Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Beer  (Read 3687 times)
Kinky Tom
Snow Master Sandwich King.

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: Thursday, July 19, 2012, 04:16:22 »

Not really into beers as i like my lager (Skinners). I know there are some light, refreshing ales out there but can anyone suggest any that would be worth sampling? A half-way compromise between lager and ale would be ideal.

have you tried many czech lagers?  i'd sat they're a happy medium, try pilsner urquell.  i don't often drink lager but will drink that very happily, although i wouldn't necessarily call it light
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: Thursday, July 19, 2012, 08:04:42 »

The first stop, usually, for lager drinkers wanting to try something different is an IPA (or IPA/lager crossover, as mentioned above).  Hopping Hare is a good example.  I'm also a big fan of Summer Lightening, produced by the Hopback Brewery - which is Salisbury based, so plenty of it around in Swindon.
Anteater

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: Thursday, July 19, 2012, 08:28:30 »

The first stop, usually, for lager drinkers wanting to try something different is an IPA (or IPA/lager crossover, as mentioned above).  Hopping Hare is a good example.  I'm also a big fan of Summer Lightening, produced by the Hopback Brewery - which is Salisbury based, so plenty of it around in Swindon.
Gluepot has a good selection of Hopback beers. Summer Lightning is a good shout as is Crop Circle.
london_red

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: Thursday, July 19, 2012, 08:32:16 »

Discovery, made by Fullers, whilst not an IPA is a nice golden ale and was my 'gateway ale' to other non-lager alternatives.
pumbaa
Ha, no cunt in my title anymore. Oh.....

Fartmeister

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: Thursday, July 19, 2012, 08:43:45 »

Stop beating about the bush and being so helpful. You're just a big fan of any alcohol, admit it. Its the first step.....
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: Thursday, July 19, 2012, 09:03:10 »

That's not fair.  You're basing that on one evening last April outside a dodgy pub in Aldershot when we were knocking back beers like bastards in the certain knowledge that we were going up that night.  (And then didn't.)

Actually, scrub that.  You may have a point.   Smiley
blah blah

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: Thursday, July 19, 2012, 09:16:47 »

We had a couple of really good light ales at our beer festival recently, not sure if they are available in supermarkets but worth looking out for. They were Everards Sunchaser, a really light refreshing ale similar to a lager but without the fizz. Loads of people who usually drink lager really liked this one. The other one was Corn Dolly from 3 castles brewery in Pewsey - again a really light summery ale.
nevillew
Tripping the light puntastic

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: Monday, July 23, 2012, 15:26:30 »

Otter Bright is a good shout, failing that Old Golden Hen is pretty good.

Paolo Di Canio, it's Paolo Di Canio
mexico red

Demasiado no es demasiado

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: Monday, July 23, 2012, 15:31:57 »

sunburst or tribute
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: Monday, July 23, 2012, 18:31:44 »

Gluepot has a good selection of Hopback beers. Summer Lightning is a good shout as is Crop Circle.

I love that crop circle in there....though after three or four i have a vision of Reg Pressley from the Troggs fame smiling at me.
They do some lush cheese rolls in there as well.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: