Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Speaker wiring  (Read 1063 times)
woolster

« on: Wednesday, July 25, 2012, 08:09:48 »

I want to use my old stereo speakers in my back garden for bbq's etc, i plan to connect them to my ipod , so my question is can i wire my exsisting speakers to a headphone socket adaptor, or is there anything out there to buy that will do the job :hmmm:thanks
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday, July 25, 2012, 08:14:24 »

You'll need an amplifier to power the speakers.
Flashheart

« Reply #2 on: Wednesday, July 25, 2012, 08:16:02 »

The red wire goes in the red socket and the black wire goes in the black socket.

Hope that helps.
woolster

« Reply #3 on: Wednesday, July 25, 2012, 08:17:19 »

The red wire goes in the red socket and the black wire goes in the black socket.

Hope that helps.
wires to a headphone socket, keep up
woolster

« Reply #4 on: Wednesday, July 25, 2012, 08:18:20 »

You'll need an amplifier to power the speakers.
i have a samsung amp
red socks

« Reply #5 on: Wednesday, July 25, 2012, 08:31:57 »

I want to use my old stereo speakers in my back garden for bbq's etc, i plan to connect them to my ipod , so my question is can i wire my exsisting speakers to a headphone socket adaptor, or is there anything out there to buy that will do the job :hmmm:thanks

You can buy a standard jack input into your amp for just a few of your English pounds
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Wednesday, July 25, 2012, 08:39:58 »

Yeah, you need an RCA to 3.5mm jack cable.

I use the same to connect my iPod to my amp.
@MacPhlea

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Wednesday, July 25, 2012, 09:22:50 »

You'll probably find that unless they have a decent sub they will have to be cranked right up to get any decent sound out of them... I tried the same and gave up because they only sounded good if you stood directly in front of them... ended up investing in a pair of these with omni directional speakers and built in sub.. fucking immense...

http://www.vanns.com/shop/servlet/item/features/546500573/mirage-oasis-omni-6-black?srccode=cii_1013252&cpncode=32-143441904-2&v_c=AudioReview

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: