Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Gatwick parking  (Read 9805 times)
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« on: Thursday, July 12, 2012, 13:02:56 »

I need to book a weeks parking online, but I haven't been to Gatwick for a while. I'm not 100% sure whether I am flying from the North or South terminal; does it matter where I book my parking? I'm pretty sure there are regular bus links between the two terminals. I am looking for "self park" parking, preferably undercover.

Ta.
Bewster

We fucking love you Gumbo!

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Thursday, July 12, 2012, 13:07:22 »

I always go for a pick up and collect - reasonably priced, reliable and hassle free.
Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Thursday, July 12, 2012, 13:14:29 »

You annoy me something cronic but use http://www.aph.com/ with discount code vect2. Gets you 17% off. They park your car in a secure car park, then they drop you off via coach.

Much much cheaper then anywhere nearby.

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
LJ9
Whining little Bitch

PDC: "Send me off, we will win this league anyway"

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Thursday, July 12, 2012, 13:16:51 »

Park at the car park designated to your terminal. It's just hassle if you don't. The buses only take 5 or so mins to the terminal and the parking is easy as well.

Another option is to try the hotel and parking combo. I've done it before at a couple of airports. You get a hotel the night before you fly and parking for the week at a decent price. That's only if you don't fancy a long drive early in the morning, but worth it for a night's kip if you don't want to get up early.
walcot red

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Thursday, July 12, 2012, 13:23:19 »

Get the Oxford tube bus to london vic (admittly you have to venture into Oxford), leave you luggage at the left luggage there, and enjoy a day out in london, then get the train to gatwick, the wife and I do that everytime we fly from Gatwick. We've both found that to be nice and easy.
4D

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Thursday, July 12, 2012, 13:27:29 »

http://www.aph.com/ with discount code vect2. Gets you 17% off. They park your car in a secure car park, then they drop you off via coach.
Much much cheaper then anywhere nearby.

Thanks

You annoy me something cronic

4D

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Thursday, July 12, 2012, 13:28:38 »

Get the Oxford tube bus to london vic (admittly you have to venture into Oxford), leave you luggage at the left luggage there, and enjoy a day out in london, then get the train to gatwick, the wife and I do that everytime we fly from Gatwick. We've both found that to be nice and easy.

Thanks WR, but I forgot to mention it's a 7.30am flight  Smiley
walcot red

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Thursday, July 12, 2012, 13:36:40 »

No worries, go up the day before have a day in London then kip in the airport, then reward yourself with a fry up.

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Thursday, July 12, 2012, 13:41:10 »

I'd never use a car parking facility where it is done for you. They drive like cunts
slinky

i'm lovin' it

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Thursday, July 12, 2012, 13:43:34 »

Thanks WR, but I forgot to mention it's a 7.30am flight  Smiley

For a flight that early I would look at the hotel and parking option mentioned earlier.  Holiday Extras usually are competitive and you get cash back if you go through Quidco or similar cash back sites.
Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Thursday, July 12, 2012, 13:44:07 »

Never had an issue with APH. And they don't take the cars off site. End of the day to park yourself in a car park is £100 or so dearer. Is it really worth it?

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
ronnie21

The Mighty Hankerton

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Thursday, July 12, 2012, 13:55:30 »

Last year we parked at the Holiday Inn, Gatwick.  Was about £125 for overnight stay and parking (15 days).  Caught their shuttle bus outside at 6 am, downside to that was I think it was something like £10 return for a three-minute ride!!  Would do it again as it saves a 3 am start, praying the motorways are not blocked or the car breaks down and if you are going long haul as we were at least you are refreshed in the morning.
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: Thursday, July 12, 2012, 13:55:37 »

Is it really worth it?

To not have some little scrote like Walrus ragging your car to within an inch of it's death; yes, probably.
Foggy

Ketchup wanker

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: Thursday, July 12, 2012, 13:56:57 »

I'd never use a car parking facility where it is done for you. They drive like cunts

Yep, just ask Walrus

Sad to say, i must be on my way
pvsmark

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: Thursday, July 12, 2012, 13:58:42 »

APH are fine, must have used them about 7 times with no issues
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Print
Jump to: