Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The Open  (Read 16240 times)
Abrahammer

A legitimate dude sighting

Ignore
« on: Tuesday, July 17, 2012, 14:32:06 »

Love it, plan on spending most of Thursday to Sunday on my arse watching it.

Have lost patience with saying that’s it’s bound to be Donald or Westwood’s time to eventually get their hands on a major.  They wont yet again although hope I’m wrong 

Had a little flutter on Harrington, Kuchar, Dustin Johnson & Raphael Jacquelin (can’t remember odds)
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday, July 17, 2012, 14:35:27 »

PaddyPower are offering 7 places in the open.

I know this because I must have seen their God awful advert at least 200 times this week!

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
fittons_coaching_badge

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday, July 17, 2012, 14:56:55 »

Jeev Milka Singh sent out a message to the world in the Scottish Open at the weekend!

150/1 people .............................. The Indians are going to take over the golfing world!
Paolo69

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday, July 17, 2012, 15:00:26 »

PaddyPower are offering 7 places in the open.

I know this because I must have seen their God awful advert at least 200 times this week!

We hear you Pete.
DMR

« Reply #4 on: Tuesday, July 17, 2012, 15:06:34 »

Kaymer, G Mac, Woods all e/w.

Come on boys bring home the scrilla.
DMR

« Reply #5 on: Tuesday, July 17, 2012, 15:07:16 »

40s, 33s and 10s with PP respectively.

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Tuesday, July 17, 2012, 15:16:37 »

Gone for harrington e/w
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Tuesday, July 17, 2012, 15:27:49 »

Have lost patience with saying that’s it’s bound to be Donald or Westwood’s time to eventually get their hands on a major.  They wont yet again although hope I’m wrong 

The Open is a great part of the British sporting calendar....one of the few which is genuinely British...but it's very much a lottery, which makes it more enjoyable. Very occasionally the top man like Woods wins it, but more often than not it's some dodgy Yank, like Todd Hamilton or Ben Curtis, who did fuck all previously and fuck all since.

I believe the last Englishman to win at Lytham was Tony Jacklin....remember it well, 1969, it seemed there was no end to the sexy stuff happening that year.

Jason Dufner for me this year...an unknown Yank with a suitably silly name.
london_red

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Tuesday, July 17, 2012, 15:43:28 »

but more often than not it's some dodgy Yank, like Todd Hamilton or Ben Curtis, who did fuck all previously and fuck all since.

Know you're being a bit facetious but can't help biting.

That would be Ben Curtis who's done fuck all since bar his 3 wins? And unknown Jason Dufner with two wins this year and who is number 7 in the world rankings?

Personally I fancy Hunter Mahan to win it this week and have gone for him (40s), Oosthuizen (45s) and Westwood (16s) each way.
gingernuggets

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Tuesday, July 17, 2012, 15:46:45 »

The Open is a great part of the British sporting calendar....one of the few which is genuinely British...but it's very much a lottery, which makes it more enjoyable. Very occasionally the top man like Woods wins it, but more often than not it's some dodgy Yank, like Todd Hamilton or Ben Curtis, who did fuck all previously and fuck all since.

I believe the last Englishman to win at Lytham was Tony Jacklin....remember it well, 1969, it seemed there was no end to the sexy stuff happening that year.

Harsh to include Curtis in with Hamilton. Curtis has won 3 PGA events since, including one this year, and played in the Ryder Cup. He's on my list this week, with Bjorn, Hunter Mahan and a few others.

Also Dufner's 7th in the world rankings so has an excellent chance.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Tuesday, July 17, 2012, 15:58:43 »

"Get in the hole, Ben" "Get in the hole, Jason"  1st Place
DMR

« Reply #11 on: Tuesday, July 17, 2012, 16:09:59 »

You had me until the last bit, Dufner's fucking quality.
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: Tuesday, July 17, 2012, 16:17:52 »

Yeah i went for Mahan aswell
Spud

« Reply #13 on: Tuesday, July 17, 2012, 16:33:45 »

Agree re: Dufner.

I'm having some money on Dufner, Harrington and I'm still undecided on a Brit to back?
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: Tuesday, July 17, 2012, 20:02:26 »

Mcilroy for me....wont be betting but his poor form means his odds are rather juicy.

Zac Johnson is on form........and John Daly will make mincemeat of this course if he hits it straight...he has slowly been getting his form back.

Got a hectic couple of days coming up but Saturday and Sunday i will get my teeth into it.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Up
Print
Jump to: