Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Further £2 million investment by current board members  (Read 16519 times)
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #60 on: Friday, July 13, 2012, 18:06:48 »

I love their optimistic "It's all going to end in tears!" approach.

I suppose it's all they've got?
In fairness, there are some pretty sensible posts on there...

http://yellowsforum.proboards.com/index.cgi?board=fldiscussion&action=display&thread=10179

for anyone who's not read it.
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #61 on: Sunday, July 15, 2012, 18:05:33 »

Haha theres a golden one on there now.

Disgusting club apparently.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #62 on: Sunday, July 15, 2012, 18:28:52 »

Pretty much the same on the Creepy forum too, some wierd and ironic comments considering their "hidden investment" of last season and the previous one.

Quote from: mickf
"Moneybags" Swindon have just announced £2m extra investment, not revealed sources so a job for Rod Twaddle (or David Conn if he can get of his lazy *beep*?).
How can they use this funding and still keep within Fair Play rules, which I assume would take account of this money?

Quote from: birdseed02
Think it's pretty disgraceful if Swindon can get away with that.... is the fair play rule compulsory or just voluntary?

Quote from: captain yellow
There are always rumours like that circling whenever a club is backed by mysterious "money men" and seems unlikely considering they've just got promoted. There's not much doubt that Swindon are racking up fairly large debts again though.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
stfcinbmth

« Reply #63 on: Sunday, July 15, 2012, 18:55:30 »

In fairness, there are some pretty sensible posts on there...

http://yellowsforum.proboards.com/index.cgi?board=fldiscussion&action=display&thread=10179

for anyone who's not read it.

And some pretty dense ones to even it all out
Summerof69

Ignore
« Reply #64 on: Sunday, July 15, 2012, 18:57:23 »

It's laughable.

'Mysterious money men'...all named in the annual FourFourTwo rich list.

Despite relegation,our turnover would've gone up due to the match day ticket price rise, some decent cup runs for a change including a day out at Wembley. Didn't Nick Watkins say before the start of the last season the wage bill was reduced by £500k. I know a few more players were signed but I believe the wage bill was in credit compared to the previous season.

Also, sides forget that we never spent the money we got from Burnley for Austin, circa £1m.

And I believe there is a rule on capital investment, in ground/players.

And for us to be accused by Creepy, who seem to blantantly lie about their crowds towards the end of the season...well, pot, kettle, black.

All in all...fuck them.

BAZINGA !!

Join the Red Army Fund and donate at www.redarmyfund.co.uk

Join the Football Supporters Federation for FREE at www.fsf.org.uk/join.php
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #65 on: Sunday, July 15, 2012, 19:16:47 »

I think an Oxford fan within one of those links was right when they said that none of them would be discussing it if the news didn't involve Swindon Town.

Town's Board are backing the club they own and it seems to be confusing the hell out of supporters who don't like Swindon.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: