Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Starting Eleven  (Read 4481 times)
pumbaa
Ha, no cunt in my title anymore. Oh.....

Fartmeister

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: Thursday, July 19, 2012, 08:42:12 »

Think Ledley King, without the fragile knees, and that sums up Troy (based on visual evidence last night).

I hope that statement doesn't come back to haunt me.
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: Thursday, July 19, 2012, 08:43:41 »

Racist

Things get better but they never get good
Weasel

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: Thursday, July 19, 2012, 09:39:18 »

Flint is not half the football player that Troy is on that first showing, Tory can head, tackle and pass. Flint will be a backup CB this season I think.

Troy is only about 1 or 2 inches shorter than Flint too, must be 6 foot 3 and built like the proverbial brick shite house.

You mean the Flint who was (for the most part) half of a centre back pairing which only conceded 32 goals in the league last season?

If Troy is over twice as good then we've really got ourselves a player. The rest of Exeter's defence must've been a right let down for him to get relegated last year.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #18 on: Thursday, July 19, 2012, 09:49:16 »

A defence is made up of 5 players including the keeper, Troy was player of the season for Exeter last year that does not mean that the rest of Exeters defence was any good, 1 player cannot make a defence.

But 1 player can add to a good defence, and I think Troy is a much better player than Flint on what I have seen so far, albeit a friendly against fairly weak opposition. Whereas Flint looked unsteady against exactly the same opposition.

I think the side that started the game yesterday will be Paolo's starting 11 in the league.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
A Gent Orange

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: Thursday, July 19, 2012, 09:53:44 »

A defence is made up of 5 players including the keeper, Troy was player of the season for Exeter last year that does not mean that the rest of Exeters defence was any good, 1 player cannot make a defence.

I would say the holding midfielders are as much part of that defence. Which is why I think we will see Navaro in there a good number of times - probably away.
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #20 on: Thursday, July 19, 2012, 16:21:11 »

Williams reminded me a lot of Chalky White with his running into space and working the right channel but with a good finish on him too but with extra height.....lets hope he is not offside as often as White used to be!
That is fucking blasphemy. Chalky was faster than a whippet so the lino couldn't keep uo so it was easier to flag him.
On a different note everyone seems to be overlooking Joe Devera who had a cracking half season alongside Macca and I'd put him ahead of Flint - not seen Troy yet.
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: Thursday, July 19, 2012, 16:52:35 »

That is fucking blasphemy. Chalky was faster than a whippet so the lino couldn't keep uo so it was easier to flag him.
On a different note everyone seems to be overlooking Joe Devera who had a cracking half season alongside Macca and I'd put him ahead of Flint - not seen Troy yet.

I think Devera is going to serve a purpose as understudy to both Center back and Right Back this year, as Caddis has no senior replacement.
cheltred69

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: Thursday, July 19, 2012, 17:03:52 »

Nathan Thompson is 21 now - the same age as Rooney & Collins - so must be considered as a senior player albeit not with a great deal of league experience.
Surely it wouldn't have been any point offering him a contract if he's not seen as an understudy for Caddis.
herthab
TEF Travel

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: Thursday, July 19, 2012, 17:06:27 »

I think Devera is going to serve a purpose as understudy to both Center back and Right Back this year, as Caddis has no senior replacement.

Petty, I know, but have I been transported to The Colonies?

It's All Good..............
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: Thursday, July 19, 2012, 17:10:02 »

Wrong thread.  The religious debate discussion is here.
Cibocchi_Is_God

The Italian Stallion

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: Thursday, July 19, 2012, 17:17:44 »

I agree with JJ on the back of yesterday. Obviously it was only a freindly against weak opposition, but Troy looked the better of the two on that showing. I liked looked the look of Troy, pretty comfortable on the ball and won most if not all of his aerial battles. Ferry & Miller would also me the middle two on the evidence of yesterday... But obviously there are a few more freindly's left before Paolo makes his mind up. I'm sure each fan's preffered team will change during the course of the pre-season leading up to the first game but for the record, I think the team that started yesterday is our best at the moment.
donkey
Cheers!

He headed a football.

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: Thursday, July 19, 2012, 18:52:29 »

Wrong thread.  The religious debate discussion is here.

Untrue...Chalkie exists...and we should all worship him.  Who else has scored after controlling the ball with his arse?

donkey tells the truth

I headed the ball.

eeeeeeeeeeeeeee-aaaaaaaawwwwwww
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: Thursday, July 19, 2012, 18:53:58 »

centre
Petty, I know, but have I been transported to The Colonies?

I have no idea why, but work has super duper american autocorrect. it's awesome and shit, realiZe
Dozno9

« Reply #28 on: Friday, July 20, 2012, 14:35:31 »

I have never seen the first 11 play and therefore cannot confirm that any of them are real. Others say they are real but I'm not so sure myself.

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: