Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: 5 weeks to go!!! (4+1/2 if you count brighton)  (Read 10605 times)
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: Saturday, July 14, 2012, 19:17:44 »

I've enjoyed a summer of being a supporter of a championship winning team (albeit Division 4). I'm in no rush for the new season.
Notts red

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: Saturday, July 14, 2012, 19:39:29 »

Will miss not being able to sing " we're top of the league" for the first game anyway Smiley a 5-0 half time score at Hartlepool would help though  Wink if we're in the top six around Xmas time I reckon the board will release even more money for the final push as it looks like they are taking back to back promotions seriously enough.
« Last Edit: Saturday, July 14, 2012, 22:32:08 by Notts red » Logged
02hodgsol

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: Saturday, July 14, 2012, 19:56:46 »

Looking forward to singing "champioly champioly ole ole ole" v hartlepool at first game....defo not too late!  Hmmm
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: Saturday, July 14, 2012, 21:20:08 »

Top two has to be the aim. And a realistic one at that.
Jimmy Glass is an Alien

« Reply #19 on: Saturday, July 14, 2012, 22:26:40 »

As much as I admire the optimism, I think a good season would be upper mid table challenging for the play offs. 8-10th and push on the following season.
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: Sunday, July 15, 2012, 07:28:41 »

As much as I admire the optimism, I think a good season would be upper mid table challenging for the play offs. 8-10th and push on the following season.
I think The Board and Di Canio would see that as bordering on disastrous. They've clearly put all their eggs in the 'two successive promotions' basket, not the 'consolidation' basket.
Flashheart

« Reply #21 on: Sunday, July 15, 2012, 07:50:46 »

I think The Board and Di Canio would see that as bordering on disastrous. They've clearly put all their eggs in the 'two successive promotions' basket, not the 'consolidation' basket.

Not quite 'all their eggs. They've set a target of the Championship in 3 seasons. They'll still go for it though, of course.
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: Sunday, July 15, 2012, 08:23:38 »

Not quite 'all their eggs. They've set a target of the Championship in 3 seasons. They'll still go for it though, of course.
I reckon they've said that in order to manage the fans' expectations. I don't think they have any intention of still being in L1 in two years time, or even one year for that matter.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: Sunday, July 15, 2012, 09:47:43 »

As we know from many years trying, Div 3 is a tough old league to get out of in an upward direction.  We seem to have got in a few journeymen with good experience of the level, so should be Ok for avoiding a relegation scrap, although I would have said the same 2 seasons ago.

What just might play in our favour, is that the league looks a bit weaker, than it did the PO season when we were up against Soton, Leeds, Norwich, Charlton, Udders and Millwall.

My main concern, is that last season we were a bit rocky on the road, but got bailed out by the extraordinary home form.  There are a lot of horrible norvern away days in this league...how we do in these should give us a fair clue as to how things will shape up.
leftside

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: Sunday, July 15, 2012, 11:03:56 »

I've no idea how well we'll do this season, although I expect us to lose and draw more games than last season. Keeping up the positive feeling around the team and club will do for me.

Hugely looking forward to the first league game at Hartlepool. Luckily, I'm on hols in N Yorkshire that weekend. Hope the TV fan is there again!
The Frog

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: Sunday, July 15, 2012, 18:51:39 »

We'll defo be up there
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: Saturday, July 28, 2012, 16:09:08 »

Wise up thiis Swindon remember!!!?

Clems Army!
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
Print