 12:17:50 by Notts red » Logged
jonny72

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Friday, July 20, 2012, 12:16:50 »

I'm not against the verdict as like you say the Jury made the decision. It's easy for people to say the Policeman should of done this or that differently but they didn't spend hours being battered with iron bars and bricks. Coppers take a lot of shit in situations like these and any human would be a bit jumpy so mistakes will be made.

It always annoys me the way the protesters are quick to come forward to demand justice by having the Police and their officers held to account for anything they do wrong. Yet the protesters are more than happy to commit offences and get away with it, why they don't they come forward and confess if they're that worried about justice?

I'm not a big fan of the Police, but they really do get totally shafted when it comes to mass demonstrations. They can't win.
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Friday, July 20, 2012, 12:19:09 »

Don't give a damn about how we compare to other countries. I've not experienced riot police in other countries, it's not excuse for the way they behave in here.

Brief encounters I've had with them, they seem liked control hungry knobheads, waiting and hoping for something to go off. I realise that they have to treat everyone with suspicion, there's rarely common sense used. They rarely seem any better than those they're trying to halt, they're just wearing different clothes

Based almost entirely on what I've seen on TV

Things get better but they never get good
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Friday, July 20, 2012, 12:19:37 »

Wouldnt happen if we had Robocop
DMR

« Reply #11 on: Friday, July 20, 2012, 12:21:35 »

Moron
Notts red

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: Friday, July 20, 2012, 12:24:05 »

Wouldnt happen if we had Robocop
Only until some mad professor puts a devil micro chip in them to take over the world like in all the films.
mexico red

Demasiado no es demasiado

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: Friday, July 20, 2012, 14:10:18 »

In the jury and the coppers defence, there wasn't any evidence to show he had done it except for the video of him doing it.
jonny72

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: Friday, July 20, 2012, 14:12:19 »

Only until some mad professor puts a devil micro chip in them to take over the world like in all the films.

It would be ok though as someone would come back from the future to destroy the chip.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Print
Jump to: