Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon V Some Italians Matchday Thread  (Read 7576 times)
pericarp
is a nice chap

Ignore
« Reply #45 on: Thursday, July 5, 2012, 18:16:55 »

Can't believe we conceded a goal not in open play. Infinitely worse defensively than last pre-season.

Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #46 on: Thursday, July 5, 2012, 18:17:47 »

I wonder whether the first half 11 is PDCs starting 11 and the 2nd half team the ressies ?

FIRST-HALF TEAM: Wes Foderingham; Nathan Thompson, Aden Flint, Alan McCormack, Jay McEveley; Matt Ritchie, Tommy Miller, Alan Navarro, Gary Roberts; James Collins, Andy Williams

SECOND-HALF TEAM: Wes Foderingham (Leigh Bedwell, 69); Simone Materazzi (Chris Smith, 67), Joe Devera, Troy Archibald-Henville, Alessandro Cibocchi; Raffa De Vita, Simon Ferry, Oliver Risser, Luke Rooney; Miles Storey, Paul Benson  

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #47 on: Thursday, July 5, 2012, 18:17:53 »

In my mind's eye, Materazzi gave away the penalty via headbutt to the chest.
kerry red

« Reply #48 on: Thursday, July 5, 2012, 18:21:23 »

Wouldn't read too much into which players played which half - very early days
ronnie21

The Mighty Hankerton

Ignore
« Reply #49 on: Thursday, July 5, 2012, 18:31:53 »

Wouldn't read too much into which players played which half - very early days
Agreed, but if you look at the two teams the only players in the second half team who will be in with a real shout are Ferry and Caddis - who didn't play tonight through injury.
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #50 on: Thursday, July 5, 2012, 18:33:03 »

In my mind's eye, Materazzi gave away the penalty via headbutt to the chest.

You can only hope.
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #51 on: Thursday, July 5, 2012, 18:34:34 »

Agreed, but if you look at the two teams the only players in the second half team who will be in with a real shout are Ferry and Caddis - who didn't play tonight through injury.

Would suggest you could add Benson, Archibald-Henville and possibly Rooney to that. Besides, Paolo does like chopping and changing so a first team is a fairly arbitrary concept.
ronnie21

The Mighty Hankerton

Ignore
« Reply #52 on: Thursday, July 5, 2012, 18:39:11 »

Would suggest you could add Benson, Archibald-Henville and possibly Rooney to that. Besides, Paolo does like chopping and changing so a first team is a fairly arbitrary concept.
To me our strongest team would have those three on the bench, although I guess they will all have a part to play as the season progresses.  Be interesting to see if Rooney can force his way in and stay there through consistent performances.  I don't see Miller playing a full season or Benson for that matter, impact players from the bench?
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #53 on: Thursday, July 5, 2012, 18:48:30 »

I wonder whether the first half 11 is PDCs starting 11 and the 2nd half team the ressies ?

FIRST-HALF TEAM: Wes Foderingham; Nathan Thompson, Aden Flint, Alan McCormack, Jay McEveley; Matt Ritchie, Tommy Miller, Alan Navarro, Gary Roberts; James Collins, Andy Williams

SECOND-HALF TEAM: Wes Foderingham (Leigh Bedwell, 69); Simone Materazzi (Chris Smith, 67), Joe Devera, Troy Archibald-Henville, Alessandro Cibocchi; Raffa De Vita, Simon Ferry, Oliver Risser, Luke Rooney; Miles Storey, Paul Benson 
I don't think the starting XI will be too far off the starting line up at Hartlepool with the obvious exception of Thompson. I also think there is a reasonable chance that Ferry beats out Miller and Benson starts ahead of Williams*

*as we all well know, you can never second guess Di Canio.
Notts red

Ignore
« Reply #54 on: Thursday, July 5, 2012, 19:26:09 »

I've had a quick scan through threads so sorry if it's been mentioned. In a daily paper today Paolo has called Balotelli an egotist who thinks the world revolves around him,"  Balotelli is selfish, he deserves a lot of slaps and not pats on the shoulder " " Balotteli does not play for the team only himself" the headline was: " I'd give Mario a slap, says Paolo " 
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #55 on: Thursday, July 5, 2012, 19:49:16 »

Haha quality
Notts red

Ignore
« Reply #56 on: Thursday, July 5, 2012, 20:00:06 »

Haha quality
Good picture of Paolo along side the headline with his beloved red and white scarf. More publicity for the Mighty Town.
singingiiiffy

Ignore
« Reply #57 on: Thursday, July 5, 2012, 20:02:54 »

I've had a quick scan through threads so sorry if it's been mentioned. In a daily paper today Paolo has called Balotelli an egotist who thinks the world revolves around him,"  Balotelli is selfish, he deserves a lot of slaps and not pats on the shoulder " " Balotteli does not play for the team only himself" the headline was: " I'd give Mario a slap, says Paolo "  

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/football/view/260434/I-d-give-Mario-Balotelli-a-slap-says-Paolo-di-Canio/

made the bbc gossip column this morning.
Notts red

Ignore
« Reply #58 on: Thursday, July 5, 2012, 20:04:46 »

That's the one, read it in my mates Wink star !
Swindon Please Win

Ignore
« Reply #59 on: Friday, July 6, 2012, 15:46:37 »

Highlights of the game with the perfect music to match...

But decent coverage from the Adver. Have a whole channel of videos of the tour.
« Last Edit: Friday, July 6, 2012, 15:52:00 by Swindon Please Win » Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Up
Print
Jump to: