Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Chris Moyles Show finishing  (Read 10499 times)
Anteater

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: Wednesday, July 11, 2012, 09:52:13 »

As for moyles, good riddance I say...how he lasted 8 years is beyond me.
In that time has managed to reduce the breakfast show from a previous high with Evans, to what I wouldnow consider the lowest common denominator of entertainment...
Agree with this, I first heard Moyles when he did the Radio 1 graveyard shift (2am - 6am or something like that), he was a novelty then but with his self importance wore thin very quickly. That coupled with the playlist getting shorter and worse and his repetitive inane chat with his 'crew' taking over (comedy Dave needs a shoeing, and not just for being an Everton fan) I stopped listening to the breakfast show.

Don't mind Zane Lowe though (but primarily for the time slot he occupies and therefore music he plays), and the missus loves Scott Mills.
swindon61uk

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: Wednesday, July 11, 2012, 09:52:52 »

We have radio1 on at work sometimes and i have say the Chris Moyles show is the biggest pile of crap i have ever heard.
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: Wednesday, July 11, 2012, 10:17:52 »

6Music is nowhere near as good as it used to be either. Shaun Keaveney irritates me and I'm not sure why, I think I still have a hangover from the Jupitus days.

Lamacq is the boss though.
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: Wednesday, July 11, 2012, 10:19:58 »

Never listened to it, and never will  Smiley
walcot red

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: Wednesday, July 11, 2012, 10:26:05 »

Never listened to it, and never will  Smiley

I loathe radio 1, and have done since the turn of the century. I listen to anything other then radio 1. Absolute radio is pretty good. I love my DAB.
Jamiesfuturewife
Cats is nature

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: Wednesday, July 11, 2012, 11:09:54 »

Luckily now I don't work 9-5 I don't have to listen to Moyles - cant stand him fat oaf
I like grimmy though
carbonwhite

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: Wednesday, July 11, 2012, 11:39:05 »

Good never did like the bloke, thought he was a complete idiot on the commentary for the euro's.
Notts red

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: Wednesday, July 11, 2012, 11:39:54 »

Not keen on the bloke, to full of himself and isn't he a big Leeds fan? Don't mind Radio one as a rule but avoid it when Moyles is on. He's always grubby and looks like he needs a good hosing down  Smiley
Leggett
Do you like popsicles?

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: Wednesday, July 11, 2012, 11:51:46 »

he's not a big Leeds fan, he's a token Leeds fan. didn't care or know that much when they were League One, not much better now they're Championship.

Notts red

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: Wednesday, July 11, 2012, 11:53:52 »

he's not a big Leeds fan, he's a token Leeds fan. didn't care or know that much when they were League One, not much better now they're Championship.
A glory days fan then, I know it shouldn't but I've held that against him too.
Coca Fola

« Reply #40 on: Wednesday, July 11, 2012, 12:35:21 »

Chris Moyles has one of those annoying voices that just makes you want to punch him.
thedarkprince

Hubba-hubba

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: Wednesday, July 11, 2012, 13:04:18 »

In that time has managed to reduce the breakfast show from a previous high with Evans, to what I wouldnow consider the lowest common denominator of entertainment...

Although he took over from Sara Cox who had taken over from Zoe Ball who had taken from... 

Radio 1 is beyond my demographic (just), Moyles was worth listening for the 20 -25 min commute and that's all.  Might venture to Radio 2 or more likely go to 5Live.

Ignore
« Reply #42 on: Wednesday, July 11, 2012, 13:13:20 »

Last time i heard him on the radio he had an afternoon show. Radio 2 services my radio needs.
jimmy_onions

Ignore
« Reply #43 on: Wednesday, July 11, 2012, 13:19:14 »

Although he took over from Sara Cox who had taken over from Zoe Ball who had taken from... 

Radio 1 is beyond my demographic (just), Moyles was worth listening for the 20 -25 min commute and that's all.  Might venture to Radio 2 or more likely go to 5Live.

zoe ball and sara cox were both non entities (cant even remember who was before that), easy enough listening but nothing spectacular...

the point about moyles was, when he took over, it was a similar format to evans, e.g. get some mates in etc, have a party and broadcast it etc, and when he started he was regulalry stealing some of evans's ideas...however, gradually he reduced it from the breakfast show to the Chris moyles me me me show...thats what I was getting at...
Panda Paws

Arse

Ignore
« Reply #44 on: Wednesday, July 11, 2012, 14:36:16 »

zoe ball and sara cox were both non entities (cant even remember who was before that), easy enough listening but nothing spectacular...

Kevin Greening with Zoe, Mark and Lard ...
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Up
Print
Jump to: