Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 [11] 12 13   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: We've not had a religious debate on here for a while...  (Read 19707 times)
Flashheart

« Reply #150 on: Friday, July 20, 2012, 18:15:53 »

Young children across the planet are suffering terribly from parasites and beasts feeding upon them. Causing them immense physical and emotional pain....... All caused by god

What kind of cunt what support such an evil fucker?
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #151 on: Friday, July 20, 2012, 18:18:13 »

Its not caused by god though is it? It's caused by people's misinterpretations of this 'god' figure.

Aggressively atheist people annoy me more than religious people most of the time.

Things get better but they never get good
Dozno9

« Reply #152 on: Friday, July 20, 2012, 18:19:20 »

Evidence supporting evolution

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Evidence_of_common_descent

Evidence supporting creation

I don't believe in creationism. I don't know many religious folk who do.
Dozno9

« Reply #153 on: Friday, July 20, 2012, 18:21:34 »

Young children across the planet are suffering terribly from parasites and beasts feeding upon them. Causing them immense physical and emotional pain....... All caused by god

What kind of cunt what support such an evil fucker?

If you take this as a religious angle then the Church says all that is man made. Greedy and corrupt governments are not God made.
Dozno9

« Reply #154 on: Friday, July 20, 2012, 18:27:24 »

Noah built the ark?

Why?

If god is all powerful why did he just not kill all the evil people and animals with a click of the finger? Why the need for a flood? Why kill so many innocent people/animals needlessly? What about the sea creatures? How did they get let off? (They would survive the flood?

How fucking enormous must that boat have been to float and support so many creatures? How did they feed the inhabitants? How did they stop them from eating/killing each other? How was the shit and pissed dealt with? How did they avoid disease?

THINK

Stories such as this in the Old and New Testament can be taken as not literal but as a metaphoric understanding of lessons and teachings.
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #155 on: Friday, July 20, 2012, 18:31:21 »

Its not caused by god though is it? It's caused by people's misinterpretations of this 'god' figure.

Aggressively atheist people annoy me more than religious people most of the time.

I MUST ATTACK YOU FOR HAVING BELIEFS THAT I DON'T AGREE WITH.
Flashheart

« Reply #156 on: Friday, July 20, 2012, 18:36:57 »

If you take this as a religious angle then the Church says all that is man made. Greedy and corrupt governments are not God made.

So god is excused for all the suffering?
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #157 on: Friday, July 20, 2012, 18:39:56 »

I MUST ATTACK YOU FOR HAVING BELIEFS THAT I DON'T AGREE WITH.

That's exactly it. I know a lot of Christians, and a lot of assertive atheists (you know the ones, the type who bum Richard Dawkins, hate religion but never stop talking about it). Its always the atheists who bring up god and religion first.

I personally think that the notion of there being an all seeing and all knowing, bearded presence in the sky is ludicrous. But until it can be proven what caused the big bang then an omnipotent being can't be discounted. Surely scientific principle dictates that?

And if believing that there's some higher power looking over us helps someone get through the drudgery of their life, do they deserve to be shouted down and ridiculed for it? As long as they don't try and peddle it on others (and it's only the minority of extremists who do), what harm is it doing to anyone?

Dozno9

« Reply #158 on: Friday, July 20, 2012, 18:44:46 »

So god is excused for all the suffering?

I do struggle with some of religious teachings and the suffering of children is one big one and the reason why I can't fully be into the Church I guess.

In short the argument is that God created all and then left man to carry on and all things bad in the world are man made or part of nature which then affects man because of what they have chosen to do with their lot.

Now, extremists say that disease and illness is a punishment (Hoddle) to those nations/groups who oppose God or go against the teachings (AIDS for the gay community).

Flashheart

« Reply #159 on: Friday, July 20, 2012, 18:50:55 »

That's exactly it. I know a lot of Christians, and a lot of assertive atheists (you know the ones, the type who bum Richard Dawkins, hate religion but never stop talking about it). Its always the atheists who bring up god and religion first.

I personally think that the notion of there being an all seeing and all knowing, bearded presence in the sky is ludicrous. But until it can be proven what caused the big bang then an omnipotent being can't be discounted. Surely scientific principle dictates that?

And if believing that there's some higher power looking over us helps someone get through the drudgery of their life, do they deserve to be shouted down and ridiculed for it? As long as they don't try and peddle it on others (and it's only the minority of extremists who do), what harm is it doing to anyone?

Would it surprise you to know that I agree with everything you said?
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #160 on: Friday, July 20, 2012, 18:53:28 »

Would it surprise you to know that I agree with everything you said?

It would!!

Anyroad, i'm off out now to get drunk. I'll leave this here because it's funny and true

[url width=595 height=311]http://i.imgur.com/h2qIg.png[/url]

Flashheart

« Reply #161 on: Friday, July 20, 2012, 18:54:38 »

All religious texts are written by Man. . 

Anyway......

What he said, innit
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #162 on: Friday, July 20, 2012, 19:27:07 »

Just brilliant. If the subject matter wasn't religion, then that would have given me at least a semi.
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #163 on: Friday, July 20, 2012, 20:18:13 »

A religious or non religious view is unique to every human on earth.....if it needs to be taught then in my view it is not the thing for me.

A religious or spiritual person in old times worshipped everything on the earth....well except anything mankind.

If you wanted rain to water your food to not starve then you fucking well worshiped the rain gods.

The day men started preaching religion was the day religion was dammed.

DRS

« Reply #164 on: Friday, July 20, 2012, 21:06:50 »

And this in a nutshell should end the thread.People who go to my church do not bang on about god 24/7 like most people would want you to believe. If having a little belief helps the majority of people get by and try and live a better life for themselves who are they hurting.

As others have said the people who are more in peoples faces seem to be the ones always trying to prove a point. Most people who are religious choose to go to church etc they are not forced
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 [11] 12 13   Go Up
Print
Jump to: