Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Weston Vs Swindon Town Official Matchday Thread  (Read 11555 times)
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #60 on: Wednesday, July 18, 2012, 21:44:07 »

It was good, really enjoyable first half but got disjointed with so many subs late on, we finished with 11 different players...12 if you include Cibbo who went off after about 15 mins...not sure why he didn't look injured.

We played really wel 1st half kept the ball on the deck and played out of defence on the ground.

Henvill is a man mountain and can dribble and run with the ball, good in the tackle and good distribution...made only 1 slight mistake which cost us a corner otherwise was excellent.

Miller looked calm and a good foil for Ferry who broke forward at every chance.

Collins looked a bit lost early on but grew in confidence and rounded the keeper really well for his goal after a long ball forward, about the only long ball played all first half TBF.

Williams looked excellent, great pace and control and took his goal really well from Roberts cross.

Roberts...fantastic player, great pace and control and crossing, this guy is a real class player.

Navarro came on 2nd half and looked a bit lost, I would prefer Miller to him as he can play well alongside Ferry bringing out the best of Ferry.

Wes had little to do, couldn't do anything about the goal after a mix up at the back.

Flint looked off the pace when he came on, McCormack looked calm and assured alongside Henville, as he always does.

McEveley didn't look totally fit to me but did well enough even though he was beaten by the winger once or twice.

Caddis was excellent and did nowt wrong all game.

Ritchie took both goals well and his first goal was a great 20 yard shot, played really well.

Rooney looked off the pace and a little disinterested when he came on.

Benson was a bit off the pace and couldn't miss his goal from 2 yards out.

De Vita also took his goal well from 3 yards out after a rebound but didn't do a lot else.

Storey looked a bit of a handful up front and could have scored, is definately one for the future.

The ones I havent mentioned basically did the job but not excelling, Thomspon, Risser, Cibbo, Devera, Bedwell...for about 10 mins and Smith for the last 5 or 10 mins.

A nice turn out of almost entirely Swindon fans of several hundred in a nice compact little ground.

And Weston actualy arent a bad side at all, played good football but couldn't break us down in midfield.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Stef Troll

Ignore
« Reply #61 on: Wednesday, July 18, 2012, 21:50:36 »

Where did you watch it
   Online feed. No sound. Bet365 were betting in play on the game which usually means you can find a stream online if you search around
bigbobjoylove

Ignore
« Reply #62 on: Wednesday, July 18, 2012, 21:57:17 »

If you find one like that in the future, Stef. Pointing it out on here would be most welcome.
Panda Paws

Arse

Ignore
« Reply #63 on: Wednesday, July 18, 2012, 22:16:43 »

Agree with JJ- Roberts looked class. Troy at the back was very vocal and kept defence organised. A very good signing in prospect there. Williams looked very good too.
Shaw Rosso

Ignore
« Reply #64 on: Wednesday, July 18, 2012, 22:34:40 »

Just got back after coming home the wrong way. Thought Roberts looked great on the ball, excellent distribution too. Ritchie looked lively and i feel Williams and Collins could do some damage in league 1 this year.

Highlight of the night was a Bovril and a tea for £1.60, usually £3.60 in The Town End.

Not sure if Weston had any fans in the ground tonight, I think it was our lot cheering out of sympathy in the big stand when they scored.

Roll on Forest Green Rovers
Saxondale

Ignore
« Reply #65 on: Wednesday, July 18, 2012, 22:39:57 »

Enjoyed that.  Typical friendly.  First half great second half everything fell apart from all the changes.  Ill only comment on our first half side where our left side looked really dangerous with roberts and mcevely and our central defence looked solid with Alan Mac and Troy arcibald - toomanysurnames.  Upfront looked lively and a handful.

We looked a big fit side as well I thought, but perhaps thats just because they were so close.  I always get confused, they're not small, they're just far away.

Never knowingly overstated.
Cibocchi_Is_God

The Italian Stallion

Ignore
« Reply #66 on: Wednesday, July 18, 2012, 22:51:31 »

Great performance first half, but a very scrappy one in the second. Of the new signings Miller & Roberts were the most impressive. Miller was good at playing it simple & letting Ferry do his stuff further up the pitch, leading too some really neat one-two passing between Ferry & the two wingers. As said above, Roberts looked intelligent and classy on the ball. He dosen't have searing pace but his first touch looked a class above, allowing him to get away from the fullback most of the time. Williams & Collins both looked decent as well, took a while for Collins to get into the game but he took his goal well, as did Williams who was put on a plate by Roberts. They seemed reluctant to get too involved, probably for fear of injury.

Second half the team was obviously disrupted by subs but I was still a wee bit dissapointed by the performance. The centre of midfield looked slow, meaning Weston players ended up knocking the ball about pretty comfortably. Navarro clearly needs to play with a quicker player in the middle, which Risser obviously isnt, probably the reason for a lapse midfield display in the second half. Although, passing wise Risser & Navarro weren't much kop either. Probably down to the scrappy nature of the second half though, and the inability to win it back because of the lack of pace.

After tonight, I think the team that started would be my preffered starting XI. Miller & Ferry were balanced in the middle and provided plenty of ammunition for the flanks, of which are now more balanced, with the left & right sides being packed with similar amounts of quality. We looked assured at the back with Troy and McCormack and the fullbacks were steady as ever. That starting XI looked strong and ready to start the season, the second half team not so much. Roll on the next one anywho, football is back!
Flashheart

« Reply #67 on: Thursday, July 19, 2012, 05:33:57 »

Online feed. No sound. Bet365 were betting in play on the game which usually means you can find a stream online if you search around

Well don't mind us. I bet not a single soul on here would have appreciated that information.  Roll Eyes
herthab
TEF Travel

Ignore
« Reply #68 on: Thursday, July 19, 2012, 05:36:02 »

Well don't mind us. I bet not a single soul on here would have appreciated that information.  Roll Eyes

Exactly what I thought. (Well, with swearing and insults included).

It's All Good..............
pumbaa
Ha, no cunt in my title anymore. Oh.....

Fartmeister

Ignore
« Reply #69 on: Thursday, July 19, 2012, 07:33:23 »

Can we play Weston every week?

Can't really add much more to the comments above, although I was very disappointed in Rooney. I don't mean to be critical, its clear he has talent, but just seemed lazy, disinterested, a little petulant and afraid to take on the fullback for a Blue Sqaure South team. He will need to buck up sharpish to be considered ahead of Ritchie and Roberts.

Nice little stadium, and if you want fish and chips, you should have gone to Papa's on the Boulevard and abused the Spurs supporting owner....
SuggWillSugg MBE

Ignore
« Reply #70 on: Thursday, July 19, 2012, 15:31:28 »

So am I allowed to continue matchday thread duties?

Or has someone sourced John Barnes?

Shaw Rosso

Ignore
« Reply #71 on: Thursday, July 19, 2012, 15:47:14 »

There were no cameras at Weston last night, how they managed to do an online feed is a broadcasting miracle
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #72 on: Thursday, July 19, 2012, 16:55:35 »

There were no cameras at Weston last night, how they managed to do an online feed is a broadcasting miracle
There was a camera at Weston last night. The bloke had a BBC bag with him but I think it was used for STFC World, he was in the seating area filming the game.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: