Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Fairford Air Show  (Read 13424 times)
Coca Fola

« Reply #45 on: Sunday, July 8, 2012, 18:49:50 »

Does she do the whoop whoop thing?

Bennett
No Comment

Ignore
« Reply #46 on: Sunday, July 8, 2012, 20:18:32 »

Does she do the whoop whoop thing?
dude, that's not something you ask a family member about...

This is the water.
And this is the well.
Drink full and descend.
The horse is the white of the eyes and dark within.
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #47 on: Sunday, July 8, 2012, 21:26:59 »

I think that says more about Fola than anything else, he must have a different kind of relationship with his sister.  Maybe he lives in Oxford.

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
Coca Fola

« Reply #48 on: Monday, July 9, 2012, 02:19:59 »

I don't have a sister.  Smiley
Leggett
Do you like popsicles?

Ignore
« Reply #49 on: Monday, July 9, 2012, 05:42:57 »

She's just your lover, huh? Whatever makes it easier Cheesy

Notts red

Ignore
« Reply #50 on: Monday, July 9, 2012, 15:52:02 »

Took this

[url width=900 height=675]http://i1160.photobucket.com/albums/q486/Bewster/P1000282.jpg[/url]
The Vulcan flew low over the Melksham area today around mid morning, something was flying a few seconds before it but I was to slow to get outside to see what it was, Glad I saw the Vulcan though, well impressed.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #51 on: Monday, July 9, 2012, 16:25:50 »

The Vulcan flew low over the Melksham area today around mid morning, something was flying a few seconds before it but I was to slow to get outside to see what it was, Glad I saw the Vulcan though, well impressed.

They did a transit to Farnborough today, did the plane it was with sound like a prop plane? If so it was

http://www.theblades.com/

If it sounded more Jet like it was this:

http://www.raf.mod.uk/reds/

They did a Farnborough flypast with the Reds as an opening Smiley Formed up over Frome.

Landed at Farnboro' at 11:22.
« Last Edit: Monday, July 9, 2012, 16:34:15 by Batch » Logged
Langers

Ignore
« Reply #52 on: Monday, July 9, 2012, 16:43:53 »

The Vulcan flew over Silverstone on Saturday as well, that was pretty cool.
Notts red

Ignore
« Reply #53 on: Monday, July 9, 2012, 16:52:44 »

They did a transit to Farnborough today, did the plane it was with sound like a prop plane? If so it was

http://www.theblades.com/

If it sounded more Jet like it was this:

http://www.raf.mod.uk/reds/

They did a Farnborough flypast with the Reds as an opening Smiley Formed up over Frome.

Landed at Farnboro' at 11:22.
To be honest Batch it could of been either of those but am now disappointed I didn't get outside quick enough to see what was before the Vulcan. I did see a couple of Spitfires messing about over Cribbs this weekend but not sure if they were connected to the Fairford show, probably. About a hour after that what looked like an Airbus came really low before pulling up and banking sharply away, being close to Filton perhaps they were testing one?
Coca Fola

« Reply #54 on: Monday, July 9, 2012, 22:23:37 »

I'm very sure I saw the red arrows or some other formation of jets pass across Stroud earlier on. I don't know much about them so one of you lot can probably piece together what they were.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #55 on: Monday, July 9, 2012, 22:31:39 »

What colour were they?
Coca Fola

« Reply #56 on: Monday, July 9, 2012, 22:33:22 »

I don't know, it was a quick glance. There were about 5/6 of them, went past very quick. And before you say whoosh I see what you did there.
Notts red

Ignore
« Reply #57 on: Monday, July 9, 2012, 22:36:06 »

I don't know, it was a quick glance. There were about 5/6 of them, went past very quick. And before you say whoosh I see what you did there.
Wasnt There a Korean team at Fairford this year similar in numbers to the Red Arrows?
Coca Fola

« Reply #58 on: Monday, July 9, 2012, 22:37:54 »

No idea. They had wings if that helps.
Notts red

Ignore
« Reply #59 on: Monday, July 9, 2012, 22:48:25 »

No idea. They had wings if that helps.
Just had a look and if it wasn't the Red Arrows it was probably the South Korean Black Eagles. Black and white in colour with splashes of Yellow. Apparently they were dismantled in Korea, flown to Manchester and rebuilt at RAF Leeming for the show.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Up
Print
Jump to: