Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Adver News: Town boss keen for a new face  (Read 2678 times)
News Monkey

« on: Thursday, July 5, 2012, 07:00:06 »

Town boss keen for a new face

SWINDON Town are targeting another signing before they return from their pre-season tour of Italy, according to manager Paolo Di Canio.

http://www.thisisswindontownfc.co.uk/news/headlines/9798568.Town_boss_keen_for_a_new_face/?ref=rss

phelpsieboy

« Reply #1 on: Thursday, July 5, 2012, 07:25:17 »

Gotta random hunch it could be James Keene.
brocklesby red

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Thursday, July 5, 2012, 08:18:37 »

He scored twice against IFK Gothenborg on tuesday and is contracted until 2014 but on loan to Djurgardens so perhaps Elsborg want to move him on
kerry red

« Reply #3 on: Thursday, July 5, 2012, 08:47:05 »

I could do with a new face, too - cos I'm an ugly bastard
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #4 on: Thursday, July 5, 2012, 09:46:26 »

If we had a position then we could make some educated guesses, lots of good players in Scandinavia and several English players playing there, which I think could be more likely than a different national after the debacle of some of the foreign signings last year.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Thursday, July 5, 2012, 09:47:38 »

Might explain why he is keen to move Connell off the wage bill in the same time frame.
ronnie21

The Mighty Hankerton

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Thursday, July 5, 2012, 09:49:22 »

If we had a position then we could make some educated guesses, lots of good players in Scandinavia and several English players playing there, which I think could be more likely than a different national after the debacle of some of the foreign signings last year.
I was not taking a lot of notice but I thought PDC did say on the radio this morning it was a foreign player, currently playing in a foreign league - there again Paolo might just be playing mind games with us!!!
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #7 on: Thursday, July 5, 2012, 10:04:19 »

I was not taking a lot of notice but I thought PDC did say on the radio this morning it was a foreign player, currently playing in a foreign league - there again Paolo might just be playing mind games with us!!!
He does like to do that, I enjoy that in him. The player is probably English and playing in England knowing Paolo!

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
fatbasher

« Reply #8 on: Thursday, July 5, 2012, 10:49:31 »

Everyone who is not Italian is foreign to Paolo.  Grin
NorwayRed
Not quite Hitler

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Thursday, July 5, 2012, 10:57:31 »

Might be someone from Norwegian Football as well as Oliver Risser has been her a couple of seasons...

Might be his scouting? Hope not!

Well, anyway it will be exiting - but I guess Di Canio has learned from last year to be a bit more reserved on the impact foreign players will have in english lower league football....

James Keene is an interesting player and he will of course be great!

I have a hunch that it is either a striker or a central defender... might be a goalie as well as we need another back up there...

Ran the fanclub: Swindon Town Supporters Club of Norway between 1992 and 1998. Now runs the non-commercial online website for Norwegian Swindon-fans.

Twitter: duncanshearer
herthab
TEF Travel

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Thursday, July 5, 2012, 12:02:17 »

Might be someone from Norwegian Football as well as Oliver Risser has been her a couple of seasons...

Might be his scouting? Hope not!

Well, anyway it will be exiting - but I guess Di Canio has learned from last year to be a bit more reserved on the impact foreign players will have in english lower league football....

James Keene is an interesting player and he will of course be great!

I have a hunch that it is either a striker or a central defender... might be a goalie as well as we need another back up there...

So. you have a hunch it might be a striker, or a central defender, or a goalkeeper?

It's All Good..............
dphunt88

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Thursday, July 5, 2012, 12:06:17 »

So. you have a hunch it might be a striker, or a central defender, or a goalkeeper?

... a hunch!

Enthusiastic Loathed Strangers Podcast contributor.
Local media whore.
Ernie Hunt's second cousin, honest!
Overweight local cricket all-rounder!
scollenstfc

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: Thursday, July 5, 2012, 12:07:03 »

Whats the betting it turns out to be a midfielder!   Doh
RWB Robin

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: Thursday, July 5, 2012, 13:45:03 »

I see Wikipedia have made a silly typo in their piece on Keene.  They quote him as saying 'I would love to play for Sweden'!!!Easy error to make to put an 'e' instead of an 'in'... Roll Eyes
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: Thursday, July 5, 2012, 16:34:39 »

Gotta random hunch it could be James Keene.

Because of the article title?

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: